• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Season X Discussion and Results

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
For some reason English speaking people can now longer actually speak or spell English.....
Rules of Grammar? What are they then?
and so on....

cricketboy29

International Regular
Matteh said:
For some reason English speaking people can now longer actually speak or spell English.....
Rules of Grammar? What are they then?
and so on....

Usually when you are lecturing about the general decline of standards in writing the English language. It would be better to not make a spelling faux pas yourself.

Last edited:

steds

Hall of Fame Member
cricketboy29 said:
Usually when your lecturing about the general decline of standards in writing the English language. It would be better to not make a spelling faux pas yourself.
You too. :p

Matteh

Mneh - i do that all the time
start off thinking i'm going to say one thing, and then end up changing it all around to something else and miss something.
Also when i'm tired i tend to substitute words with other words that sound half right...here/hair being an example 8-)

dinu23

International Debutant
unlucky blue, if we had got Jasotharan's wicket we certainly would've won.
and finally some runs for me.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Cricket Web Red vs Cricket Web Green
at the CWBCC Stadium

Under pressure on a rainy first day, the Reds rallied to take victory over Cricket Web Green by a margin of 85 runs. Garven inserted his opponents on a murky and wet opening day, and the Red batsmen struggled to cope with the moving ball.

Only Haakon Moerk looked proficient enough to score runs in the conditions, as he saw his team mates beaten and frustrated by the frequent rain interruptions. Instead of wilting under the pressure, he smacked 3 sixes and 10 fours in an unbeaten half-century.

Having dismissed CW Red for 144, the Greens were on a high, but after a good 50-run opening stand, they rarely found life any easier.

Andrew Garven was near to his finest in a battling hundred that was the difference between the two teams on first innings. CW Green reached 259 all out, taking a lead of 115 in what seemed poised to be a low-scoring affair.

Evidently the Reds had a different concept of the battle. They attacked the Green bowlers at the outset and Ian Markus' belligerent half-century typified the positive attitude on the way to 384. Once again Moerk was the man on top, and though he was dismissed short of his hundred, the innings proved extremely important.

CW Green set out to chase a target of 270 on a wearing pitch, and though they got to 73/1, they never looked settled in the attempt. Once again it was Garven's runs that salvaged the innings, but only to the extent of 184 all out at his dismissal.

Cricket Web Red 1st Innings 144 all out
Cricket Web Green 1st Innings 259 all out
Cricket Web Red 2nd Innings 384 all out
Cricket Web Green 2nd Innings 184 all out
Cricket Web Red won by 85 runs.

Man of the Match: H Moerk

Attachments

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Young slips hooking

Taking a page out of the Marc Robbins injury methods book, Pete Young went down with a slipped disc whilst playing a hook shot against Travis Demeza in the nets. Blue vice-captain, Sean Fuller commented on the incident, "It's all fun and games until someone attempts a hook shot off of Trav, slips a disc and collapses in a heap of pain."

Young will miss 11 matches.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
kears_falcon_9 said:
3 sixes to Hak. Well done mate :)

Nah that was some great batting there mate.
I just had to hit before people got out! :D

Must say, with four first-choice batsmen out that was kinda expected. Well done Fatty and Jamee, too, really made them work for their wickets, and exquisite bowling when we needed to stop them chasing.

Now to trounce Black. :)

andyc

Good batting in both innings from Garven, while Cunningham and Rose impressed with the ball. Just a pity we couldn't back them up.

Nice to see I got James, Ian and Rich out. And can anyone tell me how many times I've dismissed Feeney this season?

Edit: Huh.. only 3 out of 5 times over both forms. For some reason I'd thought it was more than that.

Last edited: