• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Domestic Season 2006

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Kent 124-9 now, 88 ahead, Jones not out 60, Mahmood 4-24

Should be able to chase this down, but we know how close we came to losing it against Derbyshire last year

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
superkingdave said:
make that 124 all out, 4 for Keedy aswell, 89 to win
was at OT for a little while, Jones innings should secure a test spot but good going from Lancashire again, things looking good at the start of the season.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
aussie said:
Jones innings should secure a test spot
Newsflash: he doesn't need to secure his spot. The likelihood of Fletcher dropping him at this moment of time is about the same as Jacques Chirac captaining Australia to the 2007 World Cup.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
steds said:
Newsflash: he doesn't need to secure his spot. The likelihood of Fletcher dropping him at this moment of time is about the same as Jacques Chirac captaining Australia to the 2007 World Cup.
Chirac? i've heard they claim to cricket in a part of France, maybe he learned it there?

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
i'm pretty sure he's probably missapropriated (for missapropriated read stolen) some EU funds at some point, so yes yes he is.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
steds said:
Well its not if i ever suggested that Jones was in `serious` trouble to be dropped, i am aware that the likelyhood of him being dropped so suddenly is not the way Flecther of England of the past two years operates. But one could not have ruled out the chance of his position being challenged by Read for the test series(since his batting form of late has been good for the A-team & his county) if he had a bad run with the bat at the start of the county season currently since Jones wasn't that superb with the bat in India up until a the last few ODI's although his keeping in the test series was pretty good especially in the Mumbai test.

Overall its a important year for both, if Jones doesn't have good test series vs SRI & PAK with both bat & gloves & Read has good season with the bat. Jones could lose his place by the time the Ashes starts.

Anna

International Vice-Captain
wpdavid said:
I can't believe how easily Glouc folded - an innings and 297. :-O
Well they are Gloucs :D Anyway, that's a bit of good news from Somerset's disaster of a day :D

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
steds said:
He'd have batted at Edgbaston.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
The Bears should make it 2 wins and 1 draw from a tricky opening 3 games.

When we get Vettori in the side as well, could be the dark horses...

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
hardly dark horses marc, they've been amongst the title challengers in most predictions i've seen, and personally they were my tip for the title before the season started (have money on it)

Lancashire could be dark horses, considering most predictions had them to go down.