• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Season X Discussion and Results

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
I always forget to mention catches! Haha, it`s the first thing I check as well. I love taking them, I`ve taken heaps this season. Leading the way. :thumbsup: We seem quite a damn good fielding side, it`s nice to be rewarded off your bowling, a credit to you all.

Travis_Teh

International Regular
Nnanden said:
I always forget to mention catches! Haha, it`s the first thing I check as well. I love taking them, I`ve taken heaps this season. Leading the way. :thumbsup: We seem quite a damn good fielding side, it`s nice to be rewarded off your bowling, a credit to you all.
What you on about, willis? We drop catch upon catch in the FC game :P

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Cricket Web Red vs Cricket Web Green
at the CWBCC Stadium

The Greens bowled tremedously well to contain the mighty Red batting for just 235/7, but their batting in turn faltered in the chase, falling 19 runs short.

Xavier Rose injected life into the game early on, having Stedman caught at square leg and Feeney taken at second slip. Ian Markus was run out for the second consecutive time, and when Mamesh was caught behind off Rose, the Reds were struggling at 43/4.

Enter two batsmen entirely out of form with a chance for redemtpion. Kenny Dobson surpassed the expectations of a sub-10 OD season average, and batted well with former Green, Jamee Gray. The two put on 95 runs and forged a platform of sorts from the rubble.

Once more the Greens wrested the control. Gundry dismissed Dobson and then Nayak and at 150/6, it looked as though CW Red might fall short of 200. Gray was not done, however, and found a worthy partner in Tharmi Loganathan to elevate the total to a competitive level.

With the momentum then slightly on their side, the Reds proceeded to frustrate the Green top order with a fine exhibition of seam bowling in the early stages. The chase never seemed to be going anywhere and wickets fell regularly.

Ben Vaughan played a very good innings to take CW Green close, but the lack of support was telling in the end result on a day that even David Kennett got wickets.

Cricket Web Red 235/7 (50 overs)
Cricket Web Green 217/9 (50 overs)

Cricket Web Red won by 18 runs.
Man of the Match: JR Gray

Attachments

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
G'morning.

That's the kind of knock I like.

Great job Kenny, and a nice knock from Tharmi.

Then the bowlers produce a nice team effort

GO REDS!

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Played Reds! Especially Edmunds and Kennett - ups to Jamee for 79, too, but it looked a wee bit dangerous when Haddin was thumping runs near the end.

cricketboy29

International Regular
Samuel_Vimes said:
Played Reds! Especially Edmunds and Kennett - ups to Jamee for 79, too, but it looked a wee bit dangerous when Haddin was thumping runs near the end.
Ah I got him in the end didnt I, hehehe, (Haddin is BV Vaughan right?)

Anyway, great stuff Reds, We're really in the winning habit now :D

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Damn... good bowling from Xavier and Paddy there, while Garven kept it tight. The rest of us just didn't take enough wickets or were too expensive. No one hung around to support Vaughan, although pretty much all the batsmen made starts.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Well done Jamee and Kenny some brilliant batting there and some quailty bowling from the seamers to back them up.

I think there is a typo there, im not meant to be any good at one day cricket what happened. LOL i think with that innings i got more runs this season then Thamba, back to the Jets for you son. :laugh:

And to TIF, thats how you hit a six. :D

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Wow, tight win, some good batting from Jamee and Kenny, bowling was an allround good effort. Good to see Cameron getting spanked for 52 off his 10 for no wickets ;)

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
in a way not such a bad thing that I got run out cheaply and we were 4 for not many. It gave the guys down the order a chance to really have a "net" almost against a substandard/weak green bowling attack.