• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Bangladesh in Kenya

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
More problems in Kenya:

From CricBD:
Bangladesh's tour of Kenya became uncertain after Cricket Kenya requested Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) to put the three-match series on hold.

Habibul Bashar's men are scheduled to jet out for Nairobi on July 16 to play three one-day internationals against the ICC associate member country before their five-match one-day series against neighbours Zimbabwe.

But the BCB received a letter from its Kenyan counterpart on Sunday which expressed its unwillingness to host the Tigers at the moment as it failed to catch a sponsor for the series.

"Presently there is hardly any chance to visit Kenya prior the Zimbabwe tour. Cricket Kenya is yet to get a sponsor for the series and that's why they requested us to put the series on hold," said BCB media committee chairman Reazuddin Al Mamun.

"Board can't take any decision about the tour as both president (Ali Asghar) and general secretary (Mahbubul Anam) are now abroad. We need another couple of days to settle the issue," he added.

Bangladesh's first of five one-day internationals against Zimbabwe is scheduled to take place at the Harare Sports Club on July 29.
I like the sound of 'The Cricket Web Series'. ;)

Chemosit

First Class Debutant
New Dates for the Bangladesh Tour to Kenya are August 12th, 13th and 15th.

Hopefully, Kenya will have sponsorsip for TV coverage sorted by then. It was that not sponsorship for the matches that caused Cricket Kenya to request a postponement.

brockley

International Captain
Hope that doesn't conflict with the aussie academies tour of kenya,we are meant to play 3 one day games vs kenya in either augesut or september.

Chemosit

First Class Debutant
There won't be any conflict as the Academy are due in Kenya from August 29th to September 4th.
In a way, it should actually tie in well with that as there will be time for a couple of days break, then back into it to keep up the continuity.

brockley

International Captain
Thanx chemosit,by the way do you know thw academies ititnnery i know they tour south africa,zimbabwe and kenya,but news is sparse on the details.Am looking forward to the AIS coming up against a full strength kenya and zimbabwe,should be a good match up.

Chemosit

First Class Debutant
I don't have any more details than that I'm sorry. All I know is they are scheduled to play three limited-over matches against Kenya.
I personally feel that we would be better off playing maybe one 4 day match and then a limited over game. Still, I expect that the short stay had something to do with this, and any quality opposition is to be welcomed.

brockley

International Captain
Yeh same chemosit,but the AIS it seems is only playing 20/20 games and one day games at the emerging trophy,so i am not far from surprised,altho kenya is not a great 4 day side they have struggled greatly with the european associate nation sides.Still its a good hit out for the AIS boys and look forward to the games on kenyan soil.

Chemosit

First Class Debutant
One of the main reasons Kenya have not done well at the 4 day game, is that other than the Intercontinental Cup, only one or two of our players have any experience at it. This needs to be rectified if things are going to change, and I think a good way to do it would be to play matches against touring development and A sides. Maybe next time...

Rifat

Cricket Spectator
I searched cricino and saw that Kenya doesn't have any domestic cricket at all, the future of Kenyan cricket looks dark

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Rifat said:
I searched cricino and saw that Kenya doesn't have any domestic cricket at all, the future of Kenyan cricket looks dark
Cricinfo doesn't cover the domestic seasons of non-Test countries. There should be several leagues around Nairobi, for example.

Chemosit

First Class Debutant
Rifat said:
There are 30 teams confirmed to take part in the NPCA (Nairobi) Leagues starting this weekend. This is an expansion of 2 from last year.
Mombasa has around 12 teams, though again, this is expexted to be expanded this year.
Rift Valley currently has 7 teams competing in the Nakuru based Akshar League, though again, their 2006 full season is expected to attract around 12 teams.

I would say the future of Kenyan cricket looks anything but dark at the moment.

If you want details on the domestic league, I believe Cricket Kenya will have a domestic section on their website once it is up and running. In the mean time, I am doing my best to cover it on the blog.

stumpski

International Captain
First ODI today. Should be a comfortable win for Bangladesh: Kenya 127-7. Tikolo top-scored with 47 but he had no support.

stumpski

International Captain
Even worse for Kenya today. 45-6 before Odoyo came to the rescue. I like what I'm hearing about Rasel, he could be the partner Mortaza's been waiting for.

Tomm NCCC

International 12th Man
It was good to see Ashraful return to form, that 67 should be a good springboard for him, only took him 43 balls and even if it was against Kenya, it doesnt matter. Well done.

Chemosit

First Class Debutant
The second game was a disappointment for Kenya after coming back so well. Great innings from Odoyo, should have earned him MOTM when put along side his bowling effort.
Hopefully the third game today will give something to cheer about for home fans.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
I was very much doubting bowling Mashrafe 2nd change, but it obviously worked a treat. :D Amazing effort! :thumbsup:

stumpski

International Captain
Best bowling for Bangladesh in ODIs, not surprisingly. Previously 5-31, Aftab Ahmed v New Zealand in 2004-05.