• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Season 11 Discussion and Results

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
David said:
Such a condescending attitude. You've posted some pretty inflammatory things for mine, and I'm sure if they were directed at your team, you'd feel the same.
I'm not sure what you mean by inflammatory. I didn't mean to start any personal war against one particular player, more the general attitude of Reds players towards the Colts side in particular. I think you'll find I ignore similar themed posts laughing or having a go at our team, while Reds members chose not to ignore mine. I've admitted that I may have gone OTT on this occasion, but it is hardly something I do often.

David said:
The written word can be hard to convey tone, and to me, your posts have come off as rather serious.
I considered it more of a running joke between myself and certain Red players (having been a former member of the side), I have had no communication by them via MSN or email that I have been out of line and considered the joke to continually be running on the forum, hence the serious tones of the posts which although serious, were only intended as a joke. I apologise if I've offended anyone (and I've obviously offended you) but it was not my intention.

Mister Wright

David said:
Nice edit. EDIT <- Stupid comment by me, my apologies.
You might notice my point about being indiscrimate. Whilst I know none were directed at me specifically, you still, seemily to me, let fly at the entire team.
Look, the whole thing was what I considered a joke. I'll stop now as it appears I have gone too far. My posts were in no way (except one :ph34r: ) directed at you, nor were the posts directed at the team as a whole. Being a former member, I have a good relationship with most of the Red players and as I said above I thought that the whole thing was a running joke.

David

International 12th Man
I know you're a former Red, remember? :p

Regardless
I just wanted to point out that I felt you'd gone overboard - success
You wanted me to realise that you were just joking - success

As I said, I don't mind the jokes.

BTW, Inflammatory, although I'm sure you know what it means, that's what I meant.

Mister Wright

David said:
I know you're a former Red, remember? :p

Regardless
I just wanted to point out that I felt you'd gone overboard - success
You wanted me to realise that you were just joking - success

As I said, I don't mind the jokes.

BTW, Inflammatory, although I'm sure you know what it means, that's what I meant.
Glad we cleared that one up...:)

I'm looking forward to the pasting I will cop from the Reds next time we get beaten...(yes that comment was supposed to be inflammatory, :ph34r: but is also a challenge :cool: ).

David

International 12th Man
Mister Wright said:
Glad we cleared that one up...:)

I'm looking forward to the pasting I will cop from the Reds next time we get beaten...(yes that comment was supposed to be inflammatory, :ph34r: but is also a challenge :cool: ).
I'll try to remember to mock the colts.. err yellows, sorry :p next time we flog you. :D

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
348runs@38.67 and 28wickets@17.68. I suppose that's an acceptable first half of the season.

Black bowling attack looks pretty solid

PY

International Coach
Nichanigate didn't have quite as much zing as all the bickering that's been going on in this thread and elsewhere.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Cricket Web Black v Cricket Web Colts
in Pickford Reserve

Scorecard
Commentary

Black put up a polished but unspectacular performance to beat the Colts at Pickford, batting well enough against keen but ultimately fruitless bowling.

Colts had batted first, with the opening pairing grinding out runs at a rather slow rate, and though both Malthus-Howell and Pitt chipped in with fiery knocks, and Das continued with another half-century, the total of 219 for four looked meagre.

It was. Black's batsmen were simply outstanding, with Colts only taking the one wicket through bowling - the second was a run-out of top-scorer Ash Chaulk for 74. Jen Law took Black to the target with an unbeaten 73, and Stedman continued his good run of form with a brisk 43.

Cricket Web Colts 219 for four (50 overs; Das 51*; Pickup 2/41)
Cricket Web Black 222 for two (47 overs; Chaulk 74, Law 73*; Weber 1/38)
Cricket Web Black won by eight wickets
Player of the Match: J. A. Law

Cricket Web Green v Cricket Web Red
in CWBCC Stadium

Scorecard
Commentary

Red squandered their one-day chances with a poor batting effort, and though Xavier Rose's new-ball spell was truly excellent, the game was there for the taking with 51 runs to get and six wickets in hand.

Green had batted first, but never got going - every Red chipped in with wickets, with Dwyer the star to nab three for 35, though Watt's three for 27 looked better thanks to the tail-enders and good economy with the new ball. Rodgie and Lezama top scored with painful 29s, but no Green batsman looked comfortable.

Neither did the Red top order. After Goughy had Markus caught in the slips for two, Rose kept bowling nagging lines, and was rewarded with three wickets as Red slipped to 38 for four. However, Marc Robbins rebuilt well with Matt Luff, taking runs off the spinners and Cunningham with ease. A bonus point was within sight when the wheels fell off, as Robbins slapped Gundry to Rodgie at midwicket for 35.

Then Luff was run out for a solid 59, the lower order of Dwyer and Mamesh failed to stand up, and Bennett and Kennett required 31 for the last wicket. They managed until Rose was reintroduced into the attack, and his first ball reverse swung away from Kennett, inducing an outside edge which Lezama gratefully took and won the game for Green by 20 runs.

Cricket Web Green 164 all out (Watt 3/27, Dwyer 3/35)
Cricket Web Red 144 all out (Luff 59; Rose 4/25)
Cricket Web Green won by 20 runs
Man of the Match: X. P. A. Rose

Table: Green 26pts (W5 L3, +0.62), Red 25pts (W6 L2, +0.00), Blue 22.5pts (W4 T1 L3, +0.16), Black 13.5pts (W2 T1 L5, -0.47), Colts 13pts (W2 L6, -0.31)

Next fixtures, October 7, one-day: Black v Green in Pickford Reserve, Blue v Colts in PDV Dome.

Last edited:

bryce

International Regular
Haha we'll take that win:laugh: Same old story bowling:thumbup:batting:thumbdown
Great stuff Rose i'm happy with my bowling too this is already my best OD season by far haha...