• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Season 11 Discussion and Results

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
a pair of tons, certainly an improvement on the game vs colts.
we are looking in ominous form to start the season...

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Great stuff Colts. We destroyed them :)

Cameron - you managed to stay undefeated. Damn, blast and curses!

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Pre-season jitters. No matter. Good to get some practice before the real deal. :)

KennyD

International Vice-Captain
Funny to see Trav be dismissed twice by joung James Stedman's little dobbers.

Should give some good bantering material between the 2 as they continue their little battles throughout the season.

Travis_Teh

International Regular
KennyD said:
Funny to see Trav be dismissed twice by joung James Stedman's little dobbers.

Should give some good bantering material between the 2 as they continue their little battles throughout the season.
I did dismiss him in the second, and I also did NOT make a duck in the second.

Bragging rights for me, I reckon.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Cricket Web Red v Cricket Web Green
at CW Oval

Scorecard
Ball By Ball

An excellent, patient bowling effort throughout left Green with no chance to win this game at the Oval, as wickets fell at a trickle and only rookie Rodgie, for the umpteenth time, stood up to the assault. As no one else passed twenty, however, it was rather inevitable. Kennett and Watt set the tone, as Green slipped to 20 for three, but Lezama looked to hang around with Rodgie until a drive was cut to Dauth at third man, and Gaukroger's soft dismissal incited the true collapse. Nayak had Hing bowled and Rose caught behind, while Robbins caught Cunningham swinging, and at 82 for eight, the game was sewn up. Andy Cameron provided another rearguard, making 16 not out as Green posted 145, but Bennett anchored the chase with an unbeaten half-century as Green only managed to take the lone wicket.

Cricket Web Green 145 all out (40.2 overs; Rodgie 62; Nayak 4/28)
Cricket Web Red 146 for one (35.3 overs; Bennett 69*)
Cricket Web Red won by nine wickets
Man of the Match: Gaurav Nayak

Cricket Web Colts v Cricket Web U-19
at Fardin Qayyumi CC

Scorecard
Ball By Ball

Stephen Burke and Pooja Bharat dug Colts out of a hole from 101 for six, which they had arrived in after patient bowling from Goughy and Dunn. However, the change bowlers could not keep up the pressure with more wickets, and Burke and Bharat paced their 119-run partnership well, letting Gundry's gentle spin flow away before unleashing themselves in the final overs against Smith and Dunn.

The U-19 team struggled immediately when Luff nicked an awayswinger from Hancock, and after his fine opening spell Matt Pitt came in at 63 for four. He played himself in well, taking some good shots off McNamara, and as the youngsters arrived in the last ten overs with 54 to win and three wickets in hand, the hopes rested on him. But Gelman removed Gundry with a shorter one that was horrifically inside-edged, and Pitt failed to gain confidence - and suddenly the target was 46 off 36. Three booming drives off Gelman later, and Pitt had given his team five runs - and got out caught in the deep by Hancock. The last-wicket pairing simply wasn't able to keep up despite a Gelman no-ball in the final over, and Colts eked through as winners by 11 runs.

Cricket Web Colts 220 for six (50 overs; Burke 69*, Bharat 54*; Dunn 3/55)
Cricket Web U-19 209 for nine (50 overs; Pitt 59; Weber 3/37)
Cricket Web Colts by 11 runs
Man of the Match: Stephen Burke

Cricket Web Blue v Cricket Web Black
at PDV Dome

Scorecard
Ball By Ball

Black exploited the movement that Blue seemingly had been unable to find in their innings, and recorded a massive victory in the Dome. Simon Fitzsimmons made a steady contribution at the top of the order, but looked shaky throughout his 43, and though no batter apart from Jennifer Law really pushed onwards to a big score, the scoreboard read 279 for nine by the end of the 50 overs.

What followed was carnage. Suicidal batting prompted by the high total, saw seven batsmen perish to catches for scores less than 12, with only Crampton, Goff and Cribb really settling. Patient Black bowlers pitched the ball in the right areas, and held all their catches, and despite an uncharacteristic 53 from veteran Liam Camps, Blue were bowled out for an embarrassing 109. The Blue captain later claimed "it was only a warm-up."

Cricket Web Black 279 for nine (50 overs; Law 55; Demeza 3/49)
Cricket Web Blue 109 all out (25.4 overs; Camps 53; Thompson 4/38, Pickup 2/6)
Cricket Web Black won by 170 runs
Man of the Match: Callum Thompson

Last edited:

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Code:
DP Smith                                b LA Camps           16     24    1      0
Not much to celebrate. But Demeza and Collins looked pretty sharp. Not sure why I took so long to enter the attack though...