• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Season 11 Discussion and Results

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Good for Blue too. Otherwise our XI may have been:

PE Young (c)
RGEWS Cribb
MW DeSilva
A Crampton (wk)
MJC Currie
TC Halsey
GS Gooljar
AAA Collins
MS Smith
RD Dunn
TJ Demeza

Not the most encouraging for the team that's dead last..
Way to make me feel wanted. :mellow:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Voltman said:
Way to make me feel wanted. :mellow:
I think Liam was more pointing out the balance of said lineup than the players in it. Currie at 5 and Halsey at 6, as much as they are both good allrounders, really shows up the lack of batting depth...

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Pretty bad performance there Greens. The bowling wasn't too bad, but the batting was just shocking, but good stuff from Gundry; 70* off 54 balls isn't easy.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Gundry was awsome. Very dissapointed with my own 5 day form so far, have to hit the nets with a vengence today :(

Dydl

International Debutant
Nice to at least get some runs in my debut for Green. Would have like to get a half-century, but meh. Great work by Gundry though.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Cricket Web Colts v Cricket Web Black
at Fardin Qayyumi Cricket Centre

Scorecard
Ball By Ball

Match figures of 12 for 116 for Nick Borcich - one wicket short of record figures in CWLand domestic cricket - meant there was little debate over who was to become Man of the Match, though the victory was a Black team effort. Colts struggled from the very beginning, letting Black away to 205 for two before the Blacks slid, but Jamee Gray hit 78 to guide his team towards 400, and Warwick and Borcich slogged valuable runs.

With 394 runs on the board, Colts were always going to struggle. With Pitt and Towns back in the pavilion before three balls had been bowled, Colts had almost waved goodbye to the victory. But at 50 for four, Gary Nayak came in and played a fine unbeaten knock of 101, only stopped by the inevitable wickets from captain Dave Richards. Borcich cleaned up the tail to take the first of two match five-wicket-hauls, and Colts trailed by 164.

They didn't give up, however. Black slid to 31 for four against the new ball, with the top four all gone for single-digit scores, but Ash Chaulk provided his first innings of note this season and Richards slogged the bowling on the third morning as he and Borcich added 45 valuable runs for the tenth wicket. In reply, Colts were in with a shout until Borcich came on to bowl for his second spell, and the score stood at 93 for three. He took one wicket before tea, but returned rested to bowl Towns for 47, and then take the final five wickets in an almighty collapse. Black won by 188 runs, setting things up nicely for tomorrow's Ramprakash Trophy clash between Black and Red at Pickford.

Cricket Web Black 394 all out (Gray 78, Smith 66, Stedman 52)
Cricket Web Colts 230 all out (Nayak 101*; Borcich 5/68, Richards 3/33)
Cricket Web Black 173 all out (Weber 3/35, Wright 3/52)
Cricket Web Colts 149 all out (Towns 47; Borcich 7/48
Cricket Web Black won by 188 runs
Man of the Match: N. A. Borcich

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
that will do nicely, just a shame we couldn't eke out 6 more in the first innings to get the final bonus point

stuff Borchich

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Will be my 100th FC game tomorrow IIRC

99 Matches 2894runs@21.60, 264 wickets@25.27.

3000 runs would be nice eh? meh i'll take a pair and 0-100 if we win.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Top work boys. The sign of a good classroom is that it can still function productively without its teacher. Grade As all round.

Travis_Teh

International Regular
Updated Table:

Code:
Team	Played	Won	Lost	Drawn	Tied	Bat	Bowl	Points
Black	3	3	0	0	0	13	8	63
Red	3	3	0	0	0	6	9	57
Green	3	1	2	0	0	5	8	27
Colts	4	1	3	0	0	2	12	28
Blue	3	0	3	0	0	6	9	15