• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Pakistan in England

PY

International Coach
I don't know if it was a huge over-reaction Rich, if you'd been accused of cheating and penalised on the spot then you would be pretty darned peeved if you hadn't done it!

Is it fake indignation or genuine?

Fusion

Global Moderator
open365 said:
If we did that in India, the crowd would tear the stadium down.

absolute disgrace.
Stop trolling and saying Pakistan are a disgrace. In effect, Pak were accused of cheating. If Hair has proof they cheated, he has a right to change the ball and the events that followed were entirely of Pak's fault. But if there is no proof, then he just accused the Pak team of cheating based on assumptions. That's ridiculous and has huge implications. Though I don't necessarily support Pak not taking the field, I think they have the right to do it if they think they did nothing wrong. So shut up about your "disgrace" comments and wait until all the facts are out.

Langeveldt

Soutie
PY said:
I don't know if it was a huge over-reaction Rich, if you'd been accused of cheating and penalised on the spot then you would be pretty darned peeved if you hadn't done it!

Dunno, Just because the TV cameras didnt pick it up, didnt mean it didnt happen

Fusion

Global Moderator
Botham just said that if Hair didn't have evidence that the ball was tempered with, then Pakistan have every right not to take the field. I'm sure Botham is a "disgrace" for saying that too right??

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
PY said:

Yea you'd be very annoyed at that moment. But they've had time to think about it, speak with managers, coaches etc. and they come up with this rubbish so they've completely relinquished any moral high ground anyway.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Langeveldt said:
I think this is a niggly bit of bad umpiring by Hair, in that even if there was ball tampering, it was so minor, and could have been sorted with a simple "I've seen what you're doing, don't do it again".. Combined with a huge Pakistani over-reaction

If I was the captain of a team, and I felt that my team was unfairly targetted...I would not wait until the tea break to march right out and forfeit the match.

If on the other hand, they did tamper with the ball, then there should be suspensions and fines.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Langeveldt said:
Dunno, Just because the TV cameras didnt pick it up, didnt mean it didnt happen

Doesn't mean it did either. If Pakistan felt they were unfarily accused of cheating, then they have every right to do what they are doing.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Scaly piscine said:
Yea you'd be very annoyed at that moment. But they've had time to think about it, speak with managers, coaches etc. and they come up with this rubbish so they've completely relinquished any moral high ground anyway.

Um, huh? So 10 minutes later, after speaking with managers, they should say "Well its ok if we've been called cheats...lets get on"

Sorry, that doesn't work.

FRAZ

International Captain
Then some clowns were saying that I was wrong about Hair . Should be .......
Great job Inzi .. Great job . I salute you if he has walked off . Great job ... Clown .. Pig .. I was right , you see , I proved myself right .. HUH . Now use the indirect slurs and words. I definately was right about Hair .. Thank God didn't have to wait for a long to see the result ..

Scaly piscine

Fusion said:
Stop trolling and saying Pakistan are a disgrace. In effect, Pak were accused of cheating. If Hair has proof they cheated, he has a right to change the ball and the events that followed were entirely of Pak's fault. But if there is no proof, then he just accused the Pak team of cheating based on assumptions. That's ridiculous and has huge implications. Though I don't necessarily support Pak not taking the field, I think they have the right to do it if they think they did nothing wrong. So shut up about your "disgrace" comments and wait until all the facts are out.
The only one trolling seems to be you. Whether they tampered with the ball or not this reaction is still a disgrace.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Scaly piscine said:
The only one trolling seems to be you. Whether they tampered with the ball or not this reaction is still a disgrace.

If they did not tamper with the ball, then this is the only action that they should have done.

FRAZ

International Captain
silentstriker said:
Um, huh? So 10 minutes later, after speaking with managers, they should say "Well its ok if we've been called cheats...lets get on"

Enough is enough ..A man is who has courage to say it in face ..............

Scaly piscine

silentstriker said:

There have been 12 overs since the decision, so best part of an hour.

Cricketers are paid to play cricket.