• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Season 11 Discussion and Results

kears_falcon_9

International Debutant
Great win by the Reds, dissapointed with two failures, but with Moerk in top form and the middle order being succesful things are looking good.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Great win Reds, encouraging signs with the ball from Kennett, Watt & Edmunds, and some good innings' there from Mork, Markus, Robbins and the new kid Ritchie (good stuff on the 2 fifties).

On another note, how **** am I? Ffs. Hopeless. At least I'm the form fielder of the competition :cool:

Last edited:

ash chaulk

International Captain
lol still winning boys good stuff

personally 30 and a 42 is better then the rubbish i was producing in the warmups

Travis_Teh

International Regular
Updated table. Red's looking -very- strong :)

Code:
Team	Played	Won	Lost	Drawn	Tied	Bat	Bowl	Points
Red	2	2	0	0	0	3	6	37
Black	1	1	0	0	0	4	2	20
Green	1	1	0	0	0	3	3	20
Blue	2	0	2	0	0	5	6	11
Colts	2	0	2	0	0	1	6	7

steds

Hall of Fame Member
It's a marathon, not a sprint, etc. Need to keep playing at this high intensity all season.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Cricket Web Black v Cricket Web Green
at Pickford Reserve

Scorecard
Commentary

A grand day out for the seamers and a nice polishing effort from Paddy Gundry saw Green help themselves to victory in a low-scoring clash at Pickford. The much-vaunted Black top order wilted without any resistance, eclipsing even the woeful performance shown by Green in the first innings.

Green batted first - and slipped to 61 for five. Malone and Garven both got good balls from Hoy, while Warwick was fortunate to get two catches against unsettled batsmen, and Mike Wilson picked up a nervous Rodgie for an 18-ball six. However, Vaughan and Dravid rebuilt calmly, adding 91 for the sixth wicket with plenty of singles off the change bowlers, and Pickup's nought for 34 was justified reward for some ultimately unthreatening bowling.

Green made 200 for seven, but it looked at least 30 too little. Until Rose and Goughy entered. Black's batsmen went to pieces at the sight of a cricket ball bowled at a pace above 80mph, and the scorecard made for grim reading: Chaulk bowled 1, Stedman caught 5, Blackman run out diamond duck, Butler bowled 2, Fitzsimmons caught 2, Wilson run out 1. The two run outs didn't help, of course, and at one point Black were 16 for six.

Desperate measures were taken, and Law and Thompson sought to block out the game. That they did - but the required run rate ballooned, and Paddy Gundry's reintroduction to the attack in the death overs did the rest. Black collapsed a second time, from 140 for six to 146 all out: the partnership of Law and Thompson contributed over 80 % of the runs. Green captain Andrew Garven led his team to a lap of honour in front of a bemused Pickford crowd, waving a placard with the now immortal Pickup quote: "It is possible to lose to Green."

Cricket Web Green 200 for seven (50 ovs; Dravid 70*; Hoy 3/40)
Cricket Web Black 146 all out (45.2 ovs; Law 66, Thompson 57; Rose 3/14, Gundry 3/30)
Cricket Web Green won by 54 runs
Man of the Match: Xavier Rose

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Excellent win boys. Green 2 for 2 and playing well as a team.

Time will tell whether we can keep it up, but lets ignore that and enjoy our start to the season

EDIT- Interesting to see that after 10 overs of the Black reply Goughy and Rose has exactly the same figures, 5-1-7-2. Very good start and good fun :)

Last edited:

Dravid

International Captain
70 batting for green at number 7...really nice...another 50 added to my total and that makes it 4 50's so far this season..o yea my 70 was with only 2 fours!!!! now thats what you call some classic batting

Dravid

International Captain
Em I'm kinda new to the CW Dev League...whats up with people being shocked with Green winning? Did they suck in the past?