• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Season X Discussion and Results

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
His last post here was more than 2 weeks ago though.
Make that 0 seconds ago.

I apologise for my inactivity - I've had a few other things going on recently (including complete fiascos for lack of a better word at other forums). I have been keeping up with the results whenever I could (which is evident by the fact that I noticed my inactivity declaration within about 14 hours), but I obviously wasnt really able to post.

I'd like to re-declare my activity.. is simply posting that here all I need to do or is there a special thread I must do so in?

I also recall longer absences last season by other players that incurred no penalties at all, but I can see you're cracking down harder this season and I can appreciate that.

Resha

School Boy/Girl Captain
Whoa, my BoB isn't a loser! :p

Pooja is an Indian name ;______; I have reconciled myself to it so don't spoil it, dip! :p

I'm in Colts, yes, and proud of it to boot! :D Greens last season, so Greens still > everyone but the Colts.

kears_falcon_9

International Debutant
Couple of big 5day games coming up in the next few days for Black. Against Green and Blue should be great.

P.S Do we not get to select the Under19;s that are playing in the first game or what? It hasnt been stated really.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Prince EWS said:
Make that 0 seconds ago.

I apologise for my inactivity - I've had a few other things going on recently (including complete fiascos for lack of a better word at other forums). I have been keeping up with the results whenever I could (which is evident by the fact that I noticed my inactivity declaration within about 14 hours), but I obviously wasnt really able to post.

I'd like to re-declare my activity.. is simply posting that here all I need to do or is there a special thread I must do so in?

I also recall longer absences last season by other players that incurred no penalties at all, but I can see you're cracking down harder this season and I can appreciate that.
Considering your swiftness of response, you don't lose any skill, pending the establishment of activity over the next few days.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Cricket Web Green vs Cricket Web Black
at the Pickford Reserve

David Kearsley was in scintillating form down in Pickford, as he reached his eighth century and highest first-class score in a total of 483 in the CW Black first innings. Simon Fitzsimmons and Ash Chaulk set a good foundation, but some tense times in the middle order threatened to undo the good work. The lower order was called to action and performed admirably in offering support to Kearsley en route to the large score.

Under pressure, the Greens looked good in their reply, but could not push on from promising starts. Anthony Lezama and Andrew Garven hit half-centuries, but the lower order fell away to the spin of Pickup and Richards. Whilst Lezama and Garven batted, the follow-on target seemed a formality, but the Greens ultimately fell short at 266 all out.

Neil Pickup had no hesitation in enforcing the follow-on, and his seam bowlers picked up where he and Richards had left off. The score crumbled from 37/1 to 66/5, and Bryce Cunningham (33) and Xavier Rose (24) played with some spunk, but could manage to push the score no further than 163.

Cricket Web Black 1st Innings 483 all out
Cricket Web Green 1st Innings 266 all out
Cricket Web Green 2nd Innings Following On 163 all out
Cricket Web Black won by an Innings and 54 runs.

Man of the Match: DA Kearsley

Cricket Web Colts vs Cricket Web Red
at the CW Oval

An unbeaten 45 from Daniel Towns was huge in a calm run chase by the Colts, as they overhauled a target of 164 at the Oval. Towns added 76 for the fifth wicket with James Malthus-Howell, and took his team to a 5-wicket win.

It was the batting of Shan Jasotharan, however, that proved the major difference between the two teams. The middle order batsman spanked his first innings century at better than a run-a-ball, and shone in a partnership of 174 with Towns. The Colts managed to post 293 in their first turn at the crease, taking a lead of 32 as they responded to CW Red's 261.

The Reds had batted first when they won the toss, but after a very solid top order effort, a fantastic second morning burst from Greg Thomas sealed a collapse of 7 wickets for 65 runs. He finished with 5 wickets, and took the final 4 to fall.

Mamesh and Mørk began the second innings with great assurance, and the Reds quickly erased the deficit comfortably and built toward 94/0. It was then that spin entered the game and to sensational effect. Comley and Rai proceeded to share 6 wickets, and the score only reached 195 all out due to the defiance of Borcich and Loganathan at the end.

The defence of 164 started promising for CW Red, with Burke taken by his opposite number behind the stumps. When Jasotharan played on later, the score was 83/4, and it seemed that the Reds may have fought back into contention. The resilience of Towns and Malthus-Howell then ruled decisively otherwise.

Cricket Web Red 1st Innings 261 all out
Cricket Web Colts 1st Innings 293 all out
Cricket Web Red 2nd Innings 195 all out
Cricket Web Colts 2nd Innings 164 for 5
Cricket Web Colts won by 5 wkts.

Man of the Match: S Jasotharan

Attachments

Mr Mxyzptlk

The pain of rejection

Brendon Goff will miss 5 game days with a fractured cheekbone, after he was assaulted by a 21-year-old woman at the Moochy Bar. The woman claimed she though he was hitting on her, and responded, "I did what my instincts told me (to do) - roundhouse kicked him to the face. I'm not a piece of meat."

No word from Goff as to whether he intends to press charges.

Simon

Mr Mxyzptlk said:
The pain of rejection

Brendon Goff will miss 5 game days with a fractured cheekbone, after he was assaulted by a 21-year-old woman at the Moochy Bar. The woman claimed she though he was hitting on her, and responded, "I did what my instincts told me (to do) - roundhouse kicked him to the face. I'm not a piece of meat."

No word from Goff as to whether he intends to press charges.
what happened to the look but cant touch rule goffy ;)

Simon

good win for black though, the batting really stood up early on and the bowlers did the rest, that really was a complete performance, well done to kears for his highest FC score...

kears_falcon_9

International Debutant
Woah so i can bat :). Finnaly get some runs and it feels good. Fantastic game by the Blacks the lower order really batted well as did fitzy and chaulk. Great bowling all round, sharing the wickets. Dave Richards is on fire.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
C'mon Reds... this is beyond a joke... But well batted from Mork, Mamesh and Marc, well bowled Kennett!

Last edited: