• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in Sri Lanka

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Jayasuriya being tied down by Pollock and Ntini - usually precedes his throwing his wicket away !

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Not much to go by, but he does average 37.33 more runs per innings (78.57 to 41.24) when he doesn't keep wicket.

I say not much to go by though, as he has only played 22 innings as a batsman alone.
Out for 14 today, so that should bring that average down quite a bit !!:D

Steulen

International Regular
JASON said:
Steyn intent on hurting Jayasuriya - short , sharp rising deliveries aimed at Ribs !! :D
As long as it's accompanied by leaking 7 runs per over I guess Jayasuriya won't mind too much.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
andyc said:
Jayawardene gone, SL three down and in a bit of trouble.
Exactly the scenario when everyone Sri Lankan starts wondering why Prasanna J was picked and how advantageous it would be had another batter been picked instead !!:dry:

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
4/85 now Dilshan 's gone .

SL definitely struggling here . SA right on top , SL may be forced to Follow on .

oz_fan

International Regular
Sri Lanka 5 down for 86.
Dilshan bowled by Ntini and Jayasuriya out two balls later to Ntini who now has 4 for 21.

Steulen

International Regular
cricinfo said:
22.3 Ntini to Dilshan, OUT, and the bowling change works! Ntini picks up his third wicket and Sri Lanka are in trouble here. Slightly short, bowled from wide of the crease and coming in with the angle, was going well over the stumps. Dilshan offers no shot but leaves his bat hanging in the air, ball clips the toe end of the bat and crashes into the leg stump.
TM Dilshan b Ntini 4 (5b 1x4 0x6) sr: 80.00
Was the Dilshan dismissal as silly as CricInfo makes it?

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
You are obviously watching it live !! *Which I am not *:D

SL very likely to have to follow on and SA right on top .

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
The 6th wicket is only a few minutes away given the batting prowess of Prasanna Jayawardene !! * Another walking wicket * (as Hall was described by Cricinfo yesterday):D

Steulen

International Regular
JASON said:
You are obviously watching it live !! *Which I am not *:D

SL very likely to have to follow on and SA right on top .
I'm only reading the CricInfo commentary, not watching it. Thought you were :)

TazzX

U19 12th Man
JASON said:
The 6th wicket is only a few minutes away given the batting prowess of Prasanna Jayawardene !! * Another walking wicket * (as Hall was described by Cricinfo yesterday):D
Two differant things. You know Prasanna is a walking wicket before he even hits the wicket. Hall just looked like one on the day ... You can hardly call you 50+ avg as a opener a *walking wicket*

:)