• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official** Malaysia Tri-Series

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Ponting certainly has a problem controlling his temper on the field. I'd have no problem with him getting a suspension for his behaviour the other night, though presumably he avoided it by pleading guilty and apologising.

It's fine to disagree with the umpires, it's not fine to berate them on the field for their decisions and question their credentials. If a captain truly believes an umpire has erred severely, there are methods he can use to make a complaint after the match. The umpire's decision has to be respected on the field.

StumpMic

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
adharcric said:
Dravid
Tendulkar
Pathan
Sehwag
Kaif
Raina/Mongia
Dhoni
Powar
Agarkar
Harbhajan
Patel
Does Irfan Pathan really bat that high up these days :blink: ? Very different from what I would have expected. Whats happened to lakshman?

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
FaaipDeOiad said:
Ponting certainly has a problem controlling his temper on the field. I'd have no problem with him getting a suspension for his behaviour the other night, though presumably he avoided it by pleading guilty and apologising.

It's fine to disagree with the umpires, it's not fine to berate them on the field for their decisions and question their credentials. If a captain truly believes an umpire has erred severely, there are methods he can use to make a complaint after the match. The umpire's decision has to be respected on the field.
Good post. It seems to me that Ponting thinks he is above the law.

adharcric

International Coach
StumpMic said:
Does Irfan Pathan really bat that high up these days :blink: ? Very different from what I would have expected. Whats happened to lakshman?
When was the last time you watched India play? :)

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
There was some discussion about the Indians' middle-order weakness, especially in the middle-overs against the sticky bowlers. Dravid and Tendulkar can face them a lot better. They take their time and build partnerships well. Why do we have them opening the innings again? This is one experiment that's going to fall flat, sooner than later. Maybe it already has.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
aussie said:
No he doesn't its just twice this year he has gone over-board, but that doesn't make him a disgrace at all, more often than not in his 2 years plus as skipper he has handled himself very well on the field. I'd say most captains given the situation of the game would have questioned the umpire's decision because it was pretty obvious that it had hit something while going down the leg-side.
Dont be an idiot. Ponting is the only international captain who has been fined twice this year fir verbal abuse against an umpire. He is clearly showing bad example as a leader of this team and his players follow his actions as well.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Mister Wright said:
Good post. It seems to me that Ponting thinks he is above the law.
I don't really think he does, I just think he has some issues controlling himself. There's no doubt every captain feels aggrieved about things like that wide call, but most of the others would be able to refrain from being quite so aggressive in their response.

StumpMic

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
adharcric said:
When was the last time you watched India play? :)
Frankly I don't remember :p . I certainly missed the WI tour. But I do remember commentators saying that Pathan had slowed down as a bowler. So he's taken to batting? Another Agarkar?

Johnners

Sanz said:
Dont be an idiot. Ponting is the only international captain who has been fined twice this year fir verbal abuse against an umpire. He is clearly showing bad example as a leader of this team and his players follow his actions as well.
He has been fined twice, but only once for verbal abuse. The Bangladesh incident was not for verbal abuse, the umpires themselves testified to that.

EDIT: My Mistake, the umpires didn't testify (although i'm sure i read that somewhere, anyways). But the fact they didn't themselves report the incident, and that "abuse" never came up in the hearing at all shows that the umpires themselves weren't concerned with his actions...

Mister Wright

FaaipDeOiad said:
I don't really think he does, I just think he has some issues controlling himself. There's no doubt every captain feels aggrieved about things like that wide call, but most of the others would be able to refrain from being quite so aggressive in their response.
Maybe I'm being a bit harsh, but it seems to me due to his limited captaining experiences prior to landing the Aussie job he seems to think he can do what ever he wants as captain. He'll soon learn though when he's out of an Ashes test, especially if it is a decider..

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
aussie said:
No he doesn't its just twice this year he has gone over-board, but that doesn't make him a disgrace at all
That's in addition to the Ashes incident not much more than 12 months ago.

And this latest one was for a wide in a game where his side were all but home, so the reaction was way over the top - can you honestly say that any of the other 9 captains in World Cricket would've reacted like that?

viktor

State Vice-Captain
+ if Munaf is used up the order who will use the slog overs. Afterall, AA is just a small, underpowered guy.

Johnners

Worrying signs as Tendulkar is struck on the hand....another injury would be devastating for the little master!! Hope all is well...*fingers crossed*

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Dravid was struck as well earlier. It is to be expected on this pitch that you will get a few knocks really. Tendulkar is batting again and it is not a worry really.