• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Season X Discussion and Results

Buddhmaster

International Captain
Uncharacteristic game from myself, and Blacks are looking really good in all areas. Great bowling by Hoy, Wilson, Pickup and solid stuff from everyone else

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Bad bad performances. Esp. from me. I gotta get some runs. I have had time at the crease but I am just not carrying on, esp. in the FC part.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
looks like the Blacks are in a pretty strong position heading for the end of the season, just need a big push to finish in style. Good to see Neil and Bhuddy hitting some great form.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Cricket Web Red vs Cricket Web Blue
at the PDV Dome

CW Blue halted the CW Red surge in unlikely fashion, as they recovered from 1/1 after two balls to post 338/5 in the first innings. Brendon Goff continued his sensational runscoring form alongside Andrew Cloete, and Alex Crampton rounded off the innings perfectly.

Watt got Camps caught at first slip first ball, but then proceeded to suffer alongside the other six bowlers he tried.

Chasing was always possible behind the strength of the Red top order, but after Stedman and Feeney did not fire, they were found wanting for lack of depth with Dauth out of the line-up. Jamee Gray and Gaurav Nayak were forced into recovery action from 146/5, but the demand of the run rate grew to monstrous and impossible proportions.

Cricket Web Blue 338/5 (50 overs)
Cricket Web Red 229 ao (48.2 overs)

Cricket Web Blue won by 109 runs.
Man of the Match: BJ Goff

Cricket Web Colts vs Cricket Web Green
at the CWBCC Stadium

Bharanidharan and Anthony Lezama were booed off their home ground when they were unbeaten whilst the Greens failed to chase 265 for victory, despite cruising in the late overs of the game.

At the 45-over mark, the equation read a simple 30 from 30 balls with 8 wickets in hand, but although the Greens lost just one more wicket, they struggled to score off the experienced Kyle Wright and his partner McKern.

Andrew Garven had played superbly for his century, but when the time came to ease the game home, he found the ball an elusive object until his top edge was found and then taken behind the stumps. So devastating was the collapse of momentum that Bharanidharan and Lezama were unfairly made to bear the brunt of its effect.

Earlier Nick Hancock and David Comley came to the rescue of a lost Colts batting line-up. The former scored a half-century and the two added 74 for the seventh wicket. Wright and McNamara then contributed well at the end.

Cricket Web Colts 264/9 (50 overs)
Cricket Web Green 252/3 (50 overs)

Cricket Web Colts won by 12 runs.
Man of the Match: AJ Garven

APRIL FOOL'S GREENS!!!!

...ok, I lied, you guys really did lose.

Attachments

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Argh, the bowlers were absolutely spanked, Ian was the only batsman who posted a good score though Thamba, Jamee and Gaurav also got starts.

Btw, Liam, I'm available for games right?

chooka_nick

International 12th Man
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Cricket Web Colts vs Cricket Web Green
at the CWBCC Stadium

Bharanidharan and Anthony Lezama were booed off their home ground when they were unbeaten whilst the Greens failed to chase 265 for victory, despite cruising in the late overs of the game.

At the 45-over mark, the equation read a simple 30 from 30 balls with 8 wickets in hand, but although the Greens lost just one more wicket, they struggled to score off the experienced Kyle Wright and his partner McKern.

Andrew Garven had played superbly for his century, but when the time came to ease the game home, he found the ball an elusive object until his top edge was found and then taken behind the stumps. So devastating was the collapse of momentum that Bharanidharan and Lezama were unfairly made to bear the brunt of its effect.

Earlier Nick Hancock and David Comley came to the rescue of a lost Colts batting line-up. The former scored a half-century and the two added 74 for the seventh wicket. Wright and McNamara then contributed well at the end.

Cricket Web Colts 264/9 (50 overs)
Cricket Web Green 252/3 (50 overs)

Cricket Web Colts won by 12 runs.
Man of the Match: AJ Garven

APRIL FOOL'S GREENS!!!!

...ok, I lied, you guys really did lose.
Wow, that may be my 'best' game ever! A half-century to help the team out of trouble, and 0/34 off ten to tie them down... I honestly couldn't be happier. Well done Colts! Let's try to end this season with some silverwear :)

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Nice team effort there. My first spell with the ball was woeful, but the second wasn't too bad. Wickets have dried up though.

Goff and Cloete were brilliant with the bat, and you're not going to lose much with partnerships worth almost 300 in one day games. Halsey was the dominant force with the ball, as always took plenty of wickets in the middle overs. Collins and Patrick chipped in nicely as well.

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
terrible boys, no excuse from me but with wickets in hand and the skipper hitting a tonne we should have chased that total down easy....

BlackCap_Fan

State Vice-Captain
Brilliant stuff Blues, coming from 1/1 to 338, despite mine and de silva's failure.

Phenomenal stuff from Goff and Cloete.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Nice couple of wins Blue, still within range of making the finals in both competitions if we finish well. :)