• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Season 11 Discussion and Results

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Cricket Web Black v Cricket Web Blue
in Pickford Reserve

Scorecard
Commentary

Shocking batting from Blue undid a lot of good work by the seamers, and Black went top of the table once more after an eventually polished performance.

Black batted first, but slipped to 98 for seven, as Demeza whittled through the top order and McKern, Collins, Smith all chipped in with a wicket each. However, Richards and Borcich showed some batting prowess once more, adding 87 for the eighth wicket, before Dunn rounded off the innings with a brace.

Then Blue collapsed. None of the batsmen managed to score, as Black served up 16 maidens in 45 overs, and Warwick got cheap wickets against the obscenely long Blue tail. Collins escaped with some respectability, surviving for 8 not out, but they were still routed for 94, 91 short of Black's total.

Black then batted with ease, knowing that the lead was in the bag, though Demeza once again picked up wickets - this time against the tail, though, which did enable him to take a ten-wicket-haul in the match. However, Blackman, Gray and Law all impressed to lift Black to a solid total of 383, and the target looked all too imposing.

Blue batted better the second time around, but their tail once again let them down as they crashed from 157 for three to 179 all out - McKern making 13 of those runs from number 11 - against Borcich and Richards. It was a mere formality to complete the 295-run victory.

Cricket Web Black 185 all out (Law 46; Demeza 4/59, Dunn 2/16)
Cricket Web Blue 94 all out (Cloete 21; Warwick 6/20)
Cricket Web Black 383 all out (Blackman 84, Gray 61, Law 51; Demeza 6/122)
Cricket Web Blue 179 all out (Young 55; Borcich 4/56, Richards 3/49)
Cricket Web Black won by 295 runs
Man of the Match: H. G. Warwick

Cricket Web Red v Cricket Web Colts
in CW Oval

Scorecard
Commentary

James Malthus-Howell's amazing knocks of 112 and 36 not out helped Colts to a memorable victory over Red, thoroughly outplaying their top-of-the-table opponents to end with a deserved ten-wicket victory.

Red batted well after being inserted under cloudy skies, and were looking to rack up a massive total when Luff was trapped lbw by a splendid delivery from Wright for 31. A pair of excellent old-ball spells from Wright and Hancock, and magnificent fielding to run out Kearsley, and suddenly Red's tail was exposed. They fought with some spunk, Bennett crediting himself with 20 runs, but they were still dismissed for 195.

Not even David Kennett could dig them out of that hole. Once again, his control and pace was masterful, and he took three of the first four wickets as Colts fell to 110 for four. Instead of the usual batting collapse, however, Malthus-Howell and Nayak took the bowlers apart - and racked up a fifth-wicket stand of 115. It turned the match on its head. Nayak got able help from Weber and Rai, and despite Kennett roaring through the tail to end with the incredible figures of seven for 54, Colts had scored 335.

Resuming 140 behind, Mørk went in the first over, inside edging Greg Thomas. Kennett's fellow Test bowler was on prime form, yet was once again treated with distaste by Mamesh, Luff and Kearsley, who took Red within seven runs with just the two wickets lost. Then Thomas returned - and wrekced all hopes. He had Kearsley caught, Dobson lbw, and ran out Ritchie in his followthrough, an awfully judged run. Leading by 21, Red's tail once again contributed some valuable runs, but ultimately the target of 110 was laughably tiny, and Burke and Malthus-Howell eased to victory against feebly ineffctive bowling, batting for 43.1 overs with only the occasional chance given.

Cricket Web Red 195 all out (Mamesh 45; Wright 4/45)
Cricket Web Colts 335 all out (Malthus-Howell 112, Nayak 91; Kennett 7/54, Reddlapalli 3/88)
Cricket Web Red 249 all out (Mamesh 88; Thomas 5/77, Hancock 3/51)
Cricket Web Colts 110 for nought (Burke 60*, Malthus-Howell 36*)
Cricket Web Colts won by 10 wickets
Man of the Match: J. B. Malthus-Howell

Tomorrow's fixtures (all players available): Green v Red in CWBCC Stadium, Black v Colts in Pickford Reserve

Loony BoB

International Captain
Howler, you bloody beauty. :D Now that is something we don't see often at Colts - an opener making a century in an FC game! Fantastic result, guys. Sad I didn't contribute much myself, but good to see Nayak finding form again (he always seems to do well in the lower order), and both our openers fired nicely. As for Thomas and Wright, no matter how often they do it, I can't stop admiring how well they bowl.

Top bowling by Kennett, also, in that match.

Majin

International Debutant
Brilliant stuff Colts. Howler played a Blinder, Nayak supported him brilliantly. Can't overlook Burke's 60* in the second dig either. Skipper and Geggy both bowled really well, and we ended up beating the team of the season with ease. This is the sort of performance I know the Colts are capable of, and I reiterate that i'd back us against any team in the Dev League. Especially the Blues. :happy:

Chuffed with my batting, 6 fours and a six in 38 from number 9 is good going. Seems like I had a bit of fun with a Nayak over. Bowling needs to pick up, but i'll take it with the match result every time.

Props to Kennett, though. Class act.

Last edited:

cricketboy29

International Regular
I'm quite depressed with that. Any day that the Colts actually win over us, is a very bad day. As well as that, I had to suffer the ignominy of being made to bat at 11.....

bryce

International Regular
cricketboy29 said:
As well as that, I had to suffer the ignominy of being made to bat at 11.....
With all the number 11's that have played this season I have never heard of anyone 'suffering'....

Travis_Teh

International Regular
Updated Table:

Code:
Team	Played	Won	Lost	Drawn	Tied	Bat	Bowl	Points
Black	8	6	2	0	0	24	23	131
Red	8	6	2	0	0	18	24	126
Green	8	5	3	0	0	7	23	100
Colts	8	3	5	0	0	7	22	71
Blue	8	0	8	0	0	9	24	33
broncoman said:
another win, sucks to be blue i guess...
Quiet please, turncoats are not welcome to commentate on our teams performance. :happy:

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Great work Colts. Awesome batting by the Hyphen, and a good all-round bowling effort. Thomas continues to star. Props to Kennett on continuing his awesome form too.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Sucked in Red! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Great performance from the Colts. Wonderful bowling. Excellent batting. A true team performance. One of our greatest ever. Top stuff.

ash chaulk

International Captain
well done blacks!!!!!

blackman even made runs lol

p.s Hak can you change the writeup to Richards and Warwick making the 80 run 8th wicket partnership before borcich froths all over the changerooms

David

International 12th Man
Disappointing effort, nice from me in the first, but really should've been more effective in the second innings.