• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official** Malaysia Tri-Series

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
social said:
something tells me they're not that concerned about the result
People like you should learn to accept that Australia can play bad some days. Although it's another matter that even that bad performance is good enough against most teams.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
As usual Tendulkar takes India into the final, I am sure we will beat WI to win the DLF cup.

Laurrz

International Debutant
once again Tendulkar scores 4 in an important match against Australia lmao

9 out of the last 10 times Aus has beaten Ind when they have met

pure ownage

....India sholda won tho... and were unlucky with some decisions... however they were just woeful when abtting and their decision making - terrible

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Believe it or not I had a feeling all along no matter what the aussie total........Indian batsmen (especially top order: Sehwag,Tendulkar, Dravid) will perish and eventually lose. After they set a target of 214, instead of celebrating a Pre-victory for the Indians, I was praying for Sehwag and Tendulkar to not be out cheaply once again in a crucial game.

My prediction: India will win every single series from now on till 2012.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Slow Love™ said:
Captaincy seems to have brought out the worst in him, 'cause before he was skipper, his behaviour out on the field was actually really good. Hard to believe, now.
I remember he having a go at Harbhajan Singh after he was dismissed and Harbhajan got over excited towards Ponting. I don't agree that his behaviour has degenerated. You can talk about whether Harbhajan's behaviour was approppriate or not but Pontng's wasn't.

Last edited:

Xuhaib

International Coach
Turbinator said:
Believe it or not I had a feeling all along no matter what the aussie total........Indian batsmen (especially top order: Sehwag,Tendulkar, Dravid) will perish and eventually lose. After they set a target of 214, instead of celebrating a Pre-victory for the Indians, I was praying for Sehwag and Tendulkar to not be out cheaply once again in a crucial game.

My prediction: India will win every single series from now on till 2012.
Does India intend to play only Bangla and Zim till 2012.

Slow Love™

International Captain
Pratyush said:
I remember he having a go at Harbhajan Singh after he was dismissed and Harbhajan got over excited towards Ponting. I don't agree that his behaviour has degenerated. You can talk about whether Harbhajan's behaviour was approppriate or not but Pontng's wasn't.
Everybody has their flare-ups, but I don't think you could really argue that Ponting's behaviour back then was really comparable to how he acts now on a regular basis. I don't think there's any doubt that it's degraded.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Turbinator said:
No that'll be too tough of a challenge.........they intend to play Canada and Holland.
Man, Indians are always so hard on their team. Didn't they dominate Sri Lanka and Pakistan a few months ago?

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Slow Love™ said:
Everybody has their flare-ups, but I don't think you could really argue that Ponting's behaviour back then was really comparable to how he acts now on a regular basis. I don't think there's any doubt that it's degraded.
I will just agree to disagree though his acts are more now.

Last edited:

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
nightprowler10 said:
Man, Indians are always so hard on their team. Didn't they dominate Sri Lanka and Pakistan a few months ago?

You're only as good as your last choke-job. And both of those tourneys were in the subcontinent, we're seeing the great indian strokemakers ply their trade when the bowlers can do something else besides being fodder.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
FaaipDeOiad said:
Hayden hasn't impressed me overly. He was pretty good today, all things considered, but I don't see why a slow 49 in which he ran Katich out in the first game should win him a spot ahead of a guy who people are suggesting should be dropped because he doesn't score fast enough.
Not saying big Matt should play ahead of Katich but i'd say he has done pretty well in his two games. His 49 vs the windies was slow but his innings today other than Mongia's was the most i'd say if he wasn't stupidly run out by Martyn could have scored a big one today.

But all in all the battle Hayden/Katich/Jaques is going to go all the way down to the chappell-hadlee series i'd say.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Slow Love™ said:
It sure gets more noticed now because :-

a. Now he is a premier batsman in the world
b. Captain of the best team in the world
c. No one is there to control him in his fits of anger

IMO he was equally bad but he didn't have enough say in matters, so he looked okay on cricket fields, when he was on his own (i.e. off the field), his behaviour is well known.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Sanz said:
That's Mr' Kaitan's way of 'Agree to Disagree' .:laugh: :laugh:
Didn't get you.

Update: If you are saying it cos of the bolded part, his behaviour doesn't have to be taken as degenerated from the past just because his acts are more as he may have more freedom now and he maybe in more spotlight now. For all we know, he may have been just as bad before.

Last edited:
India are a bunch of chokers who rely too much on there top order batsmen who tbh are not good enough Tendulkar has been passed it for years Sehwag has technical issueds which Australia has sorted out and Rahul Dravid struggles against Australia with an average of only 27 in ODI

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Pratyush said:
If you are saying it cos of the bolded part.
There was no need for the 'Bold' part, if you agreed to disagree.

Btw, I totally agree with you on Ricky's behavior.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Sanz said:
There was no need for the 'Bold' part, if you agreed to disagree.
Well Slow Love made two points there - of Ponting's acts increasing and his behaviour degenerating. I agreed to disagree regarding his behaviour degenerating though I was in agreement regarding his acts increasing, which is why I stated the same.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Sanz said:
People like you should learn to accept that Australia can play bad some days. Although it's another matter that even that bad performance is good enough against most teams.
Wasnt the point I was making.

Oz chose a team and tactics with something other than this game in mind and should really have paid for it.