• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Season 11 Discussion and Results

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
33/3from3.3 said:
......and he did......
Gundry, you are an embarrassment to the Dev League. Is it possible to suspend him for bringing the game into disrepute? It's obvious his sole intention was to cause trouble, surely we can't tolerate this sort of **** stirring.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Well, there's no precedent for that. If Gundry gets suspended, I should and so should Bennett, as we've both recently posted parts from MSN conversations we probably shouldn't have.

33/3from3.3

International Vice-Captain
Robertinho said:
Gundry, you are an embarrassment to the Dev League. Is it possible to suspend him for bringing the game into disrepute? It's obvious his sole intention was to cause trouble, surely we can't tolerate this sort of **** stirring.
It wasn't to cause trouble.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
dontcloseyoureyes said:
Well, there's no precedent for that. If Gundry gets suspended, I should and so should Bennett, as we've both recently posted parts from MSN conversations we probably shouldn't have.
So? Dev League hasn't been running for that long in it's current, monstrous form, so it's not like there would've been many (if any) situations like this, so the lack of precedent is pretty irrelevant. I think the facts themselves vary too much from the Bennett incident to this for there to be any sort of persuasive precedent, and I don't even recall you posting an MSN conversation.

Anyway, I wasn't being completely serious, I was trying to convey my disgust at Gundry's ratlike conduct.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Chaulk - accepting his suspension with grace.

Anyway, Blue in terrible strife at the moment. Be a bit easier to turn it around if we had more than four batsmen though.

bryce

International Regular
Robertinho said:
It's like the geek(Dauth) trying to dob in the bully(Gundry) to the haeadmaster(Camps):laugh:
Seriously what is the point in saying that when there are people 'employed' to deal with incidents like that? I bet you would suck your life away to get on the board....

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
bryce said:
It's like the geek(Dauth) trying to dob in the bully(Gundry) to the haeadmaster(Camps):laugh:
Seriously what is the point in saying that when there are people 'employed' to deal with incidents like that? I bet you would suck your life away to get on the board....
Suspend him, IMO.

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
Chaulk had already been suspended for what he said about Demeza. The only reason to then post the MSN conversation would be to stir **** and that's not cool. Give him seven.

Cloete

International Captain
Smashed. That sucks, our woeful FC form continues and it's the batting's fault this time. I spose our batting was somewhat depleted though playing full time bowlers from about 6 onwards.

Anyway wtf was I doing smashing a pull shot first ball in the 2nd innings of an FC game in which we were 100 runs behind and desperately needed to win? Absolutely woeful. PY and I will need to stand up in the next few games.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
bryce said:
Big Bryce Cunningham offering his 2 cents, with his once-a-week post. Makes the most of it IMO

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Cricket Web Blue v Cricket Web Green
in PDV Dome

Scorecard
Commentary

Undecisive top order batting ensured that Blue were defeated handsomely by Green in this encounter, though Ryan Dunn nearly did enough to keep Blue in the hunt with a stunning seven-over spell. He went a little off the boil towards the end, however, allowing Gundry and Rose to take Green over the line.

Blue crashed to 121 batting first, with Darren Dubb-Lynch run out in the first over backing up too far against his team-mates. Young bashed 29, and Collins and Smith provided useful runs, but the tail-enders charged Hing with disappointing results, and the Green off-spinner got handy figures of three for 10. Rose was the pick of the bowlers, however, consistently threatening with pace and bounce.

Demeza struck twice in the opening overs, but Garven and Scott were on the way to securing victory when Dunn intruded. He bowled line and length throughout, and with plenty of movement under heavy clouds and on a worn wicket, he claimed stunning figures of six for 36. However, when he and Demeza were about to close things off at 100 for eight, Rose and Gundry fought back. Running the key singles with ease and dabbing the ball with soft hands, they ensured that the house Andrew Garven built with his 52 did not fall down, and Green eked out a two-wicket victory.

Cricket Web Blue 121 all out (33.2 overs; Young 29; Hing 3/10, Rose 3/33)
Cricket Web Green 122 for eight (32.2 overs; Garven 52; Dunn 6/36, Demeza 2/32)
Cricket Web Green won by two wickets
Man of the Match: R. D. Dunn

Cricket Web Red v Cricket Web Black
in CW Oval

Scorecard
Commentary

Despite horribly irresponsible batting, which included two run outs in the first three overs, Red somehow got across the line again versus Black in the Oval. Zach Ritchie helped rebuild the innings from a shaky start at 56 for three, while Dwyer, Bennett, and Nayak all played a part. However, the key to the 200 score was arguably the poor bowling from Black's change men, who let away 20 wides - helped by a generous wicketkeeper.

When Black batted, Stedman and Fitzsimmons added 96 for the first wicket, but Stedman never got going, and that was to be their downfall. Dwyer struck thrice with his gentle off breaks, and a disciplined bowling effort was rewarded with a 10-run victory, despite late charges from Thompson off Kennett.

Cricket Web Red 215 for nine (50 overs; Ritchie 47; Thompson 2/54)
Cricket Web Black 205 for six (50 overs; Stedman 60 (125b), Fitzsimmons 50; Dwyer 3/40)
Cricket Web Red won by 10 runs
Man of the Match: Z. R. Ritchie

Table: Red 24pts (W6 L1, +0.06), Green 22pts (W4 L2, +1.01), Blue 18.5pts (W3 T1 L3, +0.13), Colts 11pts (W2 L4, -0.30), Black 4.5 pts (T1 L5, -0.92)

Tomorrow's first class fixtures: Colts v Green in Fardin Qayyumi CC, Blue v Red in PDV Dome.