• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Season X Discussion and Results

thewizard1o1

International Debutant
kears_falcon_9 said:
Well played Blacks.... Great start to season so far. Harry is really standing up in the absense of the seamers in Wilson, Thompson and Kearsley (haha just joking Neil). But yer Harry is doing great this season and with Willo and Thommo out of the team its an even better performance.
ouch :(

:laugh:

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Neil Pickup said:
The problem now is selection once the Internationals return...
good problem to have everyone has been doing well, personally i hope i have done well enough to keep my place when the big boys return.

kears_falcon_9

International Debutant
thewizard1o1 said:

LOL i only just saw this post. hehe sorry mate i left out ure name for mine :laugh: but ure right.. when we got ureself, willo, thommo and possibly harry as our seam attack it looks pretty damm good. Along with the ginger one throwing down some spinners.

Well played in the ODI btw.

thewizard1o1

International Debutant
kears_falcon_9 said:
LOL i only just saw this post. hehe sorry mate i left out ure name for mine :laugh: but ure right.. when we got ureself, willo, thommo and possibly harry as our seam attack it looks pretty damm good. Along with the ginger one throwing down some spinners.

Well played in the ODI btw.
lol tis cool, just making sure you didn't take some of my overs:@ :laugh:

kears_falcon_9

International Debutant
HAHA i wont be taking any of your overs let alone anyones in the near future. Seems as though ive been pushed right down in the pecking order for us arm roller-overs.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Looks like we really turned it on today, a great performance by all concerned.

Personally happy to continue my decent start to the year with 4 wickets. Batting still abysmal, average must have dropped below 20 now.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Cricket Web Colts v Cricket Web Red
at Goffmouth Park

It took into the fourth innings until someone realised how runs were to be scored at Goffmouth, but then the Colts came back with a vengeance. Dave Watt had opted to bat first on a fine pitch, but lost Thamba Mamesh in the opening over, and Greg Thomas was to wreak havoc on the innings later on. Before that, however, the entire middle order failed to go on with their starts, with Kyle Wright taking three vital wickets of Mørk (19), Stedman (27) and Dobson (17). Thomas then ended the innings with a five-for against the tail, and the Reds were bowled out for 154.

That paled in comparison with the Colts' efforts. First, the top three were bowled out for low scores, and the Colts were 16 for 3. Then came a period of calm, as Towns and Jasotharan smashed runs around, only for Kennett to come back and take three wickets in an over and send the Colts to 37 for 6. Towns rebuilt, making 34 before he was lbw to Sean Bennett, but the total of 72 was nevertheless the lowest thus far.

The Reds went into the second day in a commanding position, having seen Mørk and Mamesh hit 40 runs for the first wicket and leading by 122 with no loss. But from there, everything went downhill. Nick Hancock tortured the top order with accurate bowling after coming on as first-change, and Red fell to 88 for 5 - Feeney and Robbins threatened to rebuild but once again were dismissed shortly after reaching double digits, and eventually, Hancock had taken six for 30 and the Colts were set 217. Dave Watt then gave the Reds the start they wanted, by dismissing Matt Pitt, but Malthus-Howell and Nayak smashed 85 for the second wicket, and Shan Jasotharan followed up with a whirlwind 45. By the time of Jasotharan's dismissal, it was 177 for 4, and all but the most hopeful Reds fans realised which way it went. Dan Towns was allowed to hit a fifty and secure a win for the Colts.

Cricket Web Red 154 all out
Cricket Web Colts 72 all out
Cricket Web Red 144 all out
Cricket Web Colts 228 for 4
Cricket Web Colts won by 6 wickets.
Man of the Match: Greg Thomas

Cricket Web Green v Cricket Web Black
at CWBCC Stadium

At the CWBCC Stadium, young Daniel Smith stamped his mark firmly on Dev League cricket, by converting his previous HS mark of 27 into first a half-century, then a century, then 150 before he was finally dismissed for 171. By that time, he had already outscored the top seven of the Greens' effort, after Andrew Garven had opted to bat first on the CWBCC Stadium road. He quickly lost Sajith and Lezama, then enjoyed Malone and Scott's second century stand of the season, before the Blacks' varied bowling attack came in. Green slipped from 139 for 2 to 141 for 5, and eventually posted 194 after George Roberts wrapped up the tail.

Dan Smith and Simon Fitzsimmons started the innings well, getting runs on the scoreboard before tea on the first day and then going over to gritty accumulation. By the time Mat Mitchell had Fitzsimmons lbw, 147 runs were on the scoreboard - Dan Smith was then supported by Simon Jones, and the two batted until an hour before stumps on day two. By that time, Black had made 381 runs, and were starting to smash the bowling. That caused a mini-collapse when Cameron and Malone shared four wickets in nine balls, but Alex Blackman was still in, and after gritty support from George Roberts (14 not out) he made 72 runs and brought Blacks past 500. Neil Pickup then rubbed the whole thing in by slogging Mat Mitchell for six, and Green trailed by 327.

Falling to 90 for 5, Green put up a fight thanks to an entertaining partnership between Bharanidharan and Andrew Garven, but Garven found batting very tough on the fourth morning when the pitch started to crack up and succumbed having added only two to his overnight total of 86. Roberts got some more tail end scalps to end with six wickets for 70, the best figures of any Black bowler.

Cricket Web Green 194 all out
Cricket Web Black 521 all out
Cricket Web Green 246 all out
Cricket Web Black won by an innings and 81 runs
Man of the Match: Daniel Smith

Attachments

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
that an excellent performance from black, its great for the side to be consistently putting it together on the field, lets hope we can continue with this form...

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Pretty bad loss there from Reds, pretty spineless batting performance.

Great knock from DP Smith, thats one way to put your name infront of the Under 19 Selectors eyes.