• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

How Would You Rank The Teams?

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
chris.hinton said:
The whats the point of tables but here it is anyway" Test Table

1) England
2) Australia
3) India
4) Pakistan
5) South Africa
6) Sri Lanka
7) New Zealand
8) West Indies
9) bangladesh
10) Zimbabwe

The " Why is it that Zimbabawe have done well in the last two world cups" ODI Table

1) South Africa
2) Australia
3) India
4) Pakistan
5) England
6) New Zealand
7) Sri Lanka
8) West Indies
9) Zimbabawe
10) Bangladesh
11) Kenya
12) Holland
13) Ireland
14) Scotland
15) Canada
16) Nepal
How the hell can new zealand be below srilanka in test cricket and below England in ODI's....do u actually follow cricket??????

TIF

U19 Debutant
I cant understand why everyone out here was getting after Amit2 just because he has said India as the No.1 team:wacko: I believe that having Amit2 here evened things out a bit after we had some people saying that India were No.5-6. However, we do have some New Zealanders out here who dont look beyond New Zealand and for them New Zealand is the No.1 team.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
TIF said:
I cant understand why everyone out here was getting after Amit2 just because he has said India as the No.1 team:wacko: I believe that having Amit2 here evened things out a bit after we had some people saying that India were No.5-6. However, we do have some New Zealanders out here who dont look beyond New Zealand and for them New Zealand is the No.1 team.
Nothing to do with that at all.

They were getting at him because he's a pig-ignorant bonehead who has been banned. The fact that he then creates another userid and comes out with the same nonsense doesn't exactly endear him to others.

Dick Rockett

International Vice-Captain
TIF said:
However, we do have some New Zealanders out here who dont look beyond New Zealand and for them New Zealand is the No.1 team.
Oh yeah, who's that then?

If there was, the rest of us kiwis would be the first to point and laugh.

jadeey

Cricket Spectator
TIF said:
However, we do have some New Zealanders out here who dont look beyond New Zealand and for them New Zealand is the No.1 team.
I'm amazed at the thought that any Kiwi would seriously believe we are the best in the world at cricket, we may wish we were but don't actually think we are. Maybe the odd delusional person thinks we're the best. Most of us are resigned to the fact that we're not.

Dick Rockett

marc71178 said:
Ming, I believe, and you kiwis generally are.
To borrow one of Richard's favourite words, nonsense.

I think you'll find that for the most part, we understand we're not the best, and are unlikely to ever be. We just get tired of the complete lack of respect our boys get from overseas. Can you blame us for defending them?

Pedro Delgado

International Debutant
jadeey said:
I'm amazed at the thought that any Kiwi would seriously believe we are the best in the world at cricket, we may wish we were but don't actually think we are. Maybe the odd delusional person thinks we're the best. Most of us are resigned to the fact that we're not.

At the Antarctica CC your're pretty unbeatable, although I'd venture to suggest Norway would give you a game.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
mundaneyogi said:
Ming does though, and you lot are usually among the first to tell him to shut up.

So how is what I said nonsense?

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Think you guys have crossed wires - when Marc said "and you guys usually are" I think he was in fact agreeing with the statement that the rest of the New Zealanders would laugh at anyone who declared them #1

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
GeraintIsMyHero said:
Think you guys have crossed wires - when Marc said "and you guys usually are" I think he was in fact agreeing with the statement that the rest of the New Zealanders would laugh at anyone who declared them #1
Correct ....Thats the way i read it, I don't think Marc meant any disrespect on this occasion

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
mundaneyogi said:

I think you'll find that for the most part, we understand we're not the best, and are unlikely to ever be. We just get tired of the complete lack of respect our boys get from overseas. Can you blame us for defending them?
Context - Marc was defending you lot by suggesting that most of you are realistic about the merits or otherwise of NZ cricket on the world stage.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
zinzan12 said:
Correct ....Thats the way i read it, I don't think Marc meant any disrespect on this occasion
He'd better not - or he'd have me to answer to.

Disrespecting Kiwis? That's my job.

Tomm NCCC

International 12th Man
The upside down table test

1 Zimbabwe
2 Bangladesh
3 West Indies
4 Sri lanka
5 South Africa
6 Pakistan
7 New Zealand
8 India
9 England
10 Aussies

The teams I like ODI Table

1 England
2 Bangladesh
3 Ireland
4 Scotland

5-16 not really all tha improtant to me

Pedro Delgado

International Debutant
In a Perfick World Table: Test

England, Ireland, New Zealand (too close to call)
Norway
Holland
Zimbabwe
West Indies
India
Sri Lanka
Bangladesh
Pakistan
South Africa
Australia

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Pedro Delgado said:
In a Perfick World Table: Test

England, Ireland, New Zealand (too close to call)
Norway
Holland
Zimbabwe
West Indies
India
Sri Lanka
Bangladesh
Pakistan
South Africa
Australia
Pah! We don't need your perfick world, anyway...

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
IMO current Test ranking- (the space between teams is a representation of the Gulf between Teams , which in ODIs is much closer -as by its nature in ODIs any team can beat any other[except possibly the Aussies] on a given day)

1 Australia

2 England

3 India
4 New Zealand/South Africa

6 Pakistan/Sri Lanka- not much between them.

8 West Indies

9 Bangladesh

10 Zim

ODIs

1 Australia
2 India/Pakistan
4 New Zealand
5 South Africa/Sri Lanka
7 West Indies/England

9 Bangladesh

10 Zim

Dick Rockett

marc71178 said:
Ming does though, and you lot are usually among the first to tell him to shut up.

So how is what I said nonsense?
Oops, incredibly sorry!

I totally misread what you were saying :wacko:

*slinks off to self-flagellate*