• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Season 11 Discussion and Results

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Mister Wright said:
Both of our wicket keepers have been selected for this game. Are we allowed to use any player for a wicket keeper for our fixture tonight?
You guys used Das last time, apparently he has the best fielding rating.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Cricket Web Colts v Cricket Web Blue
at the PDV Dome

Scorecard
Commentary

Brilliance and fighting spirit characterized the return of Gerard Armstrong to the Dev League, as he scored his maiden one-day hundred under extreme pressure. Armstrong took his guard at a dismal 2 for 3, with his team needing 226 more runs for victory. With Kyle Wright steaming in and bowling superbly, opportunities for Blue victory appeared to have already slipped away.

Armstrong battled on, however, first adding 169 runs with his captain, Liam Camps, who struggled to a half-century before his demise. By the time Camps was caught at deep midwicket off Rai, Armstrong had scored 81 runs, and Blue needed 56 runs off 46 balls.

Pete Young and Gareth Gooljar provided crucial support, but Armstrong was the man who held firm at the end. Smith smashed the first ball he received to the square leg boundary to win the game, and Armstrong ran off the field with 107 not out to his name.

The innings took the shine off the earlier heroics of Tarick Weber. The spinner, promoted to number 4, added 123 runs with Aranuva Das for the third wicket, and ended the innings on a career high if 94 not out. His effort, as well as 70 from Das and two huge sixes by Nayak, contributed healthily to a total of 227-5.

While Kyle Wright was tearing through the Blue top order, it seemed that the modest total would be sufficient. Armstrong's first two balls dropped short of the slip cordon, but from there it was almost entirely his moment.

Cricket Web Colts 227-5 (50 overs)
TV Weber 94*, AS Das 70; MS Smith 3-57

Cricket Web Blue 230-6 (49 overs)
GAJ Armstrong 107*, LA Camps 75; KS Wright 4-36

Cricket Web Blue won by 4 wickets.
Man of the Match: GAJ Armstrong

Cricket Web Green vs Cricket Web Black
at the Pickford Reserve

Scorecard
Commentary

Kexing Su set the Pickford Reserve alight, as he tore through the CW Green top order in a dramatic Black bowling performance. Su dismissed Garven and Gaukroger in the space of 2 balls, and Green quickly slipped to 15-4 before slumping to 100 all out.

Eric Volavola contributed 27 not out, and was the only man left untainted in the innings. Every Black bowler claimed a wicket, and though four Green batsmen reached double figures, no one managed to usurp Volavola's 27.

The reply by Black was hardly convincing early on, and James Stedman was caught at slip in the first over. Mitchell later accounted for former CW XI wicketkeeper, Ash Chaulk, but Jennifer Law and Alex Blackman fairly eased toward the target, albeit at contrasting paces.

Cricket Web Green 100 all out (28.4 overs)
EL Volavola 27*; Kexing Su 4-34, NS Hoy 3-21

Cricket Web Black 101-2 (22.1 overs)
AJ Blackman 36*, JA Law 34*; MT Mitchell 1-21, XPA Rose 1-26

Cricket Web Black won by 8 wickets.
Man of the Match: Kexing Su

Tomorrow's Games:
CW Blue v CW Black at the Pickford Reserve (5D)
CW Colts v CW Red at the Fardin Qayyumi CC (5D)

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
94* zomg... :O
:( damnit Colts, shouldve won this one..bowled dire, not used at staying at the crease for that long 8-)

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
What can I say? I'm a demi-god. Serendipitous decision to return to the Dev League IMO.

I believe that lifts my average to a Clarke-esque 200+. The only way from here is down. :D

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Bit expensive, but the three wickets will do. Nice to hit the winning runs as well. Well done Blue.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Wonderful performance from the Colts. Our star players taken away for higher honours, we were given no chance. Wonderful batting from Weber and Das is in great form.

Really happy with my bowling at the moment, I did my best to get the early wickets that we needed, but in the end it wasn't enough.

Couldn't be more happy with the commitment we showed.

Great stuff!

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Great work by Tarick and Wright. So close, and with a batting line-up like ours, it`s pretty much a win. :D

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Oooh, close match. Great bowling by right and great batting by Weber. Armstrong did pretty good too :p

Cloete

International Captain
Mr Casson said:
What can I say? I'm a demi-god. Serendipitous decision to return to the Dev League IMO.

I believe that lifts my average to a Clarke-esque 200+. The only way from here is down. :D
Gun.

Good win from the boys. You can take my place on a regular basis, 0 (1) great return! I'm so sick of these goldens Kyle. Voltman amongst the wickets again and Camps a top notch 74. Brilliant stuff from Adam too. Gerard the hero though. Nice work Blue.

Travis_Teh

International Regular
Mister Wright said:
Wonderful performance from the Colts. Our star players taken away for higher honours, we were given no chance
Nnanden said:
So close, and with a batting line-up like ours, it`s pretty much a win.
As said before, blue have had these problems for half the current season.

Excellent game blue, happy with my economy ... even bowled a maiden :)
Excellent batting from Casson and Camps :D