• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in West Indies

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
In any case, its a good start for India. A couple of missed chances by the West Indies, including one that absolutely should have been caught (the other one had a lot of zip behind it, so it wasn't easy).

If India can get to 200-250 at tea, without losing more than two wickets.....watch out.

Still, I think this game will be a draw as all it will take are two or even one quick wicket for India to pull back the run rate. But at least the game is on, and there should be plenty of excitement!

Rajeev

U19 12th Man
See the thing is, Sehwag with Jaffer has the chase in mind. But as we all know, once he departs then we will look to draw the game now why can't we still go for the chase

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
And Sehwag's gone without scoring in the second session. Let's see what happens now....Laxman comes in. He can score at a good rate.

By the way, that was a good LBW decision...finally :).

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
5th day wickets like this shouldn't exist, period.

The WACA and Sydney tests on the 5th day were ridiculously flat during SA's latest tour to Aus, and the 5th day wicket in this test is just a joke.

Making runs in the 2nd innings is becoming less and less as an accurate indicator to the quality of a batsman nowadays, if it was one anyway.

maxpower

U19 Cricketer
Rajeev said:
See the thing is, Sehwag with Jaffer has the chase in mind. But as we all know, once he departs then we will look to draw the game now why can't we still go for the chase
because dravid believes in providing quality nap times for his spectators :laugh:

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
maxpower said:
because dravid believes in providing quality nap times for his spectators :laugh:

There are plenty of people you can make fun of in the indian line up, but Dravid isn't one of them :). Its not his natural style, but he has the ability to bat at a good S/R (75+), if the situation demands it. He is the second best batsman in the world right now (after Ponting), and he has made runs against everyone, unlike most people who at least have a weakness against at least one country. I rate Ponting higher only because he scores faster but also has basically the same average as Dravid (slightly higher, I think). But its important to remember that Ponting plays on a much much much better team.

Last edited:

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Jono said:
Can the Lax-Man ton up in both innings?

Laxman angers me like few other Indians. He has this annoying habit of doing so bad that you write him off, and just as his career is on the line he produces an innings of such sublime beauty that you feel like its the second coming of Christ.

It's really odd. I don't know what to think about him. :@

A good compromise: I think he should be dropped from all tests, except when the test is the one that decides a series, or whenever we play Australia. ;) And the selectors should keep telling him that he's out forever if he fails this time.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
silentstriker said:
Laxman angers me like few other Indians. He has this annoying habit of doing so bad that you write him off, and just as his career is on the line he produces an innings of such sublime beauty that you feel like its the second coming of Christ.

It's really odd. I don't know what to think about him. :@

A good compromise: I think he should be dropped from all tests, except when the test is the one that decides a series, or whenever we play Australia. ;) And the selectors should keep telling him that he's out forever if he fails this time.
That's nonsense. Laxman is one player who is never gauranteed a place no matter how well he plays and I am talking about Tests. Yuvraj has failed in this series, but no one has said a word abouyt it, Otoh Lax's place was already being questioned.

viktor

State Vice-Captain
they need to pick the singles if they really are going to try for the win. That should put some pressure on WI as the required is about 6~ RPO

adharcric

International Coach
Even a RRR of 7 is fine if Dhoni is out there, remember Yuvi & Dhoni versus Pakistan when the RRR was over 8?

As I speak, the RRR climbs above 7 ... come on guys