• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Grade Cricket Season XI

David

International 12th Man
Reports of me stuffing up are greatly undeniable

Last edited by a moderator:

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Very happy with my 10-78 but we still managed to lose :(

However, I was playing Dev league. How can I play both at once? If I can then great, just wondering as I thought it was not possible.

David

International 12th Man
Goughy said:
Very happy with my 10-78 but we still managed to lose :(

However, I was playing Dev league. How can I play both at once? If I can then great, just wondering as I thought it was not possible.
It's not, you just suffered some sort of weird time dilation allowing you to be in both places at once.. Or, you were cloned....

David

International 12th Man
dontcloseyoureyes said:
He wasn't playing Dev league at the same time, these Grade games are for the night that Green had the bye, aren't they?

Correct, new games being simmed currently.

David

International 12th Man
CW Grade Seson XI Round 2

Davistow Darters vs Pickford Panthers @ Heathridge Oval

A game for the bowlers in an extremely low scoring affair. Pickup lead the way for the Panthers with some impressive bowling, taking match figures of 9/36, however it wasn't enough, as the darters scraped home by 27 runs, Hoy and Warwick tearing apart the Pickford batting lineup, with only De Silva able to score runs on the minefield that is Heathridge Oval.

Nixonstown Foxes vs Greater Robbham de Grooters @ Nixonstown Server

A large opening total by the Foxes set the tone for the game, with the Robbham bowlers struggling to take wickets, Riaz Wajid's 163* being the backbone of the innings. Where the Robbham bowlers failed, Gelman flourished, taking 6/56, managing to restrict Robbham to 235, enforcing the follow on. Once again Gelman stepped up to the plate, a wonderful 7/78. Unfortunately for him, the rest of the team failed to capitalise, Robbham managing 311, with Dobson top scoring with 69. With no time to chase, the game petered out to a tame draw, Nixonstown throwing away their chances with poor support for Gelman.

Gofftown Tigers vs Twybridge Titans @ Gofftown Oval

Gofftown failed to impress as they got rolled first innings for 96, Thompson being the main damager with 5/21. The Titans then set about amassing a huge total, Law providing support with 68 for a rampant Buttsworth, scoring 212* to give Twybridge a massive 415. To their credit, Gofftown actually attempted to make a game of it, however they managed to fall 5 runs short of making Twybridge bat again, with some brave lower order batting. Thompson once again star with the ball, taking 4/77.

Stedingham Jets vs Campsfield Braves @ Jets Arena

Reuben Verghese showed a glimpse of the player he used to be, top scoring for the Braves with 80, whilst Wilson managed 74, to take the Braves to a total of 324. Chris Butler was left stranded on 61* as the rest of the Jets fell around him, managing to scrape together 128, with all bowlers chipping in. Forced to bat again it looked like more of the same, Butler the only batsman showing resistance as the Jets were crumbling at 6/38. Reddlapalli however made a convincing 72 from number 8, whilst Javed Shafiq's 74 from number 10 was miraculous considering the attempts of the Jets top order. Butler finished with 111 from 343 balls, giving the Jets hope with 337. Unfortunately Smith went berserk, his 74 from 72 destroying any chances of the Jets winning, as the Braves crusied home to win by 9 wickets.

Edfield Seahawks vs Garven Island Sharks @ Sanderston Ground

Garven Island won the toss and elected to bat first, and Fitzsimmons performed admirably with a steady 86, the Sharks totalling 259. The wickets shared by Guarav Nayak and Matt "Mikey" Smith, taking 4/71 & 6/81 respectively. The Seahawks then looked to be struggling to take first innings points before a tenth wicket partnership of 107, with number 11 Derick making 64, Ghaffar Khan holding down the other end with 53* off 261 balls, Edfield making 319. Fitzsimmons showed why he is one of the Best batsmen in CWLand with a commanding 156, as the game ended a draw, Edfield not even batting again. Nick Borcich was heavily disappointing after his Dev league heroics, taking 1/133 for the match.

Last edited by a moderator:

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Red watch

Luff: poor stroke to Hing early on, Riaz showed that the pitch was good for batting
Dwyer: bashed some runs in the second innings to avoid defeat, clearly heading the bowling attack is a bit too much to ask though
Reddlapalli: got dcye and pinchy, that's always a healthy haul. Played a part in setting a target, too, but ultimately not quite up to it.
Nayak: Bowled well on Nick's off day, making sure that Edfield weren't missing owt. Second innings was a bit poor though. Good draw in the end.
Dobson: Once again a solid fifty and a bit of a failure. Nowt special.

Edfield need to pick themselves up tho. Maybe it'll help when I come down. ;)

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Poor match for the Jets, my fellow grade batsmen really need to help out the FC batsmen more. Some quality innnings from Buts and Reddlapalli, Buts was just amazing, showing the Jets fans why his a Test and ODI batsmen. Reddlappalli can't be that far from making the Reds starting XI, 2 50s and some solid bowling.

Loony BoB

International Captain
Gelman! :o Man, it seems any seamer who joins the Colts turns out to be right up there. Wright's influence, no doubt!