• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Season X Discussion and Results

thewizard1o1

International Debutant
AUST_HiTMaN said:
Gah, sorry for not showing up fellas.
But damn the game looked good on the big screen in the CW Bar...

Great win thou blacks, hopefully i can be a wee bit more useful in upcoming games...:unsure:

Loony BoB

International Captain
Neil Pickup said:
Liam, do we have home ODIs or Tests this season?

What if: Chaulk, Butler, Wilson, Hoy, Thompson, Kearsley and Pickup get called up again? Then I have nine players...
I'm pretty sure it was agreed that either loans would come into play or else that grade cricket names would move up temporarily to take their places?

That's what you get for drafting in all these international players, Neil. ;) Reminds me of Canterbury in NZ, I think half or more of their first XI has international experience... Stead, Papps, Fulton, Harris, Astle, Wiseman, McCullum, McMillan and U-19 world cup star Bennett to top it all off.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
marc71178 said:
Ouch, looks like the loaning thing might be called into play here - unless the captains can get together and agree that rather from having 18-18-18-16-15, it's made an equal 17 across the board?
It will have to be looked into. For the moment there's not too much urgency though. Captaincy are free to start up a discussion though, as trading is open all season long.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Neil Pickup said:
Liam, do we have home ODIs or Tests this season?

What if: Chaulk, Butler, Wilson, Hoy, Thompson, Kearsley and Pickup get called up again? Then I have nine players...
We only have a few home ODIs on the card this season. For those matches, a squad of 12/13 will be named for a max. of 2 matches at a time. The 12th(and 13th) man(/men) will be released to play domestic cricket on the match day. That means that 11 players will be unavailable at a given time, and it's doubtful that Thompson and Wilson will play at the same time. Granted, that still means you only have 10 players...

There's time to arrange something surely.

cbuts

International Debutant
great to see us there or there abouts in both forms blacks. lets continue this form and take out both titles!

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Blue are on a roll now.

Looking at those standards it looks like a couple of wins and we'll be there or therabouts.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Cricket Web Red v Cricket Web Green
at Cricket Web Oval

The crowd had expected more of the promised Mørk v Cameron battle in the first over, but as Mørk failed to bowl any of the balls near the stumps and a kind umpire refused to give wides, the first over of the Green v Red clash ended in a maiden. Still, Dave Watt got Cameron with the tenth ball of the match, leaving Lezama at the crease with the total 1 for 1. Scott soon followed, and when Lezama was caught and Malone run out, Green stared down the barrel at 24 for 4. However, two half-centuries from Watt and Gaukroger later, and a slogathon from Rose, and all of a sudden Green were right back in the game with a total of 239. Dave Watt, however, marked a return to form with stunning figures of seven for 72.

Reds started well, with an opening stand of 105 and blazing opening stands from Mamesh and Markus. However, the lower middle order disappointed, and the team lost five wickets for 35 runs to be reeling at 255 for 7. Robbins and Bennett played out a vital eighth-wicket partnership, however, adding 94 before Cameron had the better of Robbins, and Reds closed on 356, having won four batting points and a lead of 117.

As expected, Green lost a wicket in the first over - however, it was Scott who edged Kennett behind for two, and Cameron actually lasted until the fourth over, having made seven runs. Lezama and Maloen threatened a comeback, but when Borcich had them both caught behind in the nineteenth over, the scales swung sharply towards the Reds. Two more wickets fell before lunch, as there were no repeats of the first innings for Gaukroger and Garven, and with 65 for 6 after 23 overs, it looked difficult.

Borcich just continued after tea. Claiming the wickets of Cunningham, Bharanidharan and Rose, he ended up with six for 27 in an unearthly spell, while Sean Bennett chipped in with two to leave Weber high and dry on four not out. Reds celebrated an innings victory, while Green were left at the bottom of the table wondering what had happened to their first-class form.

Cricket Web Green 239 all out
Cricket Web Red 356 all out
Cricket Web Green 79 all out
Cricket Web Red won by an innings and 38 runs
Man of the Match: Marc Robbins

Attachments

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Awesome win. You sure that was me, not Borcich, with the 44* though? :blink: Highest FC score for me, and 3 sixes. Knew I should bat more like I do in OD.

Watt and Borks, though. Bloody amazing. Watt a partnership.

GO REDS!!!!

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Btw, Nick. You might not win that bet. Pretty sure the 44 will be close to catching up, if not overtaking you :p

Loony BoB

International Captain
Samuel_Vimes said:
Man of the Match: Marc Robbins
An interesting choice. He was outscored by two players and he only took one wicket (and a catch). Surely Borcich would have been MOTM with 6-27 in the second innings, if not Watt for 7-72 in the first innings?

Bobisback

International Regular
whoa, 3 on debut, and i didnt bowl, i could have went oh so much better, but regardless nice win reds!

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Loony BoB said:
An interesting choice. He was outscored by two players and he only took one wicket (and a catch). Surely Borcich would have been MOTM with 6-27 in the second innings, if not Watt for 7-72 in the first innings?
The partnership was instrumental. It gave Borcich and Watt 100 runs to play with in the second innings, which they did to perfection.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Bobisback said:
whoa, 3 on debut, and i didnt bowl, i could have went oh so much better, but regardless nice win reds!
You could have had worse. Think my debut was 3-0-25-0 or summat in the (now defunct) 25Smash tournament.

EDIT: 3-0-23-0

Last edited:

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Loony BoB said:
Maybe making up for other missed MOTM

Nice soild win for the Reds, nice to see the bowling start to click a bit more.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
steds said:
You could have had worse. Think my debut was 3-0-25-0 or summat in the (now defunct) 25Smash tournament.
I got a 4-fer on my debut, you guys are all crap. :laugh:

Last edited:

steds

Hall of Fame Member
chaminda_00 said:
I got a 4-fer on my debit, you guys are all crap. :laugh:
Yeah, well, who's laughing now?

...Damn! You, still. You're awesome. Taking the new ball for the Jets and tearing it up. Only one thing I can do: :notworthy