• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Season 11 Discussion and Results

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Nice to finally get some dev league runs. Dinu, Goff and Crampton all batted well, and Halsey was sensational with the ball as always. Good, solid win.

Hoggy31

International Captain
May seem like a little bit of a hassle but could you please post the next day's fixtures under the match reports from now on. Cheers.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Solid win Blue, Very happy with my personal form although would have liked to have gone on with the job...

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
FFS, can we kick the Colts out? All they've done since joining this league is inconvenience people with the need for byes.

Seriously though :(

PY

International Coach
Robertinho said:
FFS, can we kick the Colts out? All they've done since joining this league is inconvenience people with the need for byes.

Seriously though :(
:laugh:

Loony BoB

International Captain
Haha. :D Hey, the simmers are the ones who started simming just one game per day on occasion - I'm sure that if they were to find someone suitable who was willing to take the time to assist with sims they would be interested enough. :p I for one don't have that kind of time to put aside every day, so won't complain. ;)

Travis_Teh

International Regular
Loony BoB said:
Haha. :D Hey, the simmers are the ones who started simming just one game per day on occasion - I'm sure that if they were to find someone suitable who was willing to take the time to assist with sims they would be interested enough. :p I for one don't have that kind of time to put aside every day, so won't complain. ;)
Yet, you find the time to be on these forums all day long? ;)

dinu23

International Debutant
haha! now that's more like it. good stuff from Goff, Sean and Crampton.
Halsey = gun!
good bowling by Smith and Camps.
hey smith, was that your debut OD game?

Loony BoB

International Captain
Travis_Teh said:
Yet, you find the time to be on these forums all day long? ;)
I'm at work. :p If it's not busy then sure. :D
Robertinho said:
He's too busy putting on a show for his webcam blog.
Well, I did say I'm at work... *winks at Dauth through the cam*

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Cricket Web Colts v Cricket Web Red
at Fardin Qayyumi CC

Scorecard
Commentary

Cricket Web Red propelled themselves to the top of the table and their seventh successive win in competitive cricket this season, as Colts failed to built on a solid start, though they were inserted to bat. In the 20th over, they were 92 for one: from then on, Red choked the upper line-up. The spinners stemmed the run rate well, with Dwyer and Bennett bowling nine overs in tandem for 26 runs, and Dwyer grabbing the wickets of Das and Burke.

Colts relied on Matt Pitt, who lofted Dwyer for two big sixes in the 36th over, but when Jasotharan attempted the same the catch went to Kearsley at midwicket. But Pitt was caught behind off Robbins' bowling, the lower order failed to add sufficient runs, and Colts were bowled out for 206.

Red did not attempt anything fancy in the chase, but Ian Markus still compiled a masterful unbeaten century after negotiating a tricky opening spell from McKern and Wright. By the end of the fourteenth over, the pair had succeeded in keeping the rate below 3.5: the spinners were taken for runs for Kearsley, Dauth (who brought up his fifty by hooking Wright for six) and a settled Markus, who eventually clinched victory with a brutal straight six with 20 deliveries to spare.

Cricket Web Colts 206 all out (50 ovs; Jasotharan 72; Dwyer 3/40, Robbins 3/43, Watt 2/31)
Cricket Web Red 207 for two (46.4 ovs; Markus 108*, Dauth 55*)
Cricket Web Red won by eight wickets
Man of the Match: I. Markus

Table: Red 12pts (P3 W3, +0.22), Green 11pts (P3 W2 L1, +0.98), Blue 10pts (P3 W2 L1, +0.63), Colts 6pts (P3 W1 L2, -0.04), Black 1pt (P4 L4, -1.34)

Tomorrow's fixtures: Green v Colts @ CWBCC Stadium; Red v Blue @ CW Oval.

Last edited:

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
Fatty batting well...congratz to him
unlucky Colts, we need to bat better!
and strike more when bowling