• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in Sri Lanka

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
This is also the highest first-class partnership.
145.2 Boje to DPMD Jayawardene, 4 byes, down the leg side, Boucher fails to collect it, goes to the fence for byes. That's it this is now the record for highest partnership. Crackers being burst, both the batsmen hug each other, crowd errupts.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
andyc said:
Very well played by these two. What next, one wonders? Is 700 possible?
They won't bat past this session. At least, I'd be very dissapointed if they do. The focus should still be on winning, and not on breaking Laras' 400. Most likely, they will declare as soon as both batsman have triples. By then, the lead will be almost 475, and thats way more than enough. SL can't lose from here, so the focus should be on winning.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
silentstriker said:
They won't bat past this session. At least, I'd be very dissapointed if they do. The focus should still be on winning, and not on breaking Laras' 400. Most likely, they will declare as soon as both batsman have triples. By then, the lead will be almost 475, and thats way more than enough. SL can't lose from here, so the focus should be on winning.
This is still only the third day. I'd be very surprised to see this South African batting line up bat out two days against Murali.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
andyc said:
This is still only the third day. I'd be very surprised to see this South African batting line up bat out two days against Murali.
Again not impossible, given the nature of this pitch , as these 2 batters have shown, it just requires 2 determined batsmen . (perhaps 4-5 in the case of SA to save this Test :D )

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
andyc said:

But its a great batting pitch, as these two have shown. SL should give themselves 2 days and a session at least. Personal records are not worth risking it, IMO. Two triple centuries are enough. Its not unheard off (though its rare) for teams to bat out two full days. Why take that chance when you don't have to?

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
The batsmen need to be tied down. The only way they`ll get out at present is with a glaring mistake. Break the 400 Jaya!

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Langeveldt said:
Whats the hugest test defeat by any side in the history of the game? Absolute disgrace tbh
England (903-7d, Hutton 364) beat Australia (201 & 123) by an innings and 579 runs, Oval, 1938.

They were playing nine men, though. Bradman and Fingleton were injured.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Nnanden said:
The batsmen need to be tied down. The only way they`ll get out at present is with a glaring mistake. Break the 400 Jaya!

Only if you don't care about SL winning. If one of them bats till 400, SL will not win this test. Two triple centuries should be personal achievement enough, no need to be more selfish than that.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
155.6 Boje to Sangakkara, no run, good ball from Boje, turns in sharply, Sangakkara plays forward, gets an inside edge

Murali will be interested in this .

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
:laugh: Talk about putting your neck on the line. Prepare to be totally embarrassed SS.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
As I see it Murali should not have trouble dismissing them in 5 sessions. (but the weather is an unpredictable element ) .

Does anyone know the weather forecast for Colombo for next 2 days ? Where is Dinu when you need him :D

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
I predict declaration when Sang reaches 300, but Mahela may start going after Lara's record from now till whenever Sanga reaches 300 !!:D

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Nnanden said:
:laugh: Talk about putting your neck on the line. Prepare to be totally embarrassed SS.

Well, I might win the award for the worst prediction of the week. But if they allow one of these players to go for 400, it is a mistake, even if they manage to win it from there. Your focus should be on winning, not personal stats. I say again, allow the players to reach the personal milestones if they are close...but don't risk the match.

Langeveldt

Soutie
JASON said:
155.6 Boje to Sangakkara, no run, good ball from Boje, turns in sharply, Sangakkara plays forward, gets an inside edge

Murali will be interested in this .
yeah, if he's planning to bowl a foot outside the right handers leg stump :laugh: