• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cheats XI

Autobahn

State 12th Man
Xuhaib said:
10.P.Lever (Ball tampering)

Are you sure you don't mean John Lever? I can't remember Peter being accused of ball tampering and John Lever did have a run in during an indian tour.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Autobahn said:
Are you sure you don't mean John Lever? I can't remember Peter being accused of ball tampering and John Lever did have a run in during an indian tour.
Yeah sorry J.Lever

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
GeraintIsMyHero said:
Cristiano??
Who? If you are talking about a certain slim-hipped, mincing ,soon to be ex-Man U footballer from the Iberian Peninsular then I must say that he is blocked from my mind.

Also, in all fairness, he does not compare to Maradona and even he did not have the audacity of Rosi Ruiz :) .

Autobahn

State 12th Man
Xuhaib said:
Yeah sorry J.Lever
Well you can't really label him a cheat, he only took advantage of a rouge ball which swung more than the normal balls, the Indians accused him of using vaseline but which wasn't proven.

though can someone tell me what the gauze strip on his head had to do with it?

Last edited:

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Goughy said:
You should only ever try and prove positives in any form on endevour.

I cannot prove that the tooth fairy doesnt exist or the Loch Ness monster isnt real or that we are not all descended from alien DNA. Just because I cant disprove those claims wrong does not make them correct.

DING DING DING! Thats my whole point. People are adding people onto the list if they've been accused, not if they've been proven to have cheated. I'm just pointing out how unfair that is.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Goughy said:
Cheats XI

Well someone had to do it.

1 Kenneth Lay (Enron enough said)
2 Amarillo Slim (Poker and gambling set-ups)
3 Stella Walsh (1932 won Olympic Womans 100m for Poland and upon death was found out to be a man)
4 Tanya Harding (Well if having someone attempt to break your main competitors legs isnt cheating I don't know what is)
5 Rosi Ruiz (Got a lift for 25 miles of 1980 Boston Marathon)
6 Diego Maradona (Hand of God) CAPT Wkt
7 Robert Mugabe (Election fraud and voter intimidation) ROS
8 David Beckham (Infidelity) RAM
9 Ben Johnson (Performance Enhancing Drugs) RAF
10 Boris Onishchenko (Button in handle of his fencing sword that closed the sensor circuit and registered a hit) RLS
11 Andrew Golota (Repeatedly hit other boxers below the belt) RAF

There you all go, a list without Waqar, Pringle, Warne or Murali. End of controversy :)
Team manager: Don King?

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Autobahn said:
the Indians accused him of using vaseline but which wasn't proven.
Change Indians for English and using vaseline for ball tampering, and that sounds a lot like 1992.... except Xuhaib thinks there's no way Wasim or Waqar should have been on the list. Yet it's good enough to get Lever on there...

Hmmm....

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
silentstriker said:
DING DING DING! Thats my whole point. People are adding people onto the list if they've been accused, not if they've been proven to have cheated. I'm just pointing out how unfair that is.
Yes, but virtually all of the players mentioned here have been at one stage or another been proven to have cheated. There are few accusations being thrown without at least being backed with an instance of provable cheating.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Voltman said:
Well, if Sanz said it, it must be true.
Voltman - Read carefully, I didn't actually say it, Waqar Said it. I was just being the wise messenger spreading the words of wisdom. :p

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Xuhaib said:
Ans a) I consider ball tampering cheating.

Ans b) Waqar was caught on camera like Sachin and Dravid so yes he did tamper with the ball. Its not that i am not accepting he was never caught its just that i am a bit irritated that people over hear are belittling(sp?) his performances though i must admit Goughy has said that he enjoyed watching Waqar but few others are coming up with stupid comments like " Smith and Pringle said he cheated so he must have cheated ",c'mon atleast come up with better explination to back up your comments.
A Simple Yes/No would have been suffice but you bringing up Sachin/Dravid either to justify it or to somehow prove it if they are guilty, then yes he is as well. To answer that yes Sachin/Dravid are guilty of Ball Tampering and hence they cheated. Whole world knows that Waqar/Wasim/Imran/Shoaib tampered with the ball and we dont really need a Chris Pringle to say that.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Voltman said:
Change Indians for English and using vaseline for ball tampering, and that sounds a lot like 1992.... except Xuhaib thinks there's no way Wasim or Waqar should have been on the list. Yet it's good enough to get Lever on there...

