• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Season 11 Discussion and Results

SupaFreak2005

International Vice-Captain
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
The public is represented by the PA Rep. He is mandated to communicate all opinions on the matter to the panel, so address him with your concerns.

The panel will consist of:

Håkon Mørk (CWBCC)
Liam Camps (CWBCC)
Brendon Goff (CW XI captain)
Neil Pickup (CW Black captain)
Dave Watt (CW Red captain)
Andrew Garven (CW Green captain)
Kyle Wright (CW Colts captain)
Sean Fuller (acting CW Blue captain - for this matter)
Tharmi Loganathan (U-19 board)
Jack McNamara (U-19 board)
Travis Demeza (U-19 board)
Daniel Towns (PA Rep)
Should an involved party be on the panel?

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
SupaFreak2005 said:
Should an involved party be on the panel?
In terms of democracy, I hardly have enough influence to do anything against 11 other voices. For that matter, however, the 11 other voices would be the ones voting. Seeing as it is an uneven number and all.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Travis_Teh said:
Can't believe all you guys are up Liam's **** so hard all the time. Do you all somehow forget the hours the poor bloke has put into this out of his own good will?

Talk about selfish.
Exactly.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Hmm, strange happenings.

Pretty unsure as to why the U19 selectors are on the panel, as opposed to say Goff or David, and surely Town's position in this matter is compramised given his earlier statement on the matter?

Loony BoB

International Captain
Just because my opinion is known doesn't mean my opinion doesn't count. That's just... weird. Not sure why everyone is up in arms that I (effectively) said that I denounce the insulting of other members. Should I be promoting profanity and insults as the PA Rep? Of course not. However, this thread isn't about me (or Smith, or Camps - I think they're sorting out their differences in a private environment, maturely enough requested by Smith), this thread is about the cricket. So back to that. :)

Also, Goff is in the panel.

PY

International Coach
Travis_Teh said:
Can't believe all you guys are up Liam's **** so hard all the time. Do you all somehow forget the hours the poor bloke has put into this out of his own good will?

Talk about selfish.
Exactly.

I shall be very interested to see what Neil has to say about it given this:

"Why don't you follow your own advice? I'm not taking that crap at blacks this season. We're not an extension of the testing forum for your own self-gratification, and I'm not going to feel any guilt or remorse if I have to suspend players for acting like morons."

- http://www.cricketweb.net/forum/showpost.php?p=888710&postcount=59

Last edited:

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Cricket Web Green v Cricket Web Black
in CWBCC Stadium

Scorecard
Commentary

James Stedman finally showed glimpses of old form with a stellar 122, smashing Green into oblivion and helping Black to a comfortable 72-run win which defied the recently published tables.

Green's bowling, which has helped them in so many one-day matches this season, had an off-colour day, and Hing, the pick of the bowlers, was fifth change to end with two for 34. The deliveries were largely toothless, while Black batted with total control - the total of 263 for five is one of the highest in the league this season.

Green were always in the hunt, led by Malone and Lezama, who blazed out quick innings and ensured that Green had a shout at 176 for four. Then Kexing broke through - again - and again - and again. A hat-trick in his eighth over ended Green's innings prematurely, ensured five for 36 for the young bowler, and completed the victory.

Cricket Web Black 263 for five (50 overs; Stedman 122, Chaulk 64; Hing 2/34)
Cricket Web Green 191 all out (40.2 overs; Malone 84; Kexing 5/36, Pickup 2/47)
Cricket Web Black won by 72 runs
Man of the Match: J. E. Stedman

Cricket Web Colts v Cricket Web Blue
in PDV Dome

Scorecard
Commentary

Blue briefly regained second place after a disciplined effort helped them to victory against Colts, despite the fiery efforts of former Blue Nath Patrick and the mercurial Arunava Das, who was in brilliant form tonight.

Blue batted first, and were in immediate trouble against Patrick, though Cribb scored at a reasonable rate against him. However, they never really got going with their innings, and McNamara's double strike removing Cribb and Crampton severely hindered them. After Fuller's 55, Patrick bowled well at the death to pick up three more wickets, and end with five for 58 amid a spate of no-balls and wides.

The extras cost Colts dearly. Set 238 to win, Jasotharan and then Das kept up with the pace reasonably, but Pitt was tied down by the spinners and the rate got up to a tricky seven an over. Collins kept things clean at the death and helped himself to wickets, while Colts were left to rue what could have been.

Cricket Web Blue 237 all out (47.1 overs; Fuller 55; Patrick 5/58)
Cricket Web Colts 220 for eight (50 overs; Das 85; Collins 4/36)
Cricket Web Blue won by 17 runs
Man of the Match: S. E. Fuller

Table: Red 24pts (W6 L1, +0.06), Blue 22.5pts (W4 T1 L3, +0.16), Green 22pts (W4 L3, +0.65), Colts 12pts (W2 L5, -0.31), Black 9.5pts (W1 T1 L5, -0.58)

Worth noting that Red tops both tables, setting themselves nicely up for the fourth-quarter choke.

Tomorrow's fixtures (without ODI players again): Black v Blue in Pickford Reserve, Red v Colts in CW Oval.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Another tough loss there for the Colts. A little disapointed no other bowlers could offer Patrick some more support and really nail Blue, but 238 isn't an impossible target. Top batting from Jaso and Das, but yet again not much support from the other batsman.

bryce

International Regular
Hard luck Greens. Pivotal point of the match for mine was when Stedman was dismissed by Malone off a no ball whilst on 68, things could have turned out so much different....

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
The public is represented by the PA Rep. He is mandated to communicate all opinions on the matter to the panel, so address him with your concerns.

The panel will consist of:

Håkon Mørk (CWBCC)
Liam Camps (CWBCC)
Brendon Goff (CW XI captain)
Neil Pickup (CW Black captain)
Dave Watt (CW Red captain)
Andrew Garven (CW Green captain)
Kyle Wright (CW Colts captain)
Sean Fuller (acting CW Blue captain - for this matter)
Tharmi Loganathan (U-19 board)
Jack McNamara (U-19 board)
Travis Demeza (U-19 board)
Daniel Towns (PA Rep)
I trust if the matter reaches the panel then you will step down from this matter due to conflict of interest, Liam?

Travis_Teh

International Regular
bryce said:
Hard luck Greens. Pivotal point of the match for mine was when Stedman was dismissed by Malone off a no ball whilst on 68, things could have turned out so much different....
the old boy shouldn't have overstepped by a foot then, should he?