• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Season 11 Discussion and Results

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'm in Brighton sans computer, relaxing. Results delayed until I'm not in Brighton, sans computer, relaxing. Results due tonight.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Cricket Web Colts v Cricket Web Blue
at the PDV Dome

Scorecard
Commentary

A maiden first-class hundred and two second innings wickets capped a fine game for Matt Currie, as he helped the Blues ease to their second FC win of the season. Currie scored an even ton in CW Blue's first innings of 424, and frustrated the Colts as his team climbed from 232-6 to the formidable score.

Sean Fuller then bowled a superb first spell to set the Colts back in their response. Ultimately the Colts reached 229 all out. And that was largely due to the batting of Nayak (61) and young Gelman (46 not out).

The Blues remained in total control, however. Pete Young followed up his first innings 82 with 138 - his fifth FC hundred of the Dev League season. The former Test opener took the opportunity to breeze past 1000 runs in his 11th FC game of the season.

The Blues secured a total of 288-9 declared against a much improved Colts bowling effort, and ensured that the visitors would need a massive 484 runs in 5 sessions to win the game.

Luckily for the Colts, the pitch remained decent for batting. But the Blue bowlers exploited what little assistance they got. Towns and Bharat resumed on the final day with 426 runs needed and 8 wickets intact.

Wickets tumbled at a steady pace after the initial breakthrough in the morning session, and though Gelman resisted stoutly again, the Colts surrendered for 202.

Cricket Web Blue 1st innings 424 all out
MJC Currie 100, PE Young 82, SE Fuller 53; KS Wright 4-98
Cricket Web Colts 1st innings 229 all out
G Nayak 61, ZE Gelman 46*; AAA Collins 4-42, SE Fuller 3-37
Cricket Web Blue 2nd innings 288-9 dec.
PE Young 138, MW DeSilva 46; GM Thomas 4-51, TV Weber 3-52
Cricket Web Colts 2nd innings 202 all out
DP Towns 38, ZE Gelman 24*; TC Halsey 4-26, AAA Collins 3-37

Cricket Web Blue won by 281 runs.
Man of the Match: MJC Currie

Cricket Web Green vs Cricket Web Black
at the Pickford Reserve

Scorecard
Commentary

Anthony Lezama battled bravely twice for the Greens, but there was little else forthcoming, and the Blacks cruised to a 7-wicket win in front of their home crowd.

Scores of 86 and 73 marked a gritty return to form for the Green opener, but none of his teammates managed to cross fifty otherwise. Only Rodgie 32 and 47 threatened, and in each innings, the middle and lower order crumbled from reasonable starts.

CW Black responded to the CW Green first innings of 231, posting 311 for a lead of 80 runs. Ash Chaulk played a stroke-filled innings at the top of the order to set the pace, but Butler really caught the eye with his first significant innings in months - a composed 78.

Rose and Cunningham played big roles with the ball. The two pacers shared 9 wickets to keep CW Black under control.

Then setting out to bat their way back into the game, the Greens looked very competitive at 180-2. At that stage, the score was effectively 100-2, but a run out was set to throw the revival into a tailspin. Borcich hit the stumps directly to send Rodgie back and chased a Borcich delivery immediately after. The Greens collapsed to 212 all out to leave the Blacks needing 133 for victory.

Simon Fitzsimmons made up for his first innings failure with a comfortable half-century, then allowed Butler to guide his team home with 36 unbeaten.

Cricket Web Green 1st innings 231 all out
A Lezama 86, RJ Malone 36; NS Hoy 3-33, NA Borcich 3-48, NS Pickup 3-53
Cricket Web Black 1st innings 311 all out
CR Butler 78, AP Chaulk 75, JA Law 51; XPA Rose 5-44, BC Cunningham 4-63
Cricket Web Green 2nd innings 212 all out
A Lezama 73, JR Rodgie 47; MW Wilson 4-33
Cricket Web Black 2nd innings 134-3
SG Fitzsimmons 58, CR Butler 36*; XPA Rose 2-41

Cricket Web Black won by 7 wickets.
Man of the Match: A Lezama

Last edited by a moderator:

Mr Mxyzptlk

Tomorrow's Games:

CW Blue vs CW Colts at the PDV Dome (OD)
CW Red vs CW Green at the CW Oval (OD)

Then:

CW Black vs CW Colts at the Fardin Qayyumi CC (OD)

Please be as prompt as possible with the teams. It would be good if these teams can be submitted ASAP as I inch away at getting back on schedule.

PY

International Coach
Haha Gelman riding high in the FC averages. :D

Top stuff Blue, let's try get some dignity back into this season. Team pride and all that jazz.

EDIT: Congrats to Butler on his return from injury and into form, good to see him back.

Last edited:

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Boo. There goes my batting average.

In more important news, we're back on the winning trail and it's looking more and more like a red-and-black FC final. I love the balance of the side, I have selection quandaries and virtually everyone is contributing. Bring it on!

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Solid win Blue. Great knock from Currie to get a century from so low in the order, and PY was very good as per usual this season. Fairly happy with my bowling although my figures in the first innings were better than they should've been.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Very disapointed with the loss Colts. This was one of the strongest teams we have fielded all year and to lose so easily is not a promising sign.

Nayak in terrific form with the bat and Gelman showing his allround abilities with a good performance with the bat.

Need to pick up our performance

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Tomorrow's Games:

CW Blue vs CW Colts at the PDV Dome (OD)
CW Red vs CW Green at the CW Oval (OD)

Then:

CW Black vs CW Colts at the Fardin Qayyumi CC (OD)

Please be as prompt as possible with the teams. It would be good if these teams can be submitted ASAP as I inch away at getting back on schedule.

Where are we up to on the schedule? Next Colts game I have on the schedule is v Red on the 14th.