• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Season X Discussion and Results

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Disappointing loss that. Our bowlers did the job in a big way, especially Trav, and we certainly should have won from the strong position they put us in. Very disappointed with my shocking season with the bat so far in the longer form. I've only contributed in one game.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Another good performance Blacks, this time missing 4 players, must be up there challenging in 4day atm. Keep it up.

Continues to be a great season for myself, make that 43 wickets@15.77 so far, my aim was 50 wickets - ill now be hoping to surpass that.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
superkingdave said:
Another good performance Blacks, this time missing 4 players, must be up there challenging in 4day atm. Keep it up.

Continues to be a great season for myself, make that 43 wickets@15.77 so far, my aim was 50 wickets - ill now be hoping to surpass that.
Indeed - great stuff all round from the bowlers. I'm also considering promoting myself to ten.

That or swapping myself with Butler!

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Another heavy loss. WE are like the most inconsistent team around here. Personally gutted by my 32 ball duck. Even Athers could have done better than that. I am not going into my shell anymore. :@

I am gonna join TIF in the "I want to hit a six" club. ;)

Let's hope that we can at least turn our form around in one form of the game. Heavy losses in both forms are extremely demoralizing.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
honestbharani said:
Another heavy loss. WE are like the most inconsistent team around here. Personally gutted by my 32 ball duck. Even Athers could have done better than that. I am not going into my shell anymore. :@

I am gonna join TIF in the "I want to hit a six" club. ;)
Start by hitting a run. You don't want to have too high expectations early on.

cricketboy29

International Regular
Samuel_Vimes said:
Start by hitting a run. You don't want to have too high expectations early on.
Oooh...Had a hard day, did we Haakon, all the threads you've been laying down one-liners that I would expect from Rob.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Cricket Web Green vs Cricket Web Black
at the Pickford Reserve

Cricket, lovely cricket. The game at the Pickford Reserve went right down to the wire, and heroes from both teams emerged as the Blacks snuck home by 3 wickets. Chris Butler and Nathan Hoy cleared the boundary at crucial stages to deny a fightback by CW Green in the final passages of the match.

Hoy earlier shone with the ball. He took 5 wickets to be the main executor in a total of 248/9. Nick Scott played beautifully for a half-century at the top of the order, but the collapse of the lower order stunted any true progress.

In their turn, Black quickly lost Ash Chaulk, but Daniel Smith and Simon Fitzsimmons consolidated beautifully to a tune of 148 runs. From a platform of 152/2 the game seemed a simple chase. Andy Cameron and Xavier Rose dismissed the idea of a cakewalk, but Hoy and Gooljar held their nerve in the end.

Cricket Web Green 248/9 (50 overs)
Cricket Web Black 252/7 (49.2 overs)

Cricket Web Black won by 3 wickets.
Man of the Match: NS Hoy

Cricket Web Colts vs Cricket Web Red
at the CW Oval

Much unlike the drama unfolding in Pickford, the Reds cruised to a comfortable win over the Colts at the Oval. Ian Markus and James Stedman put on 214 for the first wicket - a huge stand, especially given the modest target of 233. The latter was bowled by a Kyle Wright slower ball, but Alex Feeney took his place at the crease and eased to 17 from 9 balls. Markus was left with another well-compiled unbeaten hundred.

The star of the game, however, was Gaurav Nayak. The young allrounder got a chance to shine in the absence of veteran Marc Robbins, and grabbed his opportunity with both hands.

He took 5 wickets in an innings for the first time in his List-A career, and was the chief bowler responsible in limiting the Colts to 232. Even that total looked in doubt, but Stephen Burke batted exceptionally for a maiden half-century. He was unbeaten at the end, guiding his team from a sluggish and uncertain 89/4 to the eventual total.

Cricket Web Colts 232/7 (50 overs)
Cricket Web Red 233/1 (41.2 overs)

Cricket Web Red won by 9 wickets.
Man of the Match: GN Nayak

OD Standings

Attachments

Last edited:

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Kearsley's crucial miss

David Kearsley will miss 9 game days with a broken jaw, after he failed to claim a skied catch during an unorthodox CW Black warmdown session at the Pickford Reserve. The middle order batsman totally misjudged the friendly toss and suffered a grave consequence.

Travis_Teh

International Regular
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Kearsley's crucial miss

David Kearsley will miss 9 game days with a broken jaw, after he failed to claim a skied catch during an unorthodox CW Black warmdown session at the Pickford Reserve. The middle order batsman totally misjudged the friendly toss and suffered a grave consequence.
ouch

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
OMG who ever said there wasn't enough injuries most be hiding in some little corner.

On a happier note what a spell from Gaurav, i knew you had it in you mate, great effort. Great knock from Ian, but that not as much as a surprise. Great way to get back on the winner list. I was i could bowl in ODs though. Well i guess it doesn't matter as long as we win.