• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Season X Discussion and Results

Travis_Teh

International Regular
cricketboy29 said:
Tough Stuff from the ginger one.
He just isn't use to competition from others saying they didn't have a good game because they are missing a few players.

He felt threatened that his crown could be taken, I guess. :(

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Cricket Web Black vs Cricket Web Red
at the Pickford Reserve

It was a moment for a most remarkable individual effort during the Red second innings against Black. Despite a lead of 151 having been secured, the game was well-poised when the Red score collapsed to 55/3. A cameo from Ian Markus partnered Thamba Mamesh, but when the eight wicket fell, the lead was just 266 runs and the score 115.

The Blacks had fought hard to get themselves back into the game, no less than Nathan Hoy, who claimed the second first-class hat-trick of the season. The former Green quickie took the wickets of Dobson, Borcich and Loganathan, then was held up by the Red skipper, Dave Watt.

The magnitude of the innings that he proceeded to play was near immeasurable, though clearly overshadowed by the utter genius at the other end. Mamesh stroked the ball with elegance and class becoming of a veteran, and tackled the difficult batting conditions with assurance and courage.

He was finally out to George Roberts to end the innings, but had added 90 with his captain in a crucial stand.

Deflated and weary, the Blacks stuggled for the second time in the match against the Red seamers. Dave Watt sent shockwaves through the top order, but David Kennett followed up his first innings 6-for with 5 more wickets and pushed the result beyond any question.

The lower order and tail-end batsmen for CW Black were purposeful in their stance, but it only delayed the inevitable.

Cricket Web Red 1st Innings 376 all out
Cricket Web Black 1st Innings 225 all out
Cricket Web Red 2nd Innings 208 all out
Cricket Web Black 2nd Innings 162 all out
Cricket Web Red won by 197 runs.

Man of the Match: T Mamesh

Cricket Web Blue vs Cricket Web Colts
at Goffmouth Park

Staying true to the heroic theme of the round, Shan Jasotharan followed up his maiden international ton with a match-winning unbeaten effort for his first-class team. His hundred came from just 90 balls and was essential in the chase of 201 for victory, after the Colts had faltered at 10/3.

Partnered by Daniel Towns in the initial recovery, Jasotharan played with caution despite the flair and quick scoring he typically associates with. The innings stole what seemed on course to be a rermarkable come-from-behind victory for the Blues. Credit also to James Malthus-Howell and Nick Hancock, who played the game of support and strike rotation.

The Blues won the toss and batted first on the small ground, but terrible running between the wickets accounted for all of the top three, including the topscorer for the innings. It was a catastrophic batting effort in the way that batsmen got in and then got out.

Following the same theme, the Colts managed to get starts and then perish to loose shots. However, they held together longer than their counterparts, and took a solid lead of 85. Daniel Rai's innings was key, coming to the crease at 220/6, when the lead was just 11 and the tail exposed.

The Blue openers played positively to try to negotiate the deficit, and looked in good shape at 92/0. Young then top-edged a sweep shot to be caught at short fine leg, and the innings came undone once more. Dinu DeSilva followed up his first innings 87 with another impressive start, but was taken behind off a Thomas beauty. Sean Fuller and Ben Wilshere both looked to have gotten in on the worn pitch, then fell to the Colts spinners, who shared 6 wickets.

It took a determined, if chancy, innings from Tom Halsey to get to a lead of 200, and Nath Patrick and Adam Collins supported well in terms of crease occupation.

Set the interesting target of 201, the Colts were shaken by pace of Demeza and accuracy of Patrick. The pitch was doing no favours, but when Towns and Jasotharan got themselves in, the momentum swung decisively.

Cricket Web Blue 1st Innings 209 all out
Cricket Web Colts 1st Innings 294 all out
Cricket Web Blue 2nd Innings 285 all out
Cricket Web Colts 2nd Innings 203 for 5
Cricket Web Colts won by 5 wkts.

Man of the Match: S Jasotharan

Attachments

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Nice win there by the Reds, the batsmen really stood up and and quailty bowling by the seamers to back them up. Gutted with my performance, pretty pathetic, back to the Jets i think, Sean back next game if im not miss-taken.

All u19 players could have played this round, next round the youth test players are out. Better get down to selecting the side then.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Right arm fast said:
isnt dauth with the under 19s luckily for us he didn't get any runs
This is a new game day, so all players were available. No team was named (by anyone) though, so the last team was played again (except for Kearsley). Neil may argue that he didn't get a chance to name a team, but he was the first to reply to the last results, which were posted at midday yesterday.

These games were simmed about 11 hours later. Admittedly I've been behind schedule, but life has been consumed with intense video editing, voice-over recording, and some personal stress. Apologies. I'm trying to get things back on track as soon as possible.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Good stuff Colts! :) Great performance there to tie them down and then win. Jaso still on fire :D Comley bowling well too :)

Mr Mxyzptlk

Colts batsman in motorcycle accident

Arunava Das was involved in a near fatal motorcycle accident on the A23 earlier today. Eyewitnesses indicate that a man with gorgeous blonde hair smashed into the side of Das' bicycle whilst he was attempting to cross the highway.

Both eyewitnesses later identified the motorcyclist as Brett Lee. They then identified Das as "lame". Das will miss 11 game days with a fractured wrist.

Last edited:

cricketboy29

International Regular
Great win there Reds, Pace attack doing it for us, no offense to tharmi. DK is a gun. And our fearless leader really leading from the front :p

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Awesome win :D Shocking match from me, but some top batting from Thamba, Feeney, Stedders and Watt made up for it. Kennett.. ahh :-O

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
another good win. on a personal note i've gotta turn these starts into scores soon. I've had a few matches lately when I've started well but haven't gone on with it.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Gaaaah! Nathan the all-mighty container. Can`t by a wicket. At least I`ve got Burpey`s number. :D The OD game was very close, but the Black`s opening partnership and early strikes with the ball decided our fate. And the FC game was a shocker. Running between the wickets was dreadful, and then Trav, Adam and I were woeful. Absolutely not good enough.

Hopefully we can improve, I know I`ve still got a lot to do. Keep it up Blue. :)