• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in India

pug

U19 Vice-Captain
I think it has reached a point now for Sehwag to be dropped, at least until he regains some form. This can't go on forever. :dry:

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
silentstriker said:
You were right, Pathan in.

And didn't I say Sehwag should be dropped?
Well, there you go, Dravid's(or Chappell's) move was so predictable and I wouldn't be surprised if the next man is Dhoni (that is if Irfan goes else Kaif).

And yes this is the time Sehwag hands over his vice captaincy to Ajit Agarkar and drop himself from the team. 3 50s in last 31 games is really poor.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Sanz said:
Well, there you go, Dravid's(or Chappell's) move was so predictable and I wouldn't be surprised if the next man is Dhoni (that is if Irfan goes else Kaif).

And yes this is the time Sehwag hands over his vice captaincy to Ajit Agarkar and drop himself from the team. 3 50s in last 31 games is really poor.

Maybe India should go in with six bowlers. :laugh:

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
aussie said:
this is top, 2 manchester boys opening the bowling for England:cool:
Since when has James Anderson been from Manchester? Mahmood is tenous as well, it may be part of Gr Manchester but most people wouldn't consider Bolton part of Manchester.

Anyway, good start by India, looks a low scoring pitch.

pug

U19 Vice-Captain
Sanz said:

Somehow I think it will be either Kaif (Dravid) or Yuvraj (Pathan). I don't reckon Dhoni will be sent before them.

Yup, Sehwag should step down from vc and though Agarkar's perpetual presence in the side does give enough reason for him to be the next logical choice, I would prefer Yuvraj.

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
Geez Sehwag always doing this stuff.. so anyone how come we are going into this match with 5 bowlers than the usual 4..
gambhir seems to miss out again..

adharcric

International Coach
Kaif would be the obvious choice for vice-captaincy, but if India go with 5 bowlers there's a chance Raina will be preferred at times, so Kaif can't do the job. Pathan? Harbhajan? Dhoni?:laugh:

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
alternative said:
Geez Sehwag always doing this stuff.. so anyone how come we are going into this match with 5 bowlers than the usual 4..
gambhir seems to miss out again..

We are going in with 5 bowlers, 5 batsman. Sehwag counts as neither. And in the field, we are going as 9, as sehwag counts as -1.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
adharcric said:
Kaif would be the obvious choice for vice-captaincy, but if India go with 5 bowlers there's a chance Raina will be preferred at times, so Kaif can't do the job. Pathan? Harbhajan? Dhoni?:laugh:

If Dhoni is made the VC, I will go hang myself.

adharcric

International Coach
Now the selectors have a dilemma .. which underachieving, start-wasting Delhi opener to drop, Sehwag or Gambhir? They just might avoid the dilemma and keep them both and bring in a third Delhi opener in Dhawan.

pug

U19 Vice-Captain
adharcric said:
Why not Yuvraj?

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
silentstriker said:
We are going in with 5 bowlers, 5 batsman. Sehwag counts as neither. And in the field, we are going as 9, as sehwag counts as -1.

give him a break dude.. U saying stuff about him non-stop wont do anyone any good.. But for one Sehwag should just give his vc away to Harbajan..

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
alternative said:
give him a break dude.. U saying stuff about him non-stop wont do anyone any good.. But for one Sehwag should just give his vc away to Harbajan..

Him being in the team doesn't do anyone any good either.