• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Pakistan in England

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Think Athers hit it on the head there, "I hope Darryl Hair saw something, because it's a massive presumption".

It was a daft shot by KP tho; trying to bring up his ton in the grand manner. How wide was the ball?!?

Fusion

Global Moderator
BoyBrumby said:
Think Athers hit it on the head there, "I hope Darryl Hair saw something, because it's a massive presumption".
Yup, and Botham pretty much said the same thing. It's really depressing, because I barely have any interest in the match anymore. My thoughts are about the controversy and what's going to happen next.

Gloucefan

U19 Vice-Captain
superkingdave said:
poor from KP, throws it away when he was on top. Pakistan should win now, there are no batsmen left who will take the game from them so they'll have until lunch tomorrow to get the wickets for an easy chase
If England managed to bat until lunch tomorrow we could be looking at a lead of 200+ not an easy chase considering it would be day 5 and Pakistans uncanny knack to collapse like England.

Still you have to fancy Pakistan

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Gloucefan said:
If England managed to bat until lunch tomorrow we could be looking at a lead of 200+ not an easy chase considering it would be day 5 and Pakistans uncanny knack to collapse like England.

Still you have to fancy Pakistan
if KP was still in we would have a chance of being 200 ahead at lunch, as it is its nigh on tea, we are still 37 behind, we will be lucky to be 150 ahead at lunch tomorrow even if we managed to last that long.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
BoyBrumby said:

It was a daft shot by KP tho; trying to bring up his ton in the grand manner. How wide was the ball?!?

Darryl Hair just loves controversies and subcontinent teams, doesn't he? :laugh:

In any case, I have to agree that I really hope that he actually SAW something, or at least found indisputable evidence of ball tampering. Its not a light accusation.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
silentstriker said:
Darryl Hair just loves controversies and subcontinent teams, doesn't he? :laugh:

In any case, I have to agree that I really hope that he actually SAW something, or at least found indisputable evidence of ball tampering. Its not a light accusation.
I hope he did too, otherwise we'll have to put up with some Pakistan supporters with a persecution complex repeatedly saying how they've been victimised again.

Fusion

Global Moderator
Scaly piscine said:
I hope he did too, otherwise we'll have to put up with some Pakistan supporters with a persecution complex repeatedly saying how they've been victimised again.
You're really an *** sometimes aren't you? The above post is rich coming from you, probably the biggest whiner in CW history. Why do you have a need to pick a fight by saying something like this? Isn't there enough controversy here to keep you ranting without going after Pak supporters?

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Scaly piscine said:
They'd be justified on this occasion if Hair didn't see anything.

Unbelievable occurence. Can't believe it really.

no1_gangsta_786

U19 Cricketer
A big well done to Inzamam for keeping his cool by keeping the team on the field...im sure many other captains would have taken their team of the field. I hope that Darryl Hair has concrete evidence of this as Ian Botham said that they have looked through all the footage and not seen any ball tampering and they have cameras all over the place. Really dissapointed by the level of umpiring in this whole series and if there is no evidence, Darryl Hair should be severly punished.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
no1_gangsta_786 said:
A big well done to Inzamam for keeping his cool by keeping the team on the field...im sure many other captains would have taken their team of the field.
Spoke too soon...

Langeveldt

Soutie
Oh dear, Pakistan refusing to take the field

This has livened up an otherwise dull Sunday for me! Shame for the Oval crowd though..

I think its akin to when India threw their toys out of the pram when Mike Deness starting handing out fines in South Africa

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Scaly piscine said:

Oh ok, it would not be a shame if they were unfairly targetted if Hair didn't see anything...the real shame would be seeing the "persecution complex" of the Pakistani fans.

Moron.