• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Season X Discussion and Results

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Adamc said:
Nice win Blue. Good to see Smith doing well, if he keeps bowling like that I won't get another OD game all season which can only be a good thing for our success rate. :p
Your time has been and gone. :)

Cloete

International Captain
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Comley floors McNamara

The medical arm of the CW Development League received pleasant news, as the first cricket-related injury was reported to them for the day. Colts' Jack McNamara broke his arm whilst facing fellow spinner David Comley in a net session.

He will miss 5 game days.
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Considering they'er both competing for places, one wonders if he didn't just the ball into his arm as hard as possible.

Anyway great win to the Blues! Blewy was inspirational, magnificent knock! Sean put in a great all-round performance (as opposed to his usual great all-round performance :D) and Liam also contributed well.

Have to give my biggest congrats to the new yell captain, who, in his second game, came up with a sterling spell of bowling. Congrats Votly! :happy:

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Cricket Web Red v Cricket Web Green
at CW Oval

A thunderous eighth-wicket partnership between Xavier Rose and Ben Vaughan dug the Greens out of a very deep hole at the CW Oval, caused by good mid-innings bowling from Kennett and Loganathan and suicidal tactics agaisnt Jack Teague. However, when it really mattered, they conceded 100 to the eighth-wicket pair, and had to see 291 up on the board despite all their good work with the ball.

The Reds looked good for long periods, with an opening stand of 156 between Stedman and Markus. However, a mid-innings return of Xavier Rose saw two wickets, and Red never really kept up with the run rate at the end - under 60 runs came off the final ten overs, as Mitchell, Cameron, Rose and Cunningham kept the rate down well, and Stedman's innings of 112 simply hogged up too much time. In a match where the bowlers had been traded out, it was ultimately the batsmen who failed to accomplish their task.

Cricket Web Green 290/7 (50 ovs) beat
Cricket Web Red 268/6 (50 ovs) by 22 runs

Attachments

Last edited:

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Ahh crap. Our new look bowling attack may need time to adjust to OD cricket. Marmite Marc was decent again, backing up by tight spells from Borks and Tharmi, who was awesome. Go Tharmi! Kennett got OD wickets, too :blink: pity he couldn't be more economical.
Markus was his usual self and it's good to see Jimmy S getting another good 100. Good shot for world Cup squad, me thinks.

I would shout "GO REDS!", but it hurts my broken pelvis.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
A bit surprised you guys dropped Ed, easierly been our best OD bowler. Really need some more runs from the lower middle order, Thamba time to pull your finger out.

Last edited:

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Fantastic performance guys, Solid opening partnership (i scored faster then Rob for once) then abit of a collapse - spectacularly saved by Vaughan and Rose to get us to a good score.

Great bowling from Rose including the key wickets of Markus and Dauth saw us nicely home :)

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Results said:
as Mitchell, Cameron, Rose and Cunningham kept the rate down well,
I went for 10-64/0 lol
my OD form is average...suprised i'm still in the team

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Great win there Greens. Great opening stand from Malone and Garven to get us off to a good start. And Rose :-O 62* off 44 and 3/39! What a guy

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
age_master said:
Fantastic performance guys, Solid opening partnership (i scored faster then Rob for once) then abit of a collapse - spectacularly saved by Vaughan and Rose to get us to a good score.

Great bowling from Rose including the key wickets of Markus and Dauth saw us nicely home :)

yer great win guys, that was definately a must win game, and skip i let out score me lolna well done and to the boys down the bottom who kept it alive esp xavier well batted well bowled and i might as well just add well fielded.........

new_age_ar

First Class Debutant
chaminda_00 said:
Really need some more runs from the lower middle order, Thamba time to pull your finger out.
You have one good game and now you think your good enough to have a go at me. But yes your right i better step it up very soon or i might find myself on the bench. After a clean out of the bowling the batting must not be too far off.

Oh there was one thing i enjoyed about this game:
Code:
NG Scott           c T Mamesh           b T Loganathan       13     20    0      0
Hopefully there is many more of these to come, even better we got our former Ex20 Team mate out. :D

AUST_HiTMaN

International Debutant
chaminda_00 said:
A bit surprised you guys dropped Ed, easierly been our best OD bowler. Really need some more runs from the lower middle order, Thamba time to pull your figure out.
I must say I am disappointed that Edmunds wasn't in the posted XI, as he was in the preliminary squads discussed with the selection panel. Hak?

TIF

U19 Debutant
Good win for the Greens, but I have been very disappointed with my performance this season as I am yet to hit a 6:@