• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Season 11 Discussion and Results

kears_falcon_9

International Debutant
Neil Pickup said:
What the hell has happened to our batting?
Probably that trade in off season :ph34r:

That said not happy with my efforts of late. The team is on fire but im struggling to find good form. Alot of starts and always near a run a ball but not going on.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
:laugh: `Work Kears.

Dissapointing effort Blue. Don`t feel I`m reaching my full potential, but best of luck to you.

Bobisback

International Regular
Nice win Reds. Happy with my first Man of the Match :) Hope this means i get to see a few more games in the big leagues :)

cricketboy29

International Regular
'Stuff Reds. I don't understand what I was doing out there, pottering around for 39 balls..*sigh*. But anyway, We won. Credit to Dwyer:D

GO REDS!!!!

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Reds seamer joins club of unfortunates

Richard Edmunds turned up at Reds' pre-match training this morning with a broken finger, sustained in a freak kitchen accident. The young seamer, who had established himself with Red in first-class cricket after taking nine wickets @ 15.89 this season, will miss nine matchdays and may not play cricket until 28 September.

Indian allrounder Manjunath Reddlapalli steps in as emergency replacement.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Cricket Web Red v Cricket Web Green
at CW Oval

Scorecard
Ball By Ball

Red continued inside their bubble, seemingly not affected by the injury to Rich Edmunds, though Greens' lower order showed that runs were there for the taking, at least when the new ball wasn't swinging across acres for Watt and Kennett.

However, Reds' new-ball pairing against Green's top order resulted in chaos. The first time around, it gave 23 for two; the second time it was 19 for five. With Red piling on 134 for their first wicket, that was where the match was lost and won.

Green won the toss, batted first, and immediately struggled before Scott and Rodgie rebuilt nicely for the third wicket. A huge partnership was in store, but Bennett broke the stand, and Reddlapalli picked up the wickets of Scott and Garven in slightly fortiutous circumstances. Kennett and Watt, returning for a second spell, cleaned up the rabble, and Green crashed to 134 all out.

This score was, as mentioned, matched by Mamesh and Mørk: Mamesh marked his return to form with a glorious hundred, though the umpire will have to live with the sound of Rose's vociferous appeals ringing in his ears for several nights to come. David Kearsley fell one short of a half-century, as did Håkon Mørk, while the lower order once again failed to push home the advantage, and Red crawled from 267 for four to 304 all out. In the end, it was of little consequence: against beautiful swinging deliveries, poorly executed forward defensives were of little use, and scores of 1, 2, 8, 0 and 5 in the top order suggest something is up in the Green camp. Darren Dubb-Lynch managed 48 on Green debut, however, in a stand of 75 with Bryce Cunningham, and Paddy Gundry slogged nine fours and a six to hammer an unbeaten 70. Red had the last laughs, however, bowling Green out for 214 and despite Cunningham's two wickets, they eased home by the remaining eight.

Cricket Web Green 134 all out (Cunningham 30; Kennett 4/33, Watt 3/30)
Cricket Web Red 304 all out (Mamesh 104; Cameron 3/59)
Cricket Web Green 214 all out (Gundry 70*, Cunningham 54; Kennett 4/47, Watt 3/47)
Cricket Web Red 43 for two (Cunningham 2/16)
Cricket Web Red won by eight wickets
Man of the Match: D. M. Kennett

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Haha, great win! Bowling has been awesome so far, and our batsmen are starting to hit their strings. Losing the top 4 to the Test side though :wacko:

Travis_Teh

International Regular
Updated table :

Code:
Team	Played	Won	Lost	Drawn	Tied	Bat	Bowl	Points
Red	3	3	0	0	0	6	9	57
Black	2	2	0	0	0	9	5	42
Green	3	1	2	0	0	5	8	27
Colts	3	1	2	0	0	1	9	24
Blue	3	0	3	0	0	6	9	15

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Robertinho said:
Haha, great win! Bowling has been awesome so far, and our batsmen are starting to hit their strings. Losing the top 4 to the Test side though :wacko:
First Test is on a Red bye day though.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Robertinho said:
Good for Blue too. Otherwise our XI may have been:

PE Young (c)
RGEWS Cribb
MW DeSilva
A Crampton (wk)
MJC Currie
TC Halsey
GS Gooljar
AAA Collins
MS Smith
RD Dunn
TJ Demeza

Not the most encouraging for the team that's dead last..

KennyD

International Vice-Captain
And how do you think saying that makes your team mates feel brother?

Nice to see confidence in your team.

Weak captaincy, IMO