• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Season X Discussion and Results

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Cricket Web Black v Cricket Web Blue
at Pickford Reserve

Despite taking a bunch of early wickets after opting to bowl first, Black got brutal treatment from the blades of Sean Fuller and Tom Halsey, who helped send the Blues back in contention from an early position of 19 for 3. Fuller had been the anchor of the innings, crossing for 121 runs off his own bat in addition to the ones other hit, and was visibly tired as he left the field. At the other end, Halsey had come in with the total on 249 for 7, and blasted Hoy and Thompson for runs; the number nine leg spinner hit ten fours and one six and reached his fifty in 20 balls, quite possibly the quickest fifty in CWLand history. He rounded off with a three to bring the total to 318 for 7.

The Blacks responded with a very well-paced chase, as they were roughly level until the 30th over, wheb Adam Collins got what many thought was the crucial wicket by dismissing David Kearsley for 35. Two overs later, he was taken for 27 in a seven-ball over and duly ushered to backward point, but Black had gone ahead of the Blues at this stage and it looked like the game would be decided by the bowlers. Black's undoing eventually was their unability to convert starts; nine batsmen reached double figures, yet the highest total was that of Ash Chaulk, with 47. Nathan Hoy nearly outscored him, as he attempted to emulate Halsey, but after smashing 46 in 22 balls he inside edged a ball from Liam Camps and could only glare at leg stump in disappointment. With 17 left to get for the final wicket, and plenty of time, Camps' experience once again showed through, as a tempting full toss flew off Harry Warwick's bat and directly to Dinu de Silva, who held the catch and secured a ten-run win in the thrilling encounter.

Cricket Web Blue 318/7 (50 ovs)
Cricket Web Black 308 all out (45 ovs)
Cricket Web Blue won by 10 runs

Attachments

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Congratulations Sean on that List-A hundred. Was a long time coming and well-deserved.

I'm not sure which is more surprising, that Sean hit just 3 boundaries in his 133 not out, or that Tom Halsey pulled a Gibbs. Maiden milestones for each and I couldn't be more pleased. The bowling side wasn't quite as sharp, but especially pleased with the continued progress made by Nath Patrick in the OD game.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Very pleased with that knock. Everyone struggled a bit early on as we lost 3 and I got knocked over off a no ball, but it was a good track to bat on after you got set, as shown by the scores. Great cameo by Halsey at the end got us to a really great score, and some excellent stuff from he and Liam helped us defend it.

That's four out of our last 5 now, and things are looking up.

thewizard1o1

International Debutant
Close to 50 runs off my last too overs was disgraceful...i blame jet lag from the trip home from the West Indies :p

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Beautiful victory. Sean and Halsey were spectacular. And all the bowlers contributed in some way. Pleased just to do my job for the team, for yet another victory. Keep on rollin`!

BlackCap_Fan

State Vice-Captain
Excellent win Blues! We're unstoppable!

Excellent batting by Fuller and Afri - er, I mean Halsey. Useful contributions by Camps and Crampton too.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Nice win Blues, impressive stuff from Sean and Halsey. Solid all-round bowling effort from everyone except yours truly, but good to start putting together some wins now.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Re: Inactivity

The following players have been declared inactive:

PR Sajith (CW Green)
CL Kalmar (CW Green)
SC Popat (CW Green)
S Jones (CW Black)
GS Gooljar (CW Black)*

They will be allowed to return to activity this season, but with depreciated skill. The longer the remain inactive, the greater depreciation.

* informed me of his inactivity due to exams (finished on Sunday) and will not suffer any depreciation of skill if he returns within the next 5 days.

P Bharat (CW Colts)
RE Edmunds (CW Red)

They are in danger of being declared inactive at the next inactivity check (the database switch day).