• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand in South Africa

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Blakey said:
How gorneeeee

Fantastic idea this playing cricket so late in the season. Brill.

Its obviously a conspiracy by the ICC to deflect criticism about the game becoming too batter friendly :dry:

thedarkmullet

School Boy/Girl Captain
straw man said:
Its obviously a conspiracy by the ICC to deflect criticism about the game becoming too batter friendly :dry:
If they really want to produce even contests its about time they got rid of that rule about not being able to play in the driving rain. Its about time we saw some mud in the game:p

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
thedarkmullet said:
If they really want to produce even contests its about time they got rid of that rule about not being able to play in the driving rain. Its about time we saw some mud in the game:p
yes. and bring back motorcycle helmets too.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Hmm...I hope How stands up in his next test (if he plays). Getting a little worrying, there.

Have to give credit where credits due - good bowling from Martin. Now we can expect another spell like that from him around 2008...

thedarkmullet

School Boy/Girl Captain
NZTailender said:
Have to give credit where credits due - good bowling from Martin. Now we can expect another spell like that from him around 2008...
Yep, just when he starts to feel a bit of selction pressure again.

Loony BoB

International Captain
straw man said:
I still think they should set it up so that the visiting side always gets to choose if they bat or bowl. I think the curators would then do everything they can to make sure the pitches are both as fair as possible and of good quality regardless of the time of the year, not to mention a country would be far more reluctant to play a test series at this stage of the year.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
40/2 at lunch. NZ would take that session any day of the week. They are right back in the test.

Although 2 down and still 27 behind, we all know New Zealands strength is the middle and lower order - Martin aside. SA still have the advantage, but NZ are just one good partnership away from gaining an edge themselves.

Man, that Steyn is some prospect. Richard Hadlee would have been chuffed to bowl that spell this morning. So much depends whether he can still fine that swing as the ball gets older.

Crucial session to come

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Loony BoB said:
I still think they should set it up so that the visiting side always gets to choose if they bat or bowl. I think the curators would then do everything they can to make sure the pitches are both as fair as possible and of good quality regardless of the time of the year, not to mention a country would be far more reluctant to play a test series at this stage of the year.
That would definitely help make things fairer and would reduce the number of matches where the toss has too large an effect. However it might get a bit boring as teams are likely to choose to bat first whever there is a semi decent pitch (the Steve Waugh philosophy). So you could end up with whole series of the visitor batting first.

thedarkmullet

School Boy/Girl Captain
straw man said:
Flems had his regulation bad umpiring decision for the match, so at least he has a chance.
He gets a few doesnt he, like that shocker in the first match.

Very apropriate avatar Straw Man:)

shaka

International Regular
Martin got a fiver, looked his best of the series. obviously due to a helpful pitch. he has now had 8 tests v SA, nearest competition is 6 tests but not sure who. his tally and average v Sa is very good..

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
thedarkmullet said:
Nows the time when we make optimistic predictions for the NZ innings only to have it come crashing down.:p
:wacko:

I wasn't posting for the exact reason that I didn't want to give them the kiss of death. Oh well... how bout... McCullum for 100.