• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Battle of the Test Bowling

cameeel

International Captain
Warne

Patel's effort seems to have been on a fairly low-scoring pitch, and the Australian batting line-up was nothing special.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Patel performance looks superb, but looking at the low scores in the game & the fact that Davidson also took 7 wickets for Australia, the pitch was probably not the easiest to bat on.

Warne though was the difference between Australia & Pakistan in that test match after Australia made a huge 1st innings score, so Warne for me.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
cameeel said:
Warne

Patel's effort seems to have been on a fairly low-scoring pitch, and the Australian batting line-up was nothing special.
Yeah like Pakistani batting lineup was greatest of the century.

cameeel

International Captain
Sanz said:
Yeah like Pakistani batting lineup was greatest of the century.
But as Aussie pointed out, a player from the other team managed to take a 7-fer, so it must have been a pretty handy bowling pitch. Whether or not Warne took out a brilliant batting line, the fact that 400+ runs were scored in the first innings indicates that it wasn't providing too much assistance to the bowlers.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Kapil Dev

I love Marshall, but I've already said I discount all performances against England in the eighties or nineties.