• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand in South Africa

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
DeVilliers in the middle order coming in at 6, very interesting.

If NZ can scalp one more, particularly Kallis, they'll be on top and in a very good position.

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
Jono said:
DeVilliers in the middle order coming in at 6, very interesting.

If NZ can scalp one more, particularly Kallis, they'll be on top and in a very good position.

Seems like all da kiwi's Wish has been granted..
Franklin takes kallis.. Now enters Boucher..

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
He's mixing deliveries which can be described as average at best with some absolutely unplayable stuff.

Unfortunately for us, more of the former than the latter.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Don't get carried away though boys, because as we've been assured not 3 weeks ago:

Richard said:
Yes, we would - because whether you like it or not SA are infinately stronger than both NZ and WI.

Retox

State Vice-Captain
Mills is improving so much that is NZ wanna play the 3rd Seamer. Drop Martin

I would rather them go with Bond,Franklin/Mills,Oram,Vettori though

Martin dropping out for How,Vincent or Papps so atleast we have one person who can open, Open.

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
geeez Martin picks up Boucher, a big wicket at the end of the day..
Fleming i think takes a good catch..

_Ed_

Rudolph was dropped to let Smith back in, and Nel must surely have an injury or something to be replaced by Steyn.

_Ed_

Samuel_Vimes said:
Yeah, just odd that they didn't drop Dippenaar. Still, neither are that impressive, I suppose.
That's true. I think it was de Villiers that came into the squad to replace Smith for the last match actually, and he's slid down the order.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Batting at Centurion at the end of summer was always going to be a difficult task for the South Africans but some of the shot selection today was awful. Credit to New Zealand though thought most of the bowlers bowled well though they had a tendency to be too short and not make the batsman play enough. Interesting last half hour of the today’s play and if Nicky Boje could take the total to anywhere near 300, I think that should be a challenging and competitive total.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
_Ed_ said:
That's true. I think it was de Villiers that came into the squad to replace Smith for the last match actually, and he's slid down the order.
No AB played in all the game's against Australia (opening in every game), Dippenaar was Smith's replacement for the third test match at Johannesburg.

Blaze

Banned
Without Bond that is about as good as it gets. Sure the first session was poor but the other two were great stuff.

I agree with what someone else said earlier in the thread - Mills continues to improve.

His career so far-

Makes his ODI debut, no one rates him ------------> Starts to perfom well in ODI's, still not many people rate him -----------> Makes Test debut, no one rates him ------------> Has a great 2005 in ODI's, cements his place in the side, everyone accepts him but he is still not a Test option -------------> Takes his chances in the Tests he is given through injury to Shane Bond (10 wickets at 12.5).

Bracewell cops a lot of flack but you have to give him some credit for sticking with MIlls and developing him.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Blaze said:
I agree with what someone else said earlier in the thread - Mills continues to improve.

Bracewell cops a lot of flack but you have to give him some credit for sticking with MIlls and developing him.
Before reading this please be assured I am not trying to flame and would appreciate an honest answer.

After watching todays play (I don't get the opportunity to watch NZ too often) I seemed to notice that Mills throws a couple of balls. I will watch much closer tomorrow, but (I have only seen it once) the ball that got Pollock looked dubious.

Has this issue been mentioned before?

Anyway, highlights are on in 10 mins and Ill edit the post if things look different on second viewing.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Goughy said:
Before reading this please be assured I am not trying to flame and would appreciate an honest answer.

After watching todays play (I don't get the opportunity to watch NZ too often) I seemed to notice that Mills throws a couple of balls. I will watch much closer tomorrow, but (I have only seen it once) the ball that got Pollock looked dubious.

Has this issue been mentioned before?

Anyway, highlights are on in 10 mins and Ill edit the post if things look different on second viewing.
Flamer!!!

No, his action does look decidedly dodgy at times. However, it was worse a few years back and he's tidied it up a bit. I still squirm a little in my seat when he puts in an effort ball though...

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Goughy said:
After watching the highlights

The Mills Dismissals
Gibbs- After watching slo-mo, dubious action
Dippenaar- No problems
Prince- No problems
Pollock- After slo-mo, dubious action