• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Season X Discussion and Results

steds

Hall of Fame Member
It's obviously our opposition being scared to death by our haka. Keep it up.

GO REDS!!!!!!!!

...I'll take 2/24 in the match, too. Nice touch for the old average.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Cricket Web Green vs Cricket Web Blue
at the PDV Dome

Rarely has there ever been such a swift reversal of form as was witnessed at the PDV Dome on this occasion. Cricket Web Blue, having failed to reached 200 in their last 3 innings, charged to an improbable 9-wicket win over the Greens.

Chasing a massive total of 333 for victory, Sean Fuller and Brendon Goff contributed hundreds in an epic unbroken stand of 235 for the second wicket. The Green bowlers toiled without success and got no further than the dismissal of Liam Camps, as he was caught at cover off Xavier Rose.

The game was poised for a comfortable Green win after the Blues collapsed for 154 in reply to 197 on first innings. The spine of the home side appeared to have disappeared entirely, and only Fuller (45) managed a score of sorts. Having been denied by the blade of Dhamaka Singh in the first innings, the Blues were further discouraged when they met the same opposition the second time around. The young man struck the ball fearlessly on his way to his second hundred of the match, forging partnerships with Ben Vaughan and Andrew Garven along the way.

A sharp burst from Travis Demeza halted the progress, but as Weber and Cameron pushed toward 288, it seemed they had done enough. Cricket is rarely ever so simple and this time was no different. It was an exercise in patience for the Blue batsmen. With a lot of time to chase the substantial total, Fuller and Camps were not hurried in their partnership of 98, and when Goff took his guard, he did so with a firm platform at his feet.

Cricket Web Green 1st Innings 197 all out
Cricket Web Blue 1st Innings 153 all out
Cricket Web Green 2nd Innings 288 all out
Cricket Web Blue 2nd Innings 333 for 1
Cricket Web Blue won by 9 wkts.

Man of the Match: SE Fuller

Cricket Web Colts vs Cricket Web Black
at the Pickford Reserve

From under the cloud of miserable batting form, Alex Blackman emerged a champion with 134 not out of CW Black's second innings total of 366. His contribution was central and broke a close game open for a commanding 207-run victory.

Neither team reached 200 and just 11 runs separated the teams on first innings. The nature of the Pickford surface meant that the Colts would have to make their move with the ball in the Black second innings, but despite the early wickets of Fitzsimmons and Chaulk, the task was incomplete.

Daniel Smith joined forces with Alex Blackman in a partnership of 127, then Blackman added a precious 88 with Harry Warwick down the line-up. Warwick fell short of his half-century, but he had not only denied the Colts a quick end to the innings, but he removed the sting and enthusiasm as well.

The momentum had now swung substantially, and the Blacks snared he wicket of Burke early on to make the challenge of 378 for victory take on beastly proportions. There was still hope though, in the form of Matt Pitt and Gary Nayak. Alas, taking up the accostumed mantle of dream-crusher, Neil Pickup tore through the middle order at a devastating clip. The innings collapsed from 92/1 to 170 all out.

Cricket Web Black 1st Innings 192 all out
Cricket Web Colts 1st Innings 181 all out
Cricket Web Black 2nd Innings 366 all out
Cricket Web Colts 2nd Innings 170 all out
Cricket Web Black won by 207 runs.

Man of the Match: AJ Blackman

Attachments

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
And we turn around for a comprehensive defeat :S. Still, Blacks seem to be the team to beat in all forms and they're playing very well. Congrats!

And Go Colts!

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Like it. Puts them pesky colts in their place. Great contribution from the three seamers - Warwick, WIlson and Hoy making up for a quiet game from Callum, some great application from the tail in the second dig (212-6 to 366 all out, loving the 43-run last stand - and then we finished it in style.

Great to catch Jasotharan as well, but particularly disappointed in the way the batsman refused to believe I'd legitimately claimed the catch, plucking it as I did two inches above the turf after a full length dive.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Well what can I say? Really thrilled to play like that after such a poor season. That's only the second time I've passed 50 in FC games, in 12 matches. Got great support from Liam first, and then Goff was just brilliant to bat with, and scored a brilliant hundred. Managed to avoid getting out to Tarick too.

That definitely keeps us in the running for a FC final berth if we have a good final quarter. Well played to Liam, Nath and Trav too, all putting in crucial performances.

TIF

U19 Debutant
Although I am happy:D with my own performances cracking 2 centuries in the last match and even hitting 3 6s, I am very disappointed with the teams performance though as we still happened to lose by 9 wickets defending 333:@

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
good convincing win blacks, very good bowling performances in both innings from Warrick, Hoy, Wilson & Skipper Neil.

thewizard1o1

International Debutant
Nice to bounce back with a good win after a few average performances. Blackman had a ripper game with the bat, an unbeaten ton in the second dig along with the top score in our first. Pickford wicket playing nicely to, seamers got all 10 first innings wickets while the spinners cleaned them up in the second...

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Ah come on Greens, let's get some wins back on the board. We had good performances from Singh and Rose, we just need to be able to back them up.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
What a win! Amazing chase, Sean and Goffy were sublime. Every bowled contributed again, and I`m delighted with my five for the match. Singh was great opposition with twin centuries, but not good enough. :D Sean and Goff stole the show though, and Liam certainly contributed with the 98 partnership for the first wicket.

Keep going Blues!

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
andyc said:
Ah come on Greens, let's get some wins back on the board. We had good performances from Singh and Rose, we just need to be able to back them up.
What about your batting mate? :D

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Well done boys! We're the team to beat in the longer form for sure. Well batted in both innings Blackster, with good support from the lower order, and well bowled to the boys down the bottom.

Lets bring home this title.

bryce

International Regular
TIF said:
Although I am happy:D with my own performances cracking 2 centuries in the last match and even hitting 3 6s, I am very disappointed with the teams performance though as we still happened to lose by 9 wickets defending 333:@
Yeah, in the Colts game it was the batting that let us down and against Blue it was more the bowlers(though without your twin tons who knows what could have happened).

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Our season continues like a yo-yo Colts. We really need to gain some consistency. There have been some wonderful individual performances in the last few weeks, but we really need to start putting it together as a team.

Heads up.