• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Season X Discussion and Results

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Unlucky Green, probably should have pushed the scoring rate a little harder earlier. Great bowling from Rose and Gundry put into a great position which unfortunatley we couldn't capatalise on.

On a personal note i am absolutley stoked with my first OD Hundred, after well over a hundred games i am stoked to finally get one on the board.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
age_master said:
Unlucky Green, probably should have pushed the scoring rate a little harder earlier. Great bowling from Rose and Gundry put into a great position which unfortunatley we couldn't capatalise on.

On a personal note i am absolutley stoked with my first OD Hundred, after well over a hundred games i am stoked to finally get one on the board.
Another tough loss. We are improving but we are not finishing off games from winning positions, a bit like England... At least, I did try hard. We left it a little too late for the charge.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Good stuff Blue. We seem to do much better when I dont play! My general crappiness seems to rub off on the rest of the team when I'm there.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
:(

Very unlucky there Greens. Some good bowling from Rose, Gundry and Garven, and a whole load of rubbish from myself. A big congratulations to Garven for his maiden OD century as well, and well played to Scott for his 76. Just a pity we didn't make it there in the end, boys.

Mister Wright

Wonderful win there Colts. Despite the lack of wickets taken we were able to keep the runs down which won us the game in the end. Would have liked another 15-20 with the bat, early partnerships would have helped that, but a good contribution from the lower order. Need to keep this momentum going...

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Goff and Andy! Beautiful! 285-run partnership is huge, well done to you guys. Brendan in particular was incredible. Didn`t really give us bowlers much work, but I`m amazed to see I took for. :D Some LBWs are always good as well. :) Halsey was just fantastic.

Keep on rolling!

TIF

U19 Debutant
Bad loss for the Greens:@ Disappointing to lose despite having so many wickets in hand. Should have upped the scoring rate.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Cricket Web Colts vs Cricket Web Black
at the Pickford Reserve

It was a team effort by the Blacks that won out, showing why they're the team to beat this season. Contributions right down the lineup sculpted a total of 299/7, and the target of 300 proved too much for the Colts to achieve.

Daniel Towns and Matt Pitt gave a strong platform for the chase, but when both were out within the space of a few balls, the innings lost a significant portion of momentum. Bharat and Burke did their best to show some guts and force toward the end, but the job done by Neil Pickup in the middle overs was the difference.

Cricket Web Black 299/7 (50 overs)
Cricket Web Colts 275/6 (50 overs)

Cricket Web Green vs Cricket Web Blue
at the PDV Dome

The Greens tried their best to overcome the batting of CW Blue, but a responsible and classy innings from Sean Fuller saw his team through in the end. Though the Green bowlers fought back from being battered for 98 runs within 14 overs, Fuller helped ensure that the target of 258 was always in reach.

Camps and Patrick started the game well for the Blues, dismissing the dangerous Green top order. Nick Scott and Ben Vaughan recovered well, then Dhamaka Singh smashed a quickfire 37, and the total was elevated to 257/9.

The Blue chase was off to a flying commencement, and Cloete and Camps raised a century stand in quick time. When Gundry had the former lbw and then worked with Lezama to get Goff stumped cheaply, it seemed the Greens were right back in the game. A mature stand between DeSilva and Fuller took things decisively the way of Blue, however.

Cricket Web Green 257/9 (50 overs)
Cricket Web Blue 260/4 (45.2 overs)

Cricket Web Blue won by 6 wickets.
Man of the Match: LA Camps

Attachments

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Chaulk out for season

CW Black wicketkeeper-batsman, Ash Chaulk will miss the remainder of the season with a damaged Achilles tendon. Reports are uncertain right now, but it is hoped that he will be fit in time for the World Cup.

TIF

U19 Debutant
Another disappointing loss for the Greens, but however was a bit happy with my own performance though hitting 2 6s in a quick 37.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Another good win. Blue are in a very good position to push for a place in the OD finals now, and I think we've got the team to win it, without question.

Happy to get a chance to play a proper innings, also. Always nice to be not out in a successful chase.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Blacks carrying on their charge, all the batters contributing and Neil tying them down royally.

Big loss with the Chalkmeister out for the season though, its a blummin good job we've got an excellent back up in the Dubster

The Baconator

International Vice-Captain
Nice pair of wins for the Blues there amazing partership in the first one, and a couple of cushy not outs for myself, to give the ol' average a boost.

andyc

Argh come on Greens, let's snap out of this losing streak. We had Scott and Vaughan set us a defendable total, but then the bowlers (Paddy aside) failed to do anything at all.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
early wickets lost put us on the back foot there, saved by Vaughan and Scott to give us a competitive total but bowling wasn't tight enough to build the pressure on Blue :(

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Barney Rubble said:
Neil got me out again?!? :@ Well at least it was a stumping - nice to see me playing me natural game. :cool:

Shame we didn't win. :(
Shame you scored so slowly the RRR had got up to nine, really...