• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Australia in Bangladesh

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
They probably will. But still, I was expecting Aussies to destroy the Bangas, by an innings, this time round I think Australia will win more comfortably than the 1st match, but I can't help but not write Bangladesh off.

Trigger_Tiger

U19 Captain

GeraintIsMyHero said:
They probably will. But still, I was expecting Aussies to destroy the Bangas, by an innings, this time round I think Australia will win more comfortably than the 1st match, but I can't help but not write Bangladesh off.

~~~~~!!!!!YepS!!!!!~~~~~

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
andyc said:
I hope I'm not tempting fate here, but I think Australia will take the next one very comfortably.
i think so too....but bangladesh sure surprised me there....i think any other team in that position would have lost....that's ricky's second exceptional skipper's knock....the guy is in such grand form right now.....

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Well done, Bangladesh, a truly historic match in their history, I think.

I'm sure things will now carry on, on an upward curve.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
FaaipDeOiad said:
Have you actually read this thread? Pretty much every single Australian fan has been giving Bangladesh huge amounts of credit from the first day on. "Australia are worn out and should have had more than four days off between test series" and "Bangladesh have played better than anyone imagined they could, and deserve credit for being such tough competition" are not contradictory statements.
Yes, funnily enough I have read this thread and there are certain members who refused to accept that the Bangladeshi's had done anything well.

A case in point is indeed Martyn and the comment that the spinners weren't good enough to exploit his weaknesses when they'd already got him out once, then when it happened a second time it was Martyn blamed, not the bowler creditted.

As for it being "pretty much every single Australian fan" - I can easily show many of them who haven't given any credit whatsoever.

lurchn

Cricket Spectator
m. clark must be worried about his spot. he said he had tighted up on his technique (after he said i don't know what steve waugh is talking about tighting up) but he looked rather "care free" in his shot selection.

Ovie

Cricket Spectator
Damn! I knew it would happen. I was amazed at the excellent start we made, but I told everyone...that we'll make an incredibly low score second innings. And it happened.

Consistency man...that's what we need.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
From the Daily Telegraph

Ponting again argued with Dar during Lee's innings when Rafique bowed a wild ball out the back of his hand that landed at mid-wicket. Lee stepped out to belt it but Dar called dead ball, much to the Australia's annoyance.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
alternative said:
Did Bashar have anything to say about his silly runout??
Just this:
"The way I was run out in the second innings was the most pathetic episode of my whole career. There is no excuse to the way I got out. It gave us a lesson that one mistake can snatch all your initiatives away when playing against a team like Australia."

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Loony BoB said:
Oh, they would just have some kind of computer system that shows two bars, one showing pressure on the pad and one showing bail-wicket contact. If it's a bowled decision there isn't a problem, they'd just have to look at one bar to watch it break. For run outs, they'd look at both. The only trouble I can think of would be if a fielder was standing on the pad during a runout which would of course happen on many occasions. A solution would be to design special bats that have a chip inside them or something. :p But I honestly wouldn't be surprised if this will happen in the next 50 years. They're already designing footballs that have chips inside them that work with goalposts and they've been successfully tested. The only real problem is the cost of implementing such technology. It won't be anytime soon, that's for sure. Give it those 50 years, though, and all sorts of technology will come in to play to make almost everything pretty much undebatable.
It's one thing designing a bat with chips inside for normal people - it's quite another thing designing one with a dozen steak and kidney pies, six pounds of mushrooms and an acre of broccoli inside for Inzy.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
If Bangladesh get a similar surface to this one, and they win the toss and bat again, I think the next test could be a tough one as well. Obviously I would expect Australia to win, but if Bangladesh can get a decent score on the board first up and the pitch is slow and scoring is tough after the first couple of days again, it's always hard to come back into the game. If the pitch is a bit more consistent with its bounce I think it will help Australia significantly, though.

Haddin

U19 Debutant
That was so funny. I was watching that and nearly fell of my chair!! I think the commentators were stunned too. I heard them laughing.