Hmmm....
I have already explained that why Waqar was not in my team (remember it was a team not list, list mentions all the names a team does not).

In none of my posts did i say that Waqar never tampered i just said that labelling all his achievments a result of ball tampering is wrong.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Sanz said:
A Simple Yes/No would have been suffice but you bringing up Sachin/Dravid either to justify it or to somehow prove it if they are guilty, then yes he is as well. To answer that yes Sachin/Dravid are guilty of Ball Tampering and hence they cheated. Whole world knows that Waqar/Wasim/Imran/Shoaib tampered with the ball and we dont really need a Chris Pringle to say that.
I brought Sachin and Dravid in my post for a reason, even though both Sachin and Dravid have had their name involved in ball tampering but they were not part of my cheats XI.

Why?

Thats because when i think about Sachin and Dravid the first thing that comes to my mind is their great record and not the ball tampering issues and thats the same case with Waqar.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Xuhaib said:
I brought Sachin and Dravid in my post for a reason, even though both Sachin and Dravid have had their name involved in ball tampering but they were not part of my cheats XI.

Why?

Thats because when i think about Sachin and Dravid the first thing that comes to my mind is their great record and not the ball tampering issues and thats the same case with Waqar.
Actually, I am not questioning your team selection. My objection is you keep arguing that Waqar/Wasim didn't tamper with the ball and were never caught and hence no cheats but at the same time you say that Chris Pringle is a cheat because he was caught doing it.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Sanz said:
Actually, I am not questioning your team selection. My objection is you keep arguing that Waqar/Wasim didn't tamper with the ball and were never caught and hence no cheats but at the same time you say that Chris Pringle is a cheat because he was caught doing it.
From one of my previous post

Waqar who was a very fine exponent of reverse swing may have gone through these stages where the ball is not doing to much for him and in his desperation did things with the ball that were bordering at illegality

I did not deny he was never caught. My only argument is most of the time he got wickets with reverse swing and not ball tampering as the media in England triedto suggest in 92.

Craig

World Traveller
Goughy said:
Cheats XI

Well someone had to do it.

1 Kenneth Lay (Enron enough said)
2 Amarillo Slim (Poker and gambling set-ups)
3 Stella Walsh (1932 won Olympic Womans 100m for Poland and upon death was found out to be a man)
4 Tanya Harding (Well if having someone attempt to break your main competitors legs isnt cheating I don't know what is)
5 Rosi Ruiz (Got a lift for 25 miles of 1980 Boston Marathon)
6 Diego Maradona (Hand of God) CAPT Wkt
7 Robert Mugabe (Election fraud and voter intimidation) ROS
8 David Beckham (Infidelity) RAM
9 Ben Johnson (Performance Enhancing Drugs) RAF
10 Boris Onishchenko (Button in handle of his fencing sword that closed the sensor circuit and registered a hit) RLS
11 Andrew Golota (Repeatedly hit other boxers below the belt) RAF

There you all go, a list without Waqar, Pringle, Warne or Murali. End of controversy :)
12 Roberto Heras Won cycling's Tour of Spain (same length and similar distance as the Tour de France) last year but lost it after failing a drugs test on stage 20.

And there is a few guys from HIH (insurance firm who went bust about 5 years ago) and One.Tel (telco company that went broke) who could be included in the second XI.

Craig

World Traveller
Voltman said:
Team manager: Don King?
Board members read the whole Juventus, Milan, Fiorentina, and Lazio board members since they were relegated over night (Milan weren't) for the bit in the Italian match fixing scandal. Although it doesn't mean anything to you.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Craig said:
Board members read the whole Juventus, Milan, Fiorentina, and Lazio board members since they were relegated over night (Milan weren't) for the bit in the Italian match fixing scandal. Although it doesn't mean anything to you.
:wacko:

Errr, it's leading the sports news bulletins here. That's quite an assumption you're making, Craig.