• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Season 11 Discussion and Results

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Nice win, didn't realise Casson had joined Blue. Top knocks from him and Liam, pretty solid bowling all round too. Happy that I'm starting to put together a few decent OD performances.

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
Adamc said:
Nice win, didn't realise Casson had joined Blue. Top knocks from him and Liam, pretty solid bowling all round too. Happy that I'm starting to put together a few decent OD performances.
But aren't you glad I did? Carrying the team IMO. (Sorry, I just know that I'm going to return to my dismal ways soon and I'll never have bragging rights about anything ever again.)

luffy

International Captain
Im not sure if i have missed something but wasnt there meant to be games on this morning??

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
luffy said:
Im not sure if i have missed something but wasnt there meant to be games on this morning??
Yeah mate. Happens from time to time, with only a couple of people to sim the games, they can't always be done on time. They'll be done in good time. We've been very lucky this season to have pretty much all the games done on time. It will be all sorted out in the next few hours or so.

luffy

International Captain
Mister Wright said:
Yeah mate. Happens from time to time, with only a couple of people to sim the games, they can't always be done on time. They'll be done in good time. We've been very lucky this season to have pretty much all the games done on time. It will be all sorted out in the next few hours or so.
Cheers mate

Loony BoB

International Captain
Mister Wright said:
Wright's got time on his hands, or at least certainly in his posts. Didn't they teach you about avoiding word repetition in school, cap'n? ;)

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Loony BoB said:
Wright's got time on his hands, or at least certainly in his posts. Didn't they teach you about avoiding word repetition in school, cap'n? ;)
First of all I don't have that much time on my hands. It's called procrastination. Secondly as a lyricist word repeition is my greatest ally.

Travis_Teh

International Regular
Mister Wright said:
First of all I don't have that much time on my hands. It's called procrastination. Secondly as a lyricist word repeition is my greatest ally.
sure, if you are a boring as hell lyricist.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
8-)

Cricket Web Blue v Cricket Web Black
at the Pickford Reserve

Scorecard
Ball by Ball

Minimal strokeplay, great heart and an ounce or two of courage, and Peter Young inspired relieved exhalation from Blue fans around CWLand, as his unbeaten half-century essayed a maiden FC win this season. Young battled for 178 balls to score 64 not out, and anchored a difficult chase of 164 for a long overdue win.

Having seen his team slip to 66-4, Young fought on with Crampton (18) first, then captain Camps (24 not out) against the spin of Neil Pickup, and on a pitch that had seen the Blue spinners share all 10 Black second innings wickets. Indeed, Tom Halsey spun his team back into the game with 6-44, as Matt Currie contributed 4-17.

Due largely to the batting of Thompson and the bowling of Pickup, CW Black had taken a lead of 18 runs on first innings. Attempting to capitalize, the score moved relatively comfortably to 80-0 before spin took its course.

Halsey trapped Chaulk in front to a fortuitous decision, then the remaining 9 Black wickets tumbled for 65 runs. Most spectacular was the wicket of Richards, who Halsey bowled with a big legbreak as he attempted to pad away a legstump delivery.

The low target allowed for high expectations from both sides, and Hoy removed Cribb before tea on the fourth day to ensure the game stayed balanced. The wickets of DeSilva, Cloete and Fuller followed in the final session of the day. But when Richards dropped a difficult chance off the bat of Crampton later on, it may have been a turning point.

Young and Crampton started the final day needing 66 runs for a Blue victory, with 6 wickets in hand. To his horror, Young edged the second ball of the session to 2nd slip, but was promptly put down by the returning Chris Butler. It would prove the most crucial of chances, and he would offer no more chances on his way to stroking the match-winning run.

Cricket Web Black 1st innings 282 all out
CP Thompson 96, SG Fitzsimmons 56; AAA Collins 4-48
Cricket Web Blue 1st innings 264 all out
AP Cloete 71, A Crampton 44; NS Pickup 4-46, NS Hoy 3-49
Cricket Web Black 2nd innings 145 all out
AP Chaulk 48, SG Fitzsimmons 31; TC Halsey 6-44, MJC Currie 4-17
Cricket Web Blue 2nd innings 164-5
PE Young 64*, LA Camps 24*; NS Hoy 3-33

Cricket Web Blue won by 5 wickets.
Man of the Match: PE Young

Cricket Web Red vs Cricket Web Colts
at the Fardin Qayyumi CC

Scorecard
Ball by Ball

A brilliant Colts fightback was usurped by a rampant Reddlapalli and some terrible fielding. The allrounder swung the momentum decisively the way of Cricket Web Red in a 133-run win.

The Reds won the toss and chose to bat first, but half-centuries from the old heads of Mørk and Robbins were the only outstanding performances in an otherwise mediocre showing of 241 all out. The CW XI wicketkeeper-batsman contributed a steady 69, whilst Robbins cast aside his poor batting form for a clutch innings of 51.

The Colts response was quickly stunted by the loss of Burke in the first over. A catastrophic run-out of Malthus-Howell and the loss of Jasotharan's offstump then sent the home team reeling at 36-3. Application and grit was needed, and arrived from vice-captain Towns and Gary Nayak. Both played to their strengths and compiled a stand of 103 to place the Colts back into contention.

Just as the game began to shift into the court of the Colts, Bennett broke through. The legspinner enticed Nayak to swing over a delivery that kept low and went straight on, crashing into middle stump. Watt returned Matt Pitt to the pavilion, and Ritchie claimed the prized wicket of Towns, amidst a burst of 3 quick scalps.

All out for 209, the Colts were hardly disheartened by the deficit of 32 runs, instead hitting back with the ball. Kyle Wright was the main destroyer. The captain took 4 wicket, carrying his match tally to 8. The Reds were in disarray at 82-7.

Once more, Marc Robbins stepped into gear. He played a chanceless innings of 52 off 78. Meanwhile, his partner Reddlapalli bore a more charmed existence, dropped thrice in his match-turning innings of 86 not out. By the time Watt was given lbw to end the innings, the score was set at 219, and a total of 252 required for a Colts win.

Buoyed and confident, the Red bowlers quickly limited the top order to 30-4, before tearing through the middle order. At 68-6, the game appeared to have disappeared. And though Nayak and Weber redeemed the score somewhat, 118 all out was the dismal end result.

Cricket Web Red 1st innings 241 all out
H Mørk 69, MJ Robbins 51; KS Wright 4-67
Cricket Web Colts 1st innings 209 all out
DP Towns 68, G Nayak 56; ZR Ritchie 3-18, DJ Watt 3-33
Cricket Web Red 2nd innings 219 all out
MR Reddlapalli 86*, MJ Robbins 52; KS Wright 4-66
Cricket Web Colts 2nd innings 118 all out
TV Weber 34; DJ Watt 4-33, DM Kennett 3-28

Cricket Web Red won by 133 runs.
Man of the Match: MJ Robbins

Tomorrow(Today)'s Game:
CW Green v CW Colts at the CWBCC Stadium (5D)

Last edited by a moderator: