• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Season 11 Discussion and Results

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Becaus Neil and Hoy both came back from Internation Duty and Neil obviously didn't realise that.

Unless you advise we don't play Hoy and Pickup.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
James90 said:
Why when Neil says "we'll keep the same team for the next match" am I dropped?
Because Test players returned and someone had to go to make room for them?

If I'd simmed with the same team, without Test players, and Black had lost, there'd be a huge stink kicked up.

ash chaulk

International Captain
Samuel_Vimes said:
Because Test players returned and someone had to go to make room for them?

If I'd simmed with the same team, without Test players, and Black had lost, there'd be a huge stink kicked up.
correct

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Super comeback Green :D

I was really happy to see Cameron in the wickets in the first innings, that was the first of many big performances from him this year i think, great support from Cunningham and Rose too.

Our first innings was poor, only 4 made double figures - we need more consistency then that :(

Our 2nd innings bowling was poor, quite embarrassing really, not to worry though, i got Goff and Cloete out - so it was far more embarrassing for them :p

Our 2nd innings really showed what we are made of guys, inspiring stuff - another solid half ton from Malone befroe Scott and Rodgie took over, great to watch guys, pretty happy to find abit of form myself having a tonk at the end :)

Great stuff guys, lets keep this going :D

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Travis_Teh said:
Updated Table (:():

Code:
Team	Played	Won	Lost	Drawn	Tied	Bat	Bowl	Points
Red	4	4	0	0	0	10	12	78
Black	4	3	1	0	0	17	11	70
Green	4	2	2	0	0	5	11	44
Colts	4	1	3	0	0	2	12	28
Blue	4	0	4	0	0	6	12	18
End of the first round, Red sitting on top. Black dominating the bonus points, though.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Cricket Web Blue v Cricket Web Black
in PDV Dome

Scorecard
Commentary

Sean Fuller and Brendan Goff saw off the Black bowlers in an amazing display of hitting, and after Chaulk and Thompson added 98 for the first wicket, Black wilted with the bat once again to remain with a woeful one-day record.

Black batted first, and after opening bowlers Warwick and Hoy bowled threatening lines in the first ten overs, Goff freed his reins. He raced to fifty off 38 balls, exploiting the field restrictions like no other batsman in CWLand can. Callum Thompson was brutally hit around, with his first three overs going for 25, before Pickup came on and had Goff caught hoiking to Hoy.

Dinu de Silva and Sean Fuller accumulated runs well, though Fuller played out a maiden over from Kexing before he, too, began swishing. Smith, whose three previous one-day overs had gone for 27, was called upon in the 29th over; he couldn't stop the barrage of boundaries, either, though his economy rate went down by a couple of points. In the end, only Pickup escaped with credit, as Hoy's three wickets were due to Crampton and Cribb swinging out. Richards was called upon for the last over, and did manage to ruin Fuller's chance of a century when three big turners beat Fuller's attempted drives.

Black started well, though cautiously. Thompson at opener swung and missed a lot, and faced a maiden over from Camps, the 14th. However, by the end of the 19th over 98 runs stood on the scoreboard, and it was time to cut loose.

However, Camps got two key wickets with patient bowling, before Tom Halsey clinched the match with a brace including Thompson and the out-of-form Law. A procession of wickets followed, as Black clung on for 40.4 overs to make 183: Halsey's ten overs yielded five for 31, his best career bowling figures.

Cricket Web Blue 291 for 6 (50 ovs, Fuller 98*, Goff 60, de Silva 60; Hoy 3/59, Pickup 2/47)
Cricket Web Black 183 all out (40.4 ovs, Chaulk 49; Halsey 5/31, Camps 2/34, Smith 2/40)
Cricket Web Blue won by 108 runs
Man of the Match: S. E. Fuller

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Extremely relieved by that. I think that last defeat may have been the hardest to swallow for me and I'm very happy that we've managed to rebound so emphatically.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Thrilled to bits to get stuck in early into this season with 2 wickets. RPO was a bit high but that's to be expected when they're chasing a big total.