• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Season X Discussion and Results

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
should have won that match from the half way point, did take a great effort from Red to beat us, more consistancy is needed, particularly in the batting.

happy to find some batting form myself :)

this topped my match though

I. Markus ct & b Garven 70 67 6 1

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Bobisback

International Regular
Yay i scored more then 3 :D

Thanks for giving me the chance to play again, too bad i couldnt turn that 30 into a 50

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Always tough to lose a close on, esp. when I contributed zilch. :(

My form in the longer version is a cause for grave concern. A promotion might do the trick. Skipper?

Travis_Teh

International Regular
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Young slips hooking

Taking a page out of the Marc Robbins injury methods book, Pete Young went down with a slipped disc whilst playing a hook shot against Travis Demeza in the nets. Blue vice-captain, Sean Fuller commented on the incident, "It's all fun and games until someone attempts a hook shot off of Trav, slips a disc and collapses in a heap of pain."

Young will miss 11 matches.
****, always knew he had a dodgy back :(

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Cricket Web Red vs Cricket Web Black
at the Pickford Reserve

The Reds continued their resurgence in Pickford, beating the Blacks by a comprehensive margin of 76 runs. Ian Markus and James Stedman continued to press on in the Dev League record books, as they piled up another double century stand for the first wicket.

The Black were largely deflated by the time Markus was run out, and CW Red maximized for a total of 319/4.

Such a large ask is never easy, but when Rich Edmunds quickly dismissed Smith and Fitzsimmons, it meant the Blacks sought after the near impossible. Darren Dubb-Lynch and Chris Butler sought to restore a measure of pride to the bruised Black outfit, but could do little more than to narrow the defeat to less than 100 runs in margin.

Cricket Web Red 319/4 (50 overs)
Cricket Web Black 243 ao (44 overs)

Cricket Web Red won by 76 runs.
Man of the Match: I Markus

Cricket Web Blue vs Cricket Web Colts
at Goffmouth Park

Yet another brilliant clutch performance from Ben Wilshere sealed a classic last over win for CW Blue over the Colts. Wilshere only scored 11 runs, but hit a six off the second ball of the final over with 4 runs needed from the last 5 balls.

It was an excellent chase from the Blues all the way down, set up by the strokeplay of Andrew Cloete and Liam Camps at the top of the order. Brendon Goff signed his return from injury with a quick duck, but Dinu DeSilva rose to the occasion under pressure.

Hancock took crucial wickets for the Colts, but he and Comley struggled to contain the Blue batsmen after the excellent work of Wright and McKern. A total of 248 just wasn't enough for the home side to defend, though they fought to the very end.

Earlier the Colts chose to bat first on the friendly Goffmouth Park wicket. Camps bowled well at the start and then at the death, but Jasotharan's half-century was followed up by a couple of busy innings from Burke and Comley down the order.

On a rare occasion Nath Patrick failed at the end of the innings, but the disappointing middle order showing from the Colts told as much as needed in the final result.

Cricket Web Colts 247 ao (49.5 overs)
Cricket Web Blue 250/6 (49.2 overs)

Cricket Web Blue won by 4 wickets.
Man of the Match: LA Camps

Attachments

TIF

U19 Debutant
Bad loss for the Greens but am happy that I finally got to play in a FC match. Was disappointed with my effort that I didnt hit a 6:@ scoring slow 16 and 44 in the match.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
I'm sorry, aussie, but I don't know what you're getting at. Do you mind not beating around the bush, their.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
aussie said:
the fool knew what i meant all along, just being himself an absolute a*se
Why spend so much effort censoring yourself? The forum does it for you.
Less avoiding the filter please.