• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Pakistan in England

Langeveldt

Soutie
Check this out, batsmen are out there having a chat with the umpires.. Possibility of awarding the game to England, what would the crowds reaction be to an England win but an end to the match?

Langeveldt

Soutie
Well now the Pakistanis have made this stand they can't go back on it now.. i dont think there will be any more play today at least

PY

International Coach
What the heck is going on? Sounds like the game has been awarded to Egland?!?

What a farce. :laugh:

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Given my cynical view of cricket politics and one of my early experiences of watching cricket (someone on the Pakistan team being shown live on the BBC picking at the seam, a big fuss kicked off, then a day later it was like nothing had happened) I would be amazed if anyone on the Pakistan team was shown, in public, to have tampered with the ball (ICC is far too concerned with the public view of cricket and wouldn't want to tarnish the brand of cricket by saying so and so cheated unless they had to). This will probably end up being dealt with behind closed doors and something will come out that there was no definitive proof of anyone tampering with the ball but there was some suspicious damage to the ball (unless Darryl Hair is seen as 'dispensable' in which case they might just decide to let him take the hit).

Anyway just my crackpot theory to pass the time... anyone know for sure if Pakistan have forfeited?

Langeveldt

Soutie
I think this is a niggly bit of bad umpiring by Hair, in that even if there was ball tampering, it was so minor, and could have been sorted with a simple "I've seen what you're doing, don't do it again".. Combined with a huge Pakistani over-reaction