• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Season X Discussion and Results

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Terrific win, especially with some internationals returning tomorrow.

Well-played Crampton on finally getting that FC milestone. You've been in good form lately and it's great that it's finally paid off. Well done Cloete for a 29th FC hundred (I think). Another fine hundred for Dylan, and good bowling from everyone.

Very pleasant win.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
disappinting defeat in the end for the blacks after starting off well, but we have been winning most of the time so hopefully we will be back to our best soon.

Cloete

International Captain
Great win boys! Everyone contributed to that victory! :D

I finally hit some Dev League FC runs. Then again this has happened alot, I hit a hundred early on and then fall away. I don't think the Blues need me scoring many though, everybody is putting their hand up this season and it's great to see! :)

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Cricket Web Colts v Cricket Web Red
at Goffmouth Park

A slow-paced pitch gave the Reds the opportunity to get revenge for throwing away the game last time, and though the Colts arguably batted better, they did not get the required runs up on the board for the Reds to feel threatened at any stage. Tight spells from Dave Watt and Rich Edmunds ensured that although the Colts had made 167 for 1 at one point, the run rate was at a snail's pace, and they closed on 228 for 3 with Arunava Das having top-scored with 85 not out. Shan Jasotharan also made a half-century.

In reply, the Reds were not distracted by the early loss of Stedman and Mamesh, but batted on stolidly. The partnership between Marc Robbins and Alex Feeney turned out to be crucial, as Feeney finally found some one-day form with an excellent unbeaten 75. Robbins also smacked two sixes and ended with 64 when he was run out, and the Reds secured victory with four balls to spare.

Cricket Web Colts 228/3 (50 ovs)
Cricket Web Red 230/4 (49.2 ovs)
Cricket Web Red won by six wickets

Cricket Web Green v Cricket Web Black
at CWBCC Stadium

Half-centuries from Simon Jones and Alex Blackman ensured that the Blacks got a very competitive total on a fine day at the CWBCC Stadium. The early breakthrough when Dan Smith was bowled by Andrew Cameron gave little reward for the Greens, and though Cameron got wickets during the slog overs, none of the Green bowlers really came away with flying colours. Gareth Gooljar stayed in for 8 not out at the end of the innings, denying Pickup a bat.

However, half-centuries abounded for Green, who kept a keen eye on the scoreboard and tonked the leg spinners to all corners. Malone and Scott shared a stand of 107 for the second wicket, reaching 54 and 62 respectively; when Roberts and Pickup broke through, Lezama came in to hit 54, including two sixes. Though Colin Benjamin redeemed an expensive new-ball spell with two late wickets, he also bowled a seven-ball over at the death, which Sajith and Vaughan exploited to see Green home with nearly four overs to spare.

Cricket Web Black 287/7 (50 ovs)
Cricket Web Green 291/6 (46.1 ovs)
Cricket Web Green won by four wickets

Attachments

Loony BoB

International Captain
Ouch. :( Maiden in the last few overs, along with only one run (a leg bye) scored off the last over... especially when we had only three wickets down. Should have done a lot better, these things - as clearly shown in this game - can make a huge difference. The bowlers also lacked that penetration required to win a game, and we'll have to see better next game from a few of them at least.

BlackCap_Fan

State Vice-Captain
I know I'm a little late. Excellent batting by Cloete and Jellet. I'm pretty happy with my 128 runs in the match as well.

but eventually got his revenge when Wilshere was caught for 87
Just 13 more runs.... :(

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
The CWBCC stadium seemed to have been a belter, Green chased down that 287 pretty well. Interesting performance by myself especially with the ball..

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Greenies! Good win there. Pretty happy to get 4 wickets, although not at all happy at going for 67. Great batting from Lezama, Malone and Scott, and then Sajith with his cameo at the end-- 26* off 10. Good stuff fellas.

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
awesome! good win lads!
Cameron ! wickets are wickets mate !
Scott is making his CW mark, CW A cant be far of, if he keeps his good performances up !
gutted to be still wicketless :( things need to change, you cant stay wicketless on a pitch like that.

kears_falcon_9

International Debutant
Bad luck Blacks. Well batted but some poor fielding and loose bowling prob cost us. Well dont to Jonsy on his 97 well batted mate.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Good to get the win there guys, Very very happy with Andy's wickets, even if he did go for 67, also happy with Malone and Sajith's spells. The batting was solid too, lots of people getting half centuries - Great Debut innings from Vaughan given the situation too :)

chooka_nick

International 12th Man
Samuel_Vimes said:
Cricket Web Colts v Cricket Web Red
at Goffmouth Park

A slow-paced pitch gave the Reds the opportunity to get revenge for throwing away the game last time, and though the Colts arguably batted better, they did not get the required runs up on the board for the Reds to feel threatened at any stage. Tight spells from Dave Watt and Rich Edmunds ensured that although the Colts had made 167 for 1 at one point, the run rate was at a snail's pace, and they closed on 228 for 3 with Arunava Das having top-scored with 85 not out. Shan Jasotharan also made a half-century.

In reply, the Reds were not distracted by the early loss of Stedman and Mamesh, but batted on stolidly. The partnership between Marc Robbins and Alex Feeney turned out to be crucial, as Feeney finally found some one-day form with an excellent unbeaten 75. Robbins also smacked two sixes and ended with 64 when he was run out, and the Reds secured victory with four balls to spare.

Cricket Web Colts 228/3 (50 ovs)
Cricket Web Red 230/4 (49.2 ovs)
Cricket Web Red won by six wickets
Ye Gods :S too slow fellas! Good to see the top order scoring, though.

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
good win greens, always hard chasing big totals and doing it with 4 overs to spare is a good chase. well done lads