• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Things we won't see again

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Craig said:
What things that used to be seen in international cricket (or FC) in the last several decades. For me it is:

The long tours, New Zealand toured England in 1978 they were there from the end of May to September and yet they only played three Tests and two ODIs :wacko: ,
Are you sure about that. We played two One-Day International and three Tests against Pakistan in the first half of that Summer. The first Test with New Zealand wasn't until the end of July.
We certainly won't see England on long Ashes Tours, they even used to play State matches after the Final Test before setting off for New Zealand.

Craig

World Traveller
Langeveldt said:
Umpires having a spine and making a call that might cause controversy.. I somehow think every indiscretion, unless its absolutely blatant, will get swept under the carpet after Hair v Pakistan..

Soon you can put ODI's on that list, maybe tests in some countries
Almost there with New Zealand.

I don't know and I'm probably wrong, but Test cricket never seems to be/or seemed to be popular in New Zealand, mainly I'm using the crowd figures I see when I watch it.

Craig

World Traveller
Lillian Thomson said:
Are you sure about that. We played two One-Day International and three Tests against Pakistan in the first half of that Summer. The first Test with New Zealand wasn't until the end of July.
We certainly won't see England on long Ashes Tours, they even used to play State matches after the Final Test before setting off for New Zealand.
Here you go

What was the history of the TN Pearce XI matches?

Run like Inzy

U19 12th Man
Mushtaq Ahmed and Saqlain Mushtaq playing for Pakistan (although you never no with the Pakistani selectors)
Something I hope we never see again is a test match like the last one

Last edited:

Oli Norwell

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
- Jason Gillespie improving on his highest test score
- Michael Vaughan captaining England (!)
- Test match cricket on the BBC (thank god!)
- Test match cricket on Channel 4 (sadly)
- Andy Caddick taking a test wicket
- Zimbabwe beating anyone other than Bangladesh in a test match
- An empty stadium for the 5th day of a test in England
- England qualifying for the semis/final of a Cricket World Cup
- Michael Clarke getting 6/9 bowling in a test match

Xuhaib

International Coach
Oli Norwell said:
- Jason Gillespie improving on his highest test score
- Michael Vaughan captaining England (!)
- Test match cricket on the BBC (thank god!)
- Test match cricket on Channel 4 (sadly)
- Andy Caddick taking a test wicket
- Zimbabwe beating anyone other than Bangladesh in a test match
- An empty stadium for the 5th day of a test in England
- England qualifying for the semis/final of a Cricket World Cup
- Michael Clarke getting 6/9 bowling in a test match
Oval 2006.:dry:

Craig

World Traveller
Jim Laker's bowling performance against Australia in 1956 at Old Trafford and of course Hedkey Veriety taking 10 -for-not-very many once in his FC career.