• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Season X Discussion and Results

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Greens! What a win! Awesome bowling from Rose to bundle them out for a low second innings score, and then great back to the wall batting from Vaughan and Cunningham. Great effort.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Great stuff guys, Andy, Xavier and Tarik were all great withe the ball - Vaughan and Cunningham the last 2 batsmen of the match with the highest scores:)

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
yes, Greens on a roll... And I didn't even need to bat during the second dig. I guess having a deep batting line up paid off, although it is only because of the efforts of Vaughan and Cunningham and the bowlers. :)

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Cricket Web Colts v Cricket Web Black
at Goffmouth Park

After Black chose to bat first under laden skies at Goffmouth, they quickly got problems with the pacy bowling of Thomas and Wright, and first change seamer Nick Hancock continued his fantastic run of form by claiming almost the entire Black middle order en route to five for 33. However, the pitch was still very true and gave plenty of runs if the application was right, as was shown by Neil Pickup - the Black No. 11 hit an unbeaten 25 for the third-highest score of the innings, behind tenth-wicket partner Nathan Hoy (32) and Chris Butler (31). The 62-run partnership between Pickup and Hoy is the highest all season.

However, as is usual in Colts matches, the batting made things all too exciting. By stumps on day one, Colts were 67 for 4 after two wickets each from Wilson and Thompson, and when Thompson was reintroduced on the second morning he immediately nicked Malthus-Howell. However, Towns and Hancock ground out 137 for the sixth wicket, with Hancock backing up the five-for with 67 valuable runs. Hoy then cleaned up Towns and Wright with the new cherry in hand, but Colts still gained a lead of 93 on first innings.

Simon Fitzsimmons took it upon himself to fix that. The former CW XI Test opener blazed out of the blocks, but once again Hancock came to the rescue with a splendid away-swinger, but Black still had a slender lead of two going into the third day. Smith and Chaulk marched past 100, but Rai broke the partnership, and Greg Thomas then incited a collapse when he had Butler caught behind for 4. By lunch, Black were effectively 83 for 6. However, Thompson and Wilson smashed the ball around after lunch, sharing a stand of 132 including two sixes off Wright in one over; Thompson edged the fourth ball of that over back to the bowler, and the partnership was broken, but he had nevertheless given Black a chance. Hoy continued the carnage with a hoiked six off his second ball at the crease, and the over read 6 . 6 W . 6. The partnership between Wilson and Hoy was eventually worth 51, but Thomas and Hancock cleaned up nicely, and Black fell to 339.

Defending a target of 247, Nathan Hoy started off with three wides in the first over; Mike Wilson then had Stephen Burke lbw with his first ball, but was taken for six with his fifth. However, after another two strikes from Wilson, the Colts recovered thanks to Shan Jasotharan, who reached his fifty off 61 balls and was still at the crease when the Colts closed on 106 for 3. He smashed to Wilson with the eighth ball of the fourth morning, however, and that was the start of a menacing spell from Pickup. It eventually read 12-3-37-5 after Rai and Wright took him on a bit, but it was still good enough to take the heart out of the Colts' chase; Rai and Wright threatened for a brief period but Dave Richards took care of them, and secured an 80-run win for Black.

Cricket Web Black 154 all out
Cricket Web Colts 247 all out
Cricket Web Black 339 all out
Cricket Web Colts 166 all out
Cricket Web Black won by 80 runs.
Man of the Match: Mike Wilson

Cricket Web Green v Cricket Web Blue
at CwBCC Stadium

Liam Camps and Brendon Goff made life tough for Green supporters on the first day at the CWBCC Stadium. After Cameron had dismissed Young in the first over, Camps and Goff fought back with a stand of 152, led by Goff who thumped two sixes. The bowlers got hit around, especially Rose, and though Weber and Cunningham got wickets in the evening session the first day firmly belonged to Blue, who could read 304 for 4 off the Verghese End scorecard.

On the second morning, however, Andy Cameron had fun. Bowling in tandem with Weber and Malone, Cameron stole the limelight, and six wickets to boot as he ended with staggering figures of eight for 72 - including the morning's spell of 6.1-0-17-6. Dylan Jellett was the only one who fought him off, but he ended on 28 not out. Still, Blue finished with a healthy total of 361.

However, Green responded in fashion. Rob Malone and Nick Scott built their opening partnership well, hit out when required, and both made centuries as if to make up for previous last-wicket performances. Malone was eventually dismissed for 115, but Scott was the senior hitter of the innings, eventually nicking to Camps for a stunning 197. Blue came back thanks to patient bowling, but two half-century partnerships for the ninth and tenth wicket ensured that Green made a hefty total of 571.

Both openers departed quickly, with Cunningham getting good rewards, and when Goff went for a belligerent 32, Blue wre 53 for 3. Cloete and Fuller rebuilt, but Cameron broke through twice, sending Jellett to the crease. He fought off Cameron in his first spell, and attacked the other bowlers to reach 49, before Cameron returned to have him caught behind. The Blues were now effectively 21 for 6, and the rest of the wickets fell quickly to leave Green with a target of 39

If there ever were any chances, they were quickly spoiled when two chances to dismiss Scott went begging in the opening over. Blue still got three cheap wickets, but Malone made a healthy 23 not out to see the Greens win by seven wickets.

Cricket Web Blue 361 all out
Cricket Web Green 571 all out
Cricket Web Blue 248 all out
Cricket Web Green 39 for 3
Cricket Web Green won by seven wickets.
Man of the Match: Nick Scott

Attachments

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
If I was Indian, I'd be an allrounder now :D

A great team performance - we're all putting it in when needed, now if the middle order would sort themselves out we'd be invincible!

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
YAY! we finally remembered how to bat. Great stuff from Malone ans Scott - 63* from Weber batting with Rose and Cameron boosted us to a massive total. Was good to see it wasn't Cameron doing all the work in the 2nd innings too. Cameron finished the match with 12/116 from 42.1 overs - Brilliant stuff :D

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Wow! What a showing. Opening stand of 322, with centuries for each opener, and Scott unlucky to miss out on his double. Very, very happy with my bowling there, I'm pretty sure that's my first 10-fer, and then a 26 from number 11 to boot!

Cloete

International Captain
Damn!!! Disappointing loss!

For about the first time this season it was the bowling that let us down. Trav did well and all the bowlers toiled their hearts out. We'll get the next one boys!

Personally, happy to finally hit some Dev League FC runs. Another good match personally with 78 and 102. Just a shame I didn't contribute to us winning.

kears_falcon_9

International Debutant
Neil can i have MY batting form back please :) It seems to have run away to you or sumwere else. arhgahgr so frustrating. Keep it up Blacks.

mikeW

International Vice-Captain
Great win blacks shattered i couldnt break the drought and get those extra 9 runs for the century but oh well the team won thats the main thing...

Last edited: