• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Season X Discussion and Results

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
TIF said:
Good close win for the Greens and this time, I am happy with my performance as well as I finally managed to hit a 6 and score at a strike-rate above 100:D
So ignore the fact you only made 32 then, you hit a six and that's all that matters.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Oh come on guys, he's just saying he hit a six. Pickup scores 20 odd and he jokes that he's an allrounder and everyone has a chuckle, and then TIF says he hit a six and you all start criticising him.

Loony BoB

International Captain
I think that's the third time we've lost a game we should have won due to a low scoring rate despite having at least five wickets in hand. Vimes, can you just confirm that the batting was definitely set to aggresive for at least those last five overs?

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Excellent win. And I had a decent hit as well, for once. ;) I guess we should have attacked a bit more at the slog though.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Cricket Web Colts v Cricket Web Black
at Goffmouth Park

Powerful batting from Nick Hancock and Matt Smith, who played despite the recent disciplinary issues, gave the Colts the platform they needed after gritty innings from Arunava Das and Pooja Bharat had taken them to a somewhat precarious 173 for 5. However, Hancock and Smith added 120, as Thompson, Hoy and Wilson were carted in the last ten overs.

When Colts bowled, they got a poor start when Wright and Smith leaked runs to Chaulk, Smith and Jones, but twirlers David Comley and Sam Lowings kept the rate down with stunning spells - Lowings bowled ten overs for 28, while Comley had five scalps for 47. Needing a huge total from the last ten overs, Black couldn't cope, and Smith got the chance to grab four for 43 as Colts won in commanding fashion.

Cricket Web Colts 293/5 (50 ovs)
Cricket Web Black 227 (48.5 ovs)
Cricket Web Colts won by 66 runs
Man of the Match: David Comley

Cricket Web Green v Cricket Web Blue
at CWBCC Stadium

Once again, the blades of Tom Halsey (69* off 23) and Ben Wilshere (45* off 27) scythed through the Green bowlers, as an excellent start with two wickets from each of the opening bowlers, Rose and Cunningham, was thrown away. However, though the rates were kept reasonably well down in the middle overs, the Blue batting depth shone through, and before Green knew it the Blues had amassed 321 for 6.

In reply, Green lost No. 1 Rob Malone for a golden duck, and steadily declined from there. A gritty partnership between Andrew Garven and Dhamaka Singh only sent the run rate skyrocketing, and after three wickets fell in there successive overs, Green decided to attempt to bat out 50 overs. They nearly managed; however, Gundry was caught behind on the third-to-last ball, giving Green a paltry 173 all out.

Cricket Web Blue 321/6 (50 ovs)
Cricket Web Green 173 (49.3 ovs)
Cricket Web Blue won by 148 runs
Man of the Match: Tom Halsey

Attachments

bryce

International Regular
Shocking death bowling from me and Xavier after good starts - I had 2/29 off 7 & Rose had 2/37 off 7 after our opening spells... Why is it I keep getting run out

Last edited:

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
101 runs off the last 6 overs. This is almost unbelievable. :ph34r:

Tom... wow.
Ben... wow.

Blues... terrific.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Wow, what's up with Halsey and Wilshere's batting this season? :blink: Incredible. Happy to manage a passable OD bowling performance for a change as well. Good win Blue, really starting to hit our stride now.