• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Season X Discussion and Results

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Great win lads, Kears finding great form, Chaulky and Fitz chipping in and wickets all round for the bowlers. Comprehensive

Personally pretty happy with match figures of 6-43 and 24*. hopefully i can reach my goal of 50 wickets for the season.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Cricket Web Black vs Cricket Web Blue
at the PDV Dome

For the second time this season spin dictated terms at the PDV Dome, as Dave Richards and Neil Pickup shared 12 wickets in a comprehensive victory for Black over their Blue hosts. Richards capitalized on an incisive spell from Nathan Hoy, as the Blues could manage just 105 in their second innings, chasing a modest 206 for victory.

The game was a tight affair for the most part, and the Blacks were steady rather than spectacular in working their way to 253 batting first. Richards topscored with 42, though four others reached 30.

In their reply, the Blues reached a pleasant 145/2, but collapsed dramatically to 227 all out. Camps was left unbeaten on 42. Callum Benjamin cleaned up the tail with 3 wickets, but it was the legspin of Pickup that did the major damage for CW Black. He took 4 wickets amongst the top order and tugged back the Blue momentum severely.

Fitzsimmons and Smith did well to consolidate a lead of 26 with a partnership of 49, but Demeza broke through with a double strike to keep the game interesting. The left-arm quickie finished with 4 wickets in the innings and 8 in the match, and played a big role in limiting the score to 179. Smith scored a good half-century, but support was difficult to procure.

Batting to keep a purple patch going, the Blues struggled to 57/4 and never recovered.

Cricket Web Black 1st Innings 253 all out
Cricket Web Blue 1st Innings 227 all out
Cricket Web Black 2nd Innings 179 all out
Cricket Web Blue 2nd Innings 105 all out
Cricket Web Black won by 100 runs.

Man of the Match: DP Richards

Attachments

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Robbins collapses, out for 12

Former Red captain, Marc Robbins collapsed whilst bowling at a training session today. The allrounder was delivering to David Kennett in the nets when he went to his knees in a fit of pain.

Having been ******ed off the field, he was diagnosed as having a slipped disc in his lower back. No word as to how he sustained the injury.

He will be sidelined for 12 game days.

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Former Red captain, Marc Robbins collapsed whilst bowling at a training session today. The allrounder was delivering to David Kennett in the nets when he went to his knees in a fit of pain.

Having been ******ed off the field, he was diagnosed as having a slipped disc in his lower back. No word as to how he sustained the injury.

:-O :wacko:

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Mr Mxyzptlk said:

ouch :(

Travis_Teh

International Regular
It was just a matter of time before one of the old boys popped a disc, fitting it was Marc.
*cough*

Over the moon to take 8 - 130odd, for the match, but extremely dissappointed our batting went on walk about...!

Travis_Teh

International Regular
Paid The Umpire said:
I'm wondering if I'm actual active or not. I haven't seen myself play for a while. I think I'm in Blacks... maybe they don't need me :(
You (unbelievabely) took like 6 wickets in grade cricket yesterday, i think :P

dinu23

International Debutant
damn it! what the hell is wrong with me! 13 & 17, sheesh! this is my worst season. season X may sound cool but it doesn't agree with me. :(

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Samuel_Vimes said:
Sought: Middle order batting form.

Oh, and Tharmi...14-8-14-1? You're taking a leaf out of Sean's book. :sleep:
Worst spell of my life, i have no idea why im bowling like some boring defensive spinners. Time to attack and get some wickets or i might find myself on the side lines for the rest of season when Sean comes back. Targeting a Larker for the next FC game to hopefully secure my place and stop this losing strike of the Reds.

Hmm Marc and Rob out next game really time for the middle order to step up.