• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Domestic Season 2006

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Pothas said:
Pathetic Hampshire
About time Durham won one again, if they could finish off sides they'll be a real threat next season.

Of course there's a reasonable chance Mustard might be getting near the w/keeper spot in the England side before too long - which would stuff Durham up a bit.

Last edited:

Autobahn

State 12th Man
Scaly piscine said:
About time Durham won one again, if they could finish off sides they'll be a real threat next season.

Of course there's a reasonable chance Mustard might be getting near the w/keeper spot in the England side before too long - which would stuff Durham up a bit.
Probably not Mustard, if GoJo is dropped it will be either Read, Foster or Prior.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
I must say Gillespie bowling for in the county championship hasn't been as i expected, hopefully he can improve as the season goes along.

brockley

International Captain
Middlesex batting really sux,peter darwen scored a century for middlesex 2nd xl and is in really top form,time for middlsex to call up darwen if needs be drop louw:cool: .

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
aussie said:
I must say Gillespie bowling for in the county championship hasn't been as i expected, hopefully he can improve as the season goes along.
It's been pretty much as I expected to be honest - sad to say, but I think for some reason he's lost something in his bowling.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
brockley said:
Middlesex batting really sux,peter darwen scored a century for middlesex 2nd xl and is in really top form,time for middlsex to call up darwen if needs be drop louw:cool: .
Louw = bowler.
Darwen = batsman.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
marc71178 said:
It's been pretty much as I expected to be honest - sad to say, but I think for some reason he's lost something in his bowling.
The Yorkshire chief executive Stewart Regan has not been impressed with Jason Gillespie as well. Signalling him out for failing to make an impression with the club so far this season and subsequently contributing to Yorkshire's awful run of form.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/cricket/counties/yorkshire/5107442.stm

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
marc71178 said:
He averaged 20 odd in the last Pura Cup season.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Warwickshire's squad for the Lancs game on saturday.

Neil Carter
Mark Wagh
Navdeep Poonia
Jonathan Trott
Luke Parker
Michael Powell
Tony Frost
Heath Streak
Nick James
Jimmy Anyon
Lee Daggett
Moeen Ali
Ian Westwood

Glad that Knight isn't playing but dissapointed they haven't rested Trott, Streak and Frost. Pretty worried actually tbh, i won't be putting any money on Lancashire to get to the final that's for sure, this is effectively a semi and we always lose to Warks in semi's

I'd imagine our squad will be something like

Chilton, Loye, Law, Astle, Cross, Cork, Hogg, Smith, Marshall, Keedy, Newby, Croft, Horton.

That's if sutton doens't recover from the injury which meant Cross had to keep today (nice of Middx to let him). Batting is woefully short unless we play Horton which might not be a bad idea.

In the championship, unfortunately yorkshi*e have succombed by an innings to put Sussex top, but hopefully we can knock off the 77 more runs we need to win tomorrow to take top spot back.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Can't rest a keeper if there's no cover Dave!

That side will be easily beaten I would say, fielding 1 decent OD batsman isn't that wise IMO.

brockley

International Captain
I would say replace morgan,compton or hutton with darwen,yes darwen is a genuine allrounder,batsmen off spinner,he could be a useful replacement for dalrymple.
As to louw they should cut their losses and just cut him completely.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
brockley said:
I would say replace morgan,compton or hutton with darwen,yes darwen is a genuine allrounder,batsmen off spinner,he could be a useful replacement for dalrymple.
As to louw they should cut their losses and just cut him completely.
erm, isn't he an Aussie? (he played for Aus U19's as recently as last year - perhaps Jack can fill us in?